On your favorite leather bag, pollution appears quite often, because the constant wearing of an accessory leads to a change in appearance. Spots on the outside and lining spoil the impression of a once beautiful thing. Refreshing a wardrobe item will help cleaning at home with folk remedies that remove dirt and stains no worse than dry cleaning.
A gentle hand wash will clean and protect the bag from possible damage.
- Leather manufacturers do not recommend using a washing machine.
- Do not soak and allow constant exposure to water. Genuine leather may sit and cracks or creases will appear on the outside.
- Spoil accessory products containing acetone.
After cleaning, the product is dried at room temperature.
Cleaning a white leather bag from dirt and stains
The less time has passed since the spot appeared, the easier it is to clean it.
Fresh Spot Remedies
- Hydrogen peroxide solution. A cotton pad dipped in hydrogen peroxide wipes off traces of makeup. Lipstick, pencil, eye shadow and traces of foundation can be removed in 15 minutes. Instead of cotton pads, you can use cotton.
- Office gum. Only the white side of the eraser is suitable for cleaning the bag, otherwise traces will remain. Cleans strips from a ballpoint pen and greasy fingerprints.
- Wet wipes. Ordinary wet wipes or with antibacterial effect will cope with fresh traces of paint or ink.
Using these methods, you can clean products made of smooth white leather, as well as bags with varnish. To remove stains and dirt from the lining, the same products are suitable as for the skin.
At home, non-aggressive agents are used that do not have an active effect on the skin.
- Soap. A solution of laundry soap effectively removes dirt from bags. For cooking, grate 30 g of soap and mix with 50 ml of warm water. To prevent the accessory from cracking, apply a drop of moisturizer. Moisten the lining with water before cleaning. After the procedure, dry at room temperature.
- Toothpaste. It is better to use a whitening toothpaste, because the particles contained in the composition penetrate the skin and dissolve the impurities from the inside. The paste is applied to the stain and left for a day. Then wash off with water.
- Cow's milk. Milk with a fat content of 3.2% is a cleanser for the skin. Heat the milk to 40 ° C, then apply with a cloth or cotton wool.
Minimal care is to regularly wipe the bag with a damp cloth and then dry.
The stores sell a large selection of skin care products. These are aerosols, wipes, and other products that will update the product and eliminate pollution.
In addition to specialized household chemicals, for cleaning the bag is suitable:
- Window cleaning spray. A cotton pad soaked in the composition effectively removes dirt on white or light skin. After use, wipe the bag with a damp cloth.
- Melamine sponge. Modern household chemicals can even cope with long-standing stains. Moisten the sponge with water before applying. After a few movements, the bag will become like new.
To extend the life of the product, water-repellent aerosols are used. Such products are suitable for protecting genuine leather, jackets and shoes at the same time.
Quick and efficient cleaning of bags in different colors
Light and beige leather bags are easily cleaned with makeup remover milk. It is enough to apply milk on a cotton pad and rub the problem area.
Darker, brown and black products coffee grounds. First, the surface is moistened with a soft cloth, and then rubbed with a brush with thickening. When the bag is completely dry, process it again, but without coffee.
Coffee beans absorb odors well. If you leave a few grains in the bag for 24 hours, unpleasant odors will disappear.
- Carefully read the conditions of storage and use of leather products. Most of them should not be worn at temperatures above +25 ° C and below -15 ° C.
- To choose funds for different skin types, you need to carefully.
- A convenient sealed cosmetic bag or plastic container will help keep the lining clean.
- Cosmetics do not flow if you put a cool plastic bottle in your bag.
- If no home advice and household chemicals can not cope with the stains, you need to contact dry cleaning.
Regular cleaning of the bag inside and out will help maintain its original appearance, and the use of home cleaning methods and professional skin care products will extend the service life of the accessory for several years.