The Arctic fox is impractical and short-lived furs, but it is able to retain heat for a long time due to the long and dense pile. During wear, yellowish spots appear on the coat. You can restore the product to its original appearance using special cleaning.
Compliance with safety rules and precautions
To clean the fox fur at home, you must carefully, observing safety rules.
- Use cleansers in the recommended amount.
- Wear gloves when handling chemical components.
- Shake and comb the product away from heaters or fans. If you are intolerant to the components that make up cleaning products, wear a gauze bandage on your face.
- Work with the window open.
To prevent deformation, streaks and the effect of smooth fur, follow the rules of care.
- Keep the fur coat in a closet or dressing room after drying.
- Do not use synthetic rags or dirty wipes (discs) for cleaning.
- Dissolve the product in purified water.
- Clean your fur on a flat surface.
The reasons for the appearance of yellowness on the Arctic fox
After 2-3 seasons, a yellow tint appears on the fox. There are several reasons:
- Violations of the rules of drying.
- Incorrect processing of the fur.
- Prolonged exposure to wet snow or rain.
It is noted that the fur may change color when stored in a poorly ventilated cabinