Girls of reproductive age eventually wonder if they are pregnant. A gynecological examination or ultrasound confirms pregnancy a month after the conception. But there are first signs in the early stages, created by nature, which will help determine pregnancy at home.
Possession of this information helps the expectant mother to prepare for life changes and take a number of safe steps for the child’s health.
12 signs of early pregnancy
- Menstruation delay. The most common herald of pregnancy. If the symptom appears, it does not mean that it is caused by pregnancy. It is possible that there was a malfunction in the body.
- Implantation bleeding. Minor spotting that occurs when the egg is attached to the uterus. Often the symptom appears a week after conception and lasts several hours.
- Breast swelling and sensitization. The messenger appears in the second week. The breast enlarges slightly and becomes sensitive to touch, the nipples darken, and the veins become noticeable.
- Frequent urination. A sign that appears at night after half a month from the moment of conception. Due to the pressure of the expanding uterus on the bladder.
- Drowsiness and fatigue. They are permanent regardless of the duration of sleep. For many girls, fatigue continues throughout the first trimester. Fight fatigue and drowsiness with coffee not worth it.
- Exacerbation of smell. A woman in a position increases the sense of smell. As a result, the girl is not able to tolerate harsh aromas. Most of all I do not like tobacco smoke, although other smells of pleasure do not bring.
- Pain syndromes in the lower back and lower abdomen. The symptom is rare. If pain in these areas appeared, I recommend to be wary. It is possible that pain syndromes will bother before childbirth, and the risk of miscarriage in this case is great. Be sure to consult a doctor
- Bouts of nausea and vomiting. All girls in position suffer from morning sickness at 6 weeks. In some, the symptom appears earlier. Nausea brings discomfort in the morning and throughout the day.
- Sudden mood changes. If, without a good reason, another family conflict begins, think about it. It is possible that the sign is provoked by a special situation.
- Constipation. At an early stage of pregnancy, the level of progesterone in the female body rises, which slows down the digestive system. As a result, constipation occurs.
- Dizziness. The first sign of pregnancy. It may appear for other reasons or be a symptom of a serious illness. Only can figure it out doctor.
- Change in appetite. During pregnancy, a brutal appetite awakens. Often attracted to spicy or salty dishes. So the body tries to make up for the lack of vitamins.
We looked at the first signs of early pregnancy. Remember, some of these symptoms are very similar to the messengers of premenstrual syndrome and can be caused by a disease.
Video Myths About Pregnancy
How to determine pregnancy at home without a test
As practice shows, women who have suspected pregnancy, go to the pharmacy and buy a test. You can do without a purchase tool.
Most often, a girl learns about pregnancy after visiting a gynecologist. Pharmacy tests also help in this matter, but there are signs that signal the birth of a new life.
- Lack of menstruation. The main symptom, signaling an interesting position. Moreover, a delay even for a day raises a bunch of questions in a woman’s head. If you listen to the body, you will feel that it behaves unusually.
- The hormonal background changes dramatically. There is a feeling of nasal congestion, joints hurt, and the temperature rises. Similar symptoms are common with colds and flu.
- The appearance of snoring. Progesterone, which is responsible for the safety of the child, affects the mucous membranes, which become soft and weakened. As a result, the girl in a position snores. If you have not noticed this before, you should take a pregnancy test.
- The chest becomes sensitive, enlarges and swells.. It is impossible not to notice such changes. When the nipples come in contact with the clothes, pain appears.
- Hormonal changes. High irritability, malaise, fatigue, sudden mood swings appear.
- Iodine test. A drop of iodine is added to the urine and the behavior is monitored. If the drop does not blur or fall, there is a chance of pregnancy.
The listed methods are effective, but no one has canceled the exceptions. At the first suspicion, immediately consult a gynecologist.
Signs for pregnancy
Outside the window is a century of scientific progress and computer technology, but conspiracies, superstitions and signs remain significant. Some worldly wisdom provides amazing results that cannot be substantiated either by logic or science.
Often girls face a problem when pregnancy does not occur. Even doctors, having studied the situation, shrug. As a result, expectant mothers resort to using old ways to help realize their dreams.
According to the held mothers, omens are an effective way to have a baby. I will list some of them so that you can put the acquired knowledge into practice and make sure of their effectiveness.
- An old sign says that a close friend expecting a baby can help get pregnant. More often than not, contact with the expectant mother, who during communication will share positive energy.
