White sneakers and sneakers are a constant fashion trend. New white shoes attract the eyes of others, but in urban areas after a few weeks the color loses its former attractiveness, covered with a layer of dirt and dust. Keeping such shoes in its original form is not an easy task, but there are proven ways to help clean white sneakers without time and money.
- Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from aggressive cleaning products.
- Before applying the product on the surface of the shoe, conduct a test test in a small area to avoid damage to your favorite pair of sneakers.
- Do not use chemicals used for bleaching plumbing to clean sneakers. It is too aggressive, and often contains chlorine, which is detrimental to any material.
- To avoid deformation of the product, after cleaning, wait until it dries on its own, without the use of heaters. Even in the sun, shoes should not be left.
We clean white sneakers from fabric folk remedies
The 21st century has brought many new products that simplify life. However, many housewives resort to the help of time-tested old recipes. This is largely due to their effectiveness and availability: the methods have been tested by generations, and the most affordable products are used for their implementation. To return white sneakers or sneakers pristine cleanliness, you need to run to the nearest supermarket and pharmacy.
Soda and hydrogen peroxide
Soda and hydrogen peroxide will become a magic wand for owners of white fabric shoes. Conventional products in combination are becoming effective in combating hateful dirt.
For work you will need:
- Hydrogen peroxide - 0.5 tbsp. l
- Baking soda - 1 tbsp. l
- Water - 0.5 tbsp. l
The ingredients are mixed in a bowl until a homogeneous slurry is formed, which is evenly applied to the stains in 1 layer. Leave the mixture on the sneakers for 1 minute and treat it with an old toothbrush: do not apply much effort, this is the first cleaning step that will remove the main dirt from the surface.
For perfect whiteness, the mixture is applied in 2 layers already on the entire outer surface of the shoe. As such, leave the sneakers in the sun for at least 3 hours. Hydrogen peroxide with soda will react under the influence of light. When the mixture is completely dry and cracked, it is enough to remove it with a dry brush. The whiteness will be dazzling.
If the mixture remains in the bowl, put the laces in it to bleach this part.
Toothpaste can be found in any home. In addition to its direct use, the paste copes with pollution black and gray shades. For cleaning, get a special toothbrush - soft, with a short, even pile. Apply a paste to the dirt, and rub the stain with a toothbrush. Remove residues with a damp sponge.
Lemon is a recognized whitening tool. In a lower concentration, lemon juice is used even for facial skin. In addition, the method has a pleasant smell - citrus freshness will remain after cleaning.
For the recipe you will need:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l
- Water - 2 tbsp. l
Mix the ingredients and apply to the stain with a napkin, gently wipe the cloth. This will help get rid of old spotsthat have not been rubbed in other ways.
Shoe white sneakers household cleaning
Household chemicals - a great helper in maintaining cleanliness in the house and in the wardrobe.
The inhabitant of the cosmetic shelf of a modern girl will remove not only makeup from her face, but also stains from white shoes. Using a cotton pad, distribute water over the stain and rub. The method will not cope with “difficult” spots, but fresh contamination of micellar water is on the shoulder.
Use a brush to draw enough soap and rub the sneakers. Rinse off the remaining foam thoroughly with clean water.
Household bleach and stain remover marked “Oxi”
Means act delicately without damaging the fibers of the fabric. Generally sold in powder form. Using the instructions on the package, dilute the product in the required amount of water and apply for 15-20 minutes on the outer surface. Wash off the chemistry after that.
If the stains are strong or old, make a less concentrated solution and place sneakers in it for 3-4 hours. After this, stains are easier to remove with the usual dosage of washing powder.
How to clean the sole of a sneaker
The sole is the most difficult place to clean, and it is subject to the greatest number of tests. The dirtiest work falls to the share of the sole, therefore, special attention is paid to this zone. Otherwise, all efforts to create an impeccable image will become futile.
- The eraser with which schoolchildren remove blots in notebooks perfectly wipes dirt. To remove stains from the sole, rub the contaminated area with a wipe.
- Melamine sponges - guests of shelves in hardware stores, perfectly clean the sole to its original color.
- If the sole turns yellow over time, bring back the former whiteness inexpensive nail polish remover will help. Put the product on a cotton pad and rub the problem areas properly. Depending on the initial condition of the sole, several sessions may be necessary.
- Toothpaste will cope not only with the surface of fabric sneakers, but also with the sole. Using a toothbrush, spread it over the surface and rub it. After the procedure, rinse the sole under running water.
How to clean suede and leather sneakers
Branded sneakers made of leather and suede are an expensive thing that requires careful care. If you chose the white color of shoes, the hassle will only increase. However, if cleaned competently, it will not take much time and effort, and the shoes will please you for many years of excellent service.
Before wearing, it is recommended to treat the skin with wax, and nubuck and suede with a protective spray. Such a simple technique will create a protective barrier on the fabric, preventing the penetration of dirt. This procedure is recommended after each wet cleaning of the product.
For white suede, special care tools are sold. Short-bristle rubber brushes do a great job with cleaning products and leveling shallow scratches.
White leather sneakers, which need daily cleaning, cream polishing and conditioning, cause more problems. If you plan to race in places where there is no asphalt - it is better to choose products from a different color.
- Before detailed stains are cleaned, undo the sneakers and remove the largest contaminants with a solution of soapy water.
- If you had to walk in white sneakers through the mud, wait for it to dry completely, and then clean it off.
- So that the sole does not get dirty, cover it with colorless nail polish. Several layers of varnish will protect this zone from damage.
- If the smell of shoes bothers you, use a natural flavor: orange peels placed inside perfectly deodorize.
- To dry the sneakers, place them inside the newspaper so that they retain their shape and the paper absorbs the rest of the moisture.
Following these simple tips, it will be possible to maintain the snowy whiteness of the sneakers at home. Small efforts are worth admiring glances directed at your shoes. Remember: clean at least once a week, this will protect from old stains, which are much more difficult to clean than fresh ones.