Often, after visiting friends or hosting guests, wine stains remain on clothing, furniture and carpets. It is not easy to remove them, and many housewives are interested in how to properly remove the wine so that there are no traces.
Modern detergents work wonders. They will make white clothes snow-white, and color more vibrant. But there are spots that they cannot handle. It's about wine stains.
How to wash red wine
All, without exception, housewives face the problem of stains on clothes, especially after new year celebration. Getting rid of pollution is extremely difficult.
If you encounter a similar problem, do not rush to panic. My article will help to solve the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- If the stain is no more than three hours, deal with it acetic acid or a special slurry of water and salt.
- A very effective tool is a solution of potassium permanganate. Moisten a contaminated area with a solution, and then treat with hydrogen peroxide.
- After some time, the stain will become saturated. You can discolor the contamination with fixative salt solution. When the procedure is complete, the problem will disappear. It remains to rinse clothes in warm water.
- If a red stain of wine is found on a white tablecloth, do not rush to raise a panic. "Persol" will correct the situation. Bring the solution to a boil and lower the tablecloth into it. The pollution will disappear almost instantly. It remains to rinse the tablecloth.
- Spaniards use white wine. Then a little mineral water is poured onto the light pollution. All.
- If the stain is dry, glycerin will help in the fight. Mix it with water, wipe the dirt with the solution and stretch the thing.
There are many ways to wash the wine. If there are wine stains on the shirt, do not rush to make a rag out of it. You are able to return the thing to its original appearance.
Get rid of wine on white clothes
Red wine is good for moderate consumption. Sometimes when drinking a wonderful drink, people often spill it on clothes. As a result, unpleasant pollution remains.
Spots are formed from the penetration of pigments into the tissue - anthocyanins, which are responsible for the red color. Remove contaminants that dissolve pigments. Effective ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, citric acid, ethyl alcohol.
You can remove red wine stains from white clothes using available folk remedies.
Fighting Fresh Stains
- If a red spot appears on a white shirt, immediately fill it with warm vodka or white wine.
- The contaminated place is covered with a thick layer of salt in several approaches. Red moisture is absorbed by salt, and sodium compounds will prevent pigments from absorbing into the tissue. It remains to pour boiled water over the treated surface.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the spill, then collect the liquid with a paper towel.
- Domestos. Rinse the clothes thoroughly a few minutes after application to the fabric.
- Ammonia. Moisten a gauze swab in ammonia and wipe the place covered with wine.
Regardless of the methods listed, remember that after application, the clothes must be washed thoroughly. If the fabric allows, use bleach.
More than six hours of pollution. Remove is difficult. What to say about wine stains, up to a year old.
- A concentrated solution of citric acid. Apply the solution to the stained area, rinse with water after a few minutes.
- Domestos. Suitable for durable, resistant to aggressive chemicals, fabric.
- If you remember a school chemistry course, use sodium salts. Moisten a spot stained with wine, sprinkle with sodium hydrogen sulfate, and after a while, remove the powder with hydrogen peroxide. Then wash the fabric with a solution of vinegar.
- An ancient remedy was told by grandmother. Mix the chicken yolk with glycerin in equal proportions and apply the mixture to the stain. After 30 minutes, rinse the fabric with water and wash in powder.
If folk remedies are not at hand, go to the store and buy a stain remover.
Wine on jeans
Sometimes during a noisy feast, outdoors with friends or in a cafe for a conversation, spots appear on the clothes that are extremely difficult to wash off. Everyone knows berry juice, fat and wine are washed off heavily. The garment that suffers in the first place is jeans.
Stain remover and intensive washing will change the color or deformation of the jeans. I will tell you how to remove wine from jeans without damage.
It is difficult to get rid of wine, because it is almost machine-washable. Action plan:
Do not put off the wine-stained jeans. Otherwise, saving the product on your own will not work and you will have to use dry cleaning services.
- Lemon juice can not be used to remove wine from jeans. In the place of pollution the fabric will lighten. The exception is white and light shades.
- It will remove fresh wine from jeans, time-tested hand wash in warm water, with high-quality washing powder.
We wash the wine off the carpet - 4 techniques
Tipped over a glass of red wine? Dirty carpet? Do not worry! This can happen to anyone. If a burgundy shade of red drink on the carpet doesn't match curtains, I’ll tell you how to wipe wine off the carpet with the help of a kitchen cabinet.
I will give four proven methods.
Method number 1 - table vinegar
The first method involves the use of table vinegar.
- Remove wine from a carpet with a cloth or paper towel. Do not rub strongly; otherwise, pigments will penetrate deep into the product.
- Collect with a napkin from the edge to the center. So pollution will not increase.
- If there are no rags or paper towels, sprinkle a little salt on a dirty place. When salt absorbs wine, collect it with a vacuum cleaner.
- Make a cleaning solution. In a small bowl, pour two cups of heated water, add a tablespoon of vinegar and detergent. Shuffle. With a clean cloth dampened in solution, blot the stain. After using a dry rag. Repeat the procedure several times. Finally, rinse with cold water and dry with a cloth.
Method number 2 - soap and peroxide
If the first method did not work, pay attention to the second method - the use of soap and hydrogen peroxide.
- Make a solution of hydrogen peroxide and regular soap. The amount depends on the size of the pollution. I recommend the resulting mixture immediately put on the carpet in an inconspicuous place. So you make sure that the paint is not damaged.
- With a solution, blot the stained area with a clean rag. I do not recommend rubbing, otherwise the size of the contamination will increase.
- In a bucket of cold water, add a little soap and spray a speck. Better use a spray gun. Then blot again with a clean cloth.
- Blot with warm water. If traces of wine disappear, use a clean rag to remove any soap. Cover the treated area with a clean paper towel and press down with something. After 2 hours, remove the towel and vacuum the carpet.
Method number 3 - baking soda
If hydrogen peroxide was not found, and the vinegar suddenly ended, baking soda will come to the rescue.
- Blot the soiled carpet well with a paper towel or a clean rag. Collect as much wine as possible.
- Pour some water over the dirt.Use only clean rags.
- Pour three parts of water into a small container and add one part of soda. Apply the resulting mixture to the stain and let dry.
- After drying, vacuum the carpet. If there is little contamination left after the procedure, the usual carpet cleaner will handle it.
Method number 4 - salt
- Dilute contamination with white wine or clean water.
- Blot with a damp sponge to remove the top layer of wine and slightly dilute. Do not press the sponge firmly against the carpet. Rubbing is completely prohibited.
- Pour salt onto the place to be treated. When absorbed, add more salt.
- After about 8 hours, collect the salt with a vacuum cleaner. Traces of wine should disappear.
I provided a formidable anti-stain weapon on the carpet. If the methods help, be sure to tell them to your friends.
If the New Year is approaching and you plan a big event at home, it’s better to give up New Year's contests with wine. Otherwise, unpleasant consequences on the carpet can not be avoided.
The described methods always help me out, and in each room there are only clean carpets. I sincerely hope that you will have the same. Good luck and see you soon!