- For a long-awaited pregnancy to occur, drink from the cup from which the woman drank in position.
- Drop by on a visit to mommy and take an empty stroller. A similar effect will provide and trying on things belonging to a pregnant girl.
- The expansion of the family will also contribute to some houseplants, including ficus. According to signs, if you put a ficus in a room where a young couple lives, he will make sure that children appear in the family.
- The appearance in the family of a stray cat or dogs testifies that the child will appear in the house. According to the sages, animals that have found a home emit energy that helps to achieve the goal.
I do not claim that this is true, but it will not hurt to try these methods in practice. It's no secret that signs appear for a reason, and people notice them from ancient times.
Signs of a Frozen Pregnancy
Losing a baby is a huge tragedy, especially during pregnancy. This happens with premature birth, spontaneous miscarriage and missed pregnancy.
According to statistical information, 15% of the total number of pregnancies freeze. It is problematic to diagnose a frozen pregnancy and determine the pathology only during the examination.
Frozen pregnancy is a condition when, at a certain stage, the fetus stops developing and dies. Such misfortune can overtake in any trimester, but a large proportion falls on the first thirteen weeks.
Pathology manifests itself for various reasons, including: a woman’s age, bad habits, endocrine diseases, hormonal disruptions, serious infections, and uterine diseases.
- At the initial stage, it is unrealistic to determine a frozen pregnancy. A symptom of pathology is the disappearance of signs of pregnancy, including a change in taste, an increase in the volume and sensitivity of the breast.
- It is not always possible to identify the listed symptoms. In some girls, pregnancy begins without certain symptoms, and changes caused by fading do not appear immediately, due to the features of the hormonal system.
- Some girls intuitively feel the problem. If you suspect, do not panic, listen to the body and consult a doctor.
- A frozen pregnancy is indicated by a sharp decrease in basal temperature. Remember, the method is effective in the first half of the situation.
- After the middle of the term, the fetus begins to move. If no movements are noticed or the intensity of stirring has decreased, it is recommended to consult a doctor. This will help make sure that the baby is not in danger.
- The most dangerous signs are pain syndromes in the lower abdomen along with bloody discharge that resembles menstruation. If these symptoms appear, immediately contact the clinic.
Even if a symptom occurs, do not panic or get depressed. Only a doctor can determine the presence of a problem.
Pregnancy after a frozen pregnancy
Frozen pregnancy is a deplorable event, the end of which is the death of the fetus. Girls are not even aware of the existence of the problem and learn about it as part of a routine examination or after the appearance of spotting.
Tragedy affects the psyche, and few decide on yet another attempt. But pregnancy after a frozen pregnancy often goes well, if all plan correctly.
- First of all, it is recommended to undergo a comprehensive examination of a married couple. Spouses must visit the genetics, endocrinologist, urologist and gynecologist.
- Take good care of your health. Get rid of chronic diseases and take a number of measures to strengthen the immune system.
- The duration of pregnancy planning is six months. This time is enough to visit doctors, undergo examination and prepare the body for the birth of life.
- Pay attention to sports and nutrition. Walking in the fresh air along with good sleep and the absence of stressful situations will not interfere. Remember, many girls who survived a missed pregnancy became mothers or have a second child.
- Sometimes the pathology manifests itself again. Then an in-depth examination is required. Medical practice demonstrates that often the body programs itself for an unsuccessful pregnancy.
The second attempt can be completed successfully, the main thing is to undergo a full examination and prepare for conception. If this is not done, the likelihood of relapse will increase. Do not neglect the examination of the body and planning for pregnancy.
Can there be periods during pregnancy?
Now I will answer the question whether menstruation goes during pregnancy. No. In the girl’s body in a position the level of hormones rises, as a result, he switches to a different mode of work, and the maturation of the eggs in the ovaries stops. The uterus functions differently and concentrates on preserving the fetus. Endometrial growth and rejection stops, as does the menstrual cycle.
Sometimes a pregnant girl has spotting, but they have nothing to do with menstruation. Every fourth woman in the situation is faced with such a phenomenon. The duration of the discharge corresponds to the menstrual cycle, which is misleading.
To distinguish spotting from menstruation is problematic, especially when they are observed in one period. If contraceptives are not protected or incorrectly used as part of sexual intercourse, the appearance of menstruation according to the schedule does not guarantee the absence of pregnancy. You can’t do without a test.