how clean leather and suede gloves? It is safer to hand them in for dry cleaning, but if there is no such possibility, you can do this at home. Let me remind you of a few simple but important features of care.
- Do not dry gloves made of genuine leather and suede on the battery. This is detrimental to the product, it will quickly become unusable, cracked and deformed.
- If the gloves are very wet (caught in rain, snow, fell into a puddle, etc.), they need to be dried. Lay flat on a vertical surface, where they dry under natural conditions.
- Do not machine wash. The less water gets during cleaning, the better.
- Keep gloves away from sunlight, excessive moisture. The storage location should have good air exchange.
It's time to self-clean leather and suede gloves. First, think about precautions.
Prepare the material for cleaning. At the beginning, it is better to dry the gloves. With wet suede it is difficult to clean the dirt, and the material can suffer. This also applies to leather products. Adhering dirt and sand can be cleaned with a soft bristle brush. Raw leather gloves can be wiped with a soft, damp cloth or a cotton pad.
Cleaning options for white, dark or color options may vary. Please note that the prepared product can damage the color structure, and violate the unity of color on the material. Carefully read the instructions before use and follow it. Use home care with caution.
Effective folk methods for cleaning leather gloves
Suitable for cleaning white leather gloves. It does not damage the paint, gives shine and a decent appearance.
- Separate the protein from the yolk.
- Beat the protein in a stable foam.
- Rub the resulting foam into the skin over the entire surface, paying attention to the seams and joints between the fingers, there are a lot of dirt and darkening.
- We wait some time until the skin absorbs protein.
- Wipe the surface with a soft cloth or cotton pad.
White, cream, light gloves will become like new.
Onion, milk, egg
Products light leather gloves will restore beauty and will not violate the color of the skin. The method is easy to use.
- Cut onions into pieces to make it convenient to hold in your hand. Wipe the product over the entire surface several times.
- Mix milk and egg in the same proportion, beat as for an omelet and apply on gloves. Wait for the liquid to soak. After 15 minutes, wipe with a soft cloth. Use the mixture as an additional product after wiping with onions, or on your own.
Onion juice well removes salting and pollution, degreases. Milk with egg softens the material and gives the skin a glow.
Bread and milk
Crumb crumb (black rye or white wheat), soak in milk until gruel is obtained. Apply to products, after half an hour, remove with a cotton pad or cloth.
Wet a cotton pad with lemon juice and wipe leather gloves.This method is suitable for light shades, as lemon whitens, degreases and removes impurities without harm to the material.
Ammonia and turpentine
- Ammonia degreases, cleans of dirt and stubborn stains. In a bowl, combine a 10% solution of ammonia and water in a ratio of 1: 4, add 2-3 drops of liquid soap. Stir, soak a cotton swab in the solution and wipe the gloves many times, paying attention to contaminated areas.
- Turpentine can be mixed with gasoline in a ratio of 1: 2. Using a sponge or soft-brushed brush, clean and then wipe the accessory with a cloth moistened with warm water. And dry.
It can be used with wine alcohol. It is necessary to mix in equal proportions, wipe the gloves more than once, until the pollution disappears. Then wipe with a dry cloth.
Add purified water (1: 1) to refined gasoline. In the mixture, lower the gloves for 15-20 minutes. We take out, wipe with a clean and dry cloth, dry on a vertical surface. With persistent stains, the procedure can be done twice. Use protective rubber gloves.
Features of cleaning light products
When cleaning products made of fair skin and suede, care must be taken. Among folk methods that do not leave yellow spots, ammonia, egg white, bread crumb, vinegar can be noted. From household chemicals, you need to choose special tools for cleansing light suede and skin.
The best folk cleaning methods for suede gloves
Suede gloves are more demanding to care than leather. To dry them without losing their shape, you need to put on a medical glove, suede on top and carefully remove together. Inflate the rubber glove, tie at the base and dry in this form.
Warm milk and soda
Take a glass of warm milk, add a teaspoon of soda, stir. We moisten the suede with a cotton pad, and then wipe the entire surface. Can be brushed with a soft brush.
Wash in a mild soapy solution
Suede gloves can be washed in a mild soapy solution. We put them on our hands and with soft movements three of each other. Rinse also, changing the water several times until it becomes transparent.
Water and ammonia
Add 50 ml of ammonia to a glass of water, mix. To process with a solution the entire surface. You can drop them into this solution for a short time (1-2 minutes). To get wet with a terry towel, do not twist and do not squeeze out! And to dry.
Vinegar and water
To remove the shiny spots we take a glass of water, add a tablespoon of vinegar, stir. We process glossy areas with a solution. Don't be zealous, just get wet.
Well removes salting. Sprinkle dirty areas, leave for several hours. Rub with a soft brush.
During the procedure, replace dirty cotton pads with clean ones. So cleansing will be more effective.
Household chemicals for cleaning leather and suede gloves
In stores, the range of leather and suede gloves care products is huge.
- Cleaning products. Serve to clean and restore the appearance of leather and suede. Easy to use. Do not require special devices. Shine on the skin.
- Water repellent. Available in aerosol form. Easy to use.
- Cream. With it, you can restore the skin, paint over scuffs, protect, provide shine.
- Wax. Special for leather products. Protects from moisture, dust and dirt.
- Foam for cleaning. Apply to gloves and leave for a while. Remove excess with a sponge.
- Stain remover. The name speaks for itself. Effectively removes stains, even old ones.
- Cleaning wet wipes. Remove small impurities. Add shine.
Useful tips and tricks
- Gloves are stored in cardboard boxes; special cardboard inserts can be used.
- If suede gloves become tight after cleaning, they can be wrapped in a damp towel, held for 1-2 hours, then put on and worn until dry. You can use special nozzles. Not the fastest way, but effective.
- To clean the fur, you can use talcum powder. Pour it in, distribute evenly, leave for 2-3 hours, then shake out.
With proper care, gloves will last for more than one season. For home cleaning, observe proportions and choose acceptable methods.