Light shoes look incredibly beautiful, but easily dirty. Even small scratches, tiny spots and dirt are strongly visible on a snow-white surface. To fashion shoes looked attractive, she needs proper care, so let's look at how to clean white sneakers from fabric at home.
The creator of the sneaker has reason to be proud, because his creation is universal and comfortable shoes that most people like, regardless of age. White sneakers are a favorite of fashionistas and women of fashion who appreciate style and convenience in shoes.
How to clean white sneakers folk remedies
During wear, the surface of snow-white sneakers is covered with light spots that adversely affect attractiveness and aesthetics. If such contaminants are ignored, the situation will worsen over time and it will be impossible to cope with stains without complex and lengthy cleaning. Therefore, regular and timely grooming is the key to success.
An important role in this matter is played by the choice of cleaning products. It is imperative that it is not overly aggressive and does not leave stains. The market for purchased chemicals is rich, but time-tested folk remedies are good.
- Whitening toothpaste is the easiest option. It removes dirt from fabrics and rubber inserts well. Apply a little to an old toothbrush and treat the dirt. Then rinse repeatedly with water.
- A cocktail of one part of hydrogen peroxide mixed with one part of water and two parts of soda. Spread the mixture over the surface of the sneaker and rub it with a toothbrush. Wait for it to dry and remove the remaining soda with a shoe brush.
- To eliminate stubborn stains, a mixture of 3 parts shampoo, 2 parts vinegar and part citric acid is ideal. Put the product on the shoes for 20 minutes and wash the sneakers with a brush under running water.
- It is harder to fight with traces of grass and stains left by dyes. This problem is easily solved with the help of a product consisting of equal amounts of soda and citric acid and a small amount of water. Put the gruel on the sneakers for a third of an hour, then wash the shoes.
If contamination demonstrates resistance to the effects of the considered means, do not panic, purchased chemistry will come to the rescue. With patience and savvy, be sure to find a solution to the problem.
Purchased cleaning cloth sneakers
Washing powder is a universal cleaner. To care for white sneakers at home, it is used in the form of liquid slurry, after adding a little water. A similar effect is provided by liquid soap. However, in the most advanced cases only bleaches help.
Chlorine bleaches cope with any dirt and affordable, but suitable only for sneakers with a cotton or linen top. After combining with other substances, chlorine becomes aggressive towards textiles. If you have sneakers from a different fabric, do not use "White", otherwise spoil the element of street fashion.
Oxygen have a more delicate effect on the fabric and are not inferior to chlorine in terms of effectiveness.This is the merit of hydrogen peroxide and the additives that are part of the composition. Before using Persol, ACE Oxi Magic or Astonish OXY PLUS, carefully read the instructions. Pay special attention to the precautions indicated on the bottle, because purchased chemicals pose a potential health hazard.
Oxygen bleaches are highly effective, smell good and do not cause allergies. This is due to the high cost of such products.
How to clean the sole of a sneaker
The sole of the sneaker becomes dirty and stained faster than the fabric upper. The fault is constant contact with various surfaces. Even if the shoes have slightly lost their former attractiveness, this is not a reason for despair, because there are many ways to clean the soles using improvised tools.
- Washing powder. Pour warm water into the basin, add half a glass of powder and stir until dissolved. Lower the sole into the solution for half an hour, then walk along the surface with a brush. Finally, rinse your shoes with water and send them to dry.
- Soda. Pour a spoonful of soda onto a wet piece of cloth. Wipe the sole with a cloth and rinse with water. This product is not suitable for cleaning colored rags, as soda provides a whitening effect and leaves light spots.
- Vinegar. Pour a glass of heated water into a bowl, pour two tablespoons of vinegar and mix. In the resulting solution, moisten a cloth and wipe the sole.
- Laundry soap. This tool easily launders the sole of the sneaker. Rub the brush thoroughly with soap and rub the surface of the sole. Repeat the procedure if necessary. To increase efficiency, make a cleaning solution of grated soap and warm water. Lower the soles into the composition for half an hour and rinse.
- Starch and milk. From these ingredients, make a paste, mixing in the same proportions. Apply the resulting composition to the sole and rub lightly with a brush, then rinse with water.
- Toothpaste. To clean the sole, apply the product on the toothbrush and clean the surface. In the case of uneven terrain, dirt eats up more, so cleaning will require more time and effort.
- Bleach. In a bowl of water, add a little bleaching agent and lower the sole into the solution for an hour. During this time, it will become clean and snow-white. If you have liquid bleach, do not dilute in water, but treat the sole and lightly wipe.
- Lemon. Lemon has high acidity, so it can easily cope with the removal of dirt. Cut the fruit in half, squeeze the juice, moisten a piece of cloth in it and walk along the contaminated surface.
- Acetone. Incredibly effective and easy to clean, but in some cases aggressive towards the sole. In order not to spoil the product, determine the reaction of the material to the cleaner before use. Wipe the sole from the inside with a cotton moistened with acetone. If the product is not damaged, proceed with the procedure.
- Petroleum jelly. It’s hard to believe, but this moisturizer is also suitable for cleaning the soles of sneakers. Apply a little Vaseline to the surface and rub it with a brush. The main thing is that the product does not get on the fabric.
- Eraser. This stationery works well with black stripes on the sole. Rub the contaminated area with a rubber band. If the surface becomes dull, remove the defect with a clear shoe polish.
If the listed funds are not at hand, use a method that involves the use of nail files. Using a manicure tool, carefully remove a thin layer of rubber. The main thing is that after grinding, deep soles do not remain on the sole.
Features of cleaning suede and leather sneakers
Good shoes are an ideal investment in a wardrobe. Properly selected sneakers, provided with proper care, serve the owner for many years, emphasizing his style. In this part of the article, we’ll talk about caring for suede and leather sneakers.
A variety of dyes, cleaning products, and suede shoe brushes are sold in stores. I do not recommend saving on the purchase of funds for the care of expensive shoes, but it is not worth writing off alternative folk remedies, because they are affordable and no less effective.
- Vinegar. Acetic impregnation makes the color of the sneaker more saturated and well masks stains that could not be removed. Moisten a sponge in the liquid and treat the surface of the sneaker. Dry your shoes outdoors, then beat the material with a special brush.
- Steam. Steaming is good at cleaning light suede sneakers. Boil water. Place a grate over the container, place contaminated shoes on top for 5 minutes. Then walk along the surface with a rubber brush.
- Wet cleaning. Not suitable for cheap suede shoes. If while stroking the sneaker on the hands there are fibers, it is better to use another method. Make a solution of 50 grams of laundry soap and 3 liters of heated water. Lower the sneakers into the composition for 10 seconds, then treat with a soft brush and rinse.
- White suede. If you have white suede sneakers, a solution consisting of 20 g of soda, 10 ml of ammonia and a stack of milk will help to eliminate pollution, tone the shoes and bleach the material. With this compound, treat the surface of the sneaker and leave it for 3 hours. Process dry material with vinegar and clean with a special brush.
To return to their original appearance with suede sneakers, it is not necessary to buy industrial equipment. Funds from the people are not inferior to powders and gels in terms of effectiveness.
Shoe leather sneakers
Leather products look elegant and stylish in combination with jeansbut not protected from contamination. For home cleaning leather sneakers special cream and polishing are enough. The main thing is that the color of the product matches the shade of the shoe.
If we talk about white leather sneakers, everything is more complicated here, because on a white background even tiny pollution is noticeable, which makes the appearance of the shoe sloppy. What to say about the ingestion of dyes? You can’t do without thorough cleaning.
- Do not wait for heavy contamination and periodically wipe the shoes with a swab dipped in soapy water. Use only boiled water for cleaning. When boiling, minerals will settle to the bottom and will not fall on shoes. It is impossible to remove them from the delicate pores of the skin.
- Use a solution of milk and potato starch to clean a heavily soiled product. Mix these products in equal amounts. Put the mixture on a sneaker with a napkin and wait for it to dry, then shake off the starch residue.
- In the fight against stubborn stains, baking powder will help. Coat the contaminated area with a thin layer of powder and moisten slightly to trigger a chemical reaction. As a result, the stain will dissolve.
The best tool for cleaning white leather sneakers is a special cream that is applied after removing dirt and dust. Thanks to coloring substances, it hides stains and protects from water and dirt.
In the end, I will share the assembly of useful tips that will help return the sneakers to their original appearance and minimize the likelihood of damage to the product. Be sure to follow these recommendations, because even when using, at first glance, a completely safe tool, the risk of spoiling fashionable sneakers is great.
- Before using this or that remedy, be sure to conduct a test on a piece of shoes that is hardly noticeable. This will help to know the reaction of the material to the used cleaner.
- Apply liquid cleaners and solutions to the surface with a white cloth. If the fabric is colored, the cleaner can dissolve the paint that stays on the shoe.
- To get a guaranteed result, use an old toothbrush instead of a rag. The villi easily penetrate into the recesses and well clean hard-to-reach places.
- Do not try all your favorite remedies on your favorite sneakers. If self-cleaning failed, take the shoes to dry cleaning. The people working there know how to handle different types of fabric shoes and how to safely remove dirt.
- Do not use kerosene, gasoline, or other oily formulations for washing white sneakers. Often the result of their use does not live up to expectations and instead of whiteness, more noticeable or indelible pollution appears on the surface.
- If using purchased chemistry, read the label carefully. Some products are applied to the product, while others require dilution with water. Follow the instructions steadily.
- After cleaning, rinse the white sneakers thoroughly and repeatedly in plenty of water. If a cleaning agent remains in the fabric, stains will appear on the shoe after drying.
- Do not dry the washed shoes in the sun. Under the influence of ultraviolet rays, sneakers will dry faster, but turn yellow. Also, a heater or a hot radiator is not suitable for drying. Drying under such conditions is fraught with deformation of the product.
There are many ways to restore a sneaker, and not all of them are expensive for money. If you do not want to part with your favorite shoes, be patient and, with a little effort, easily remove any pollution at home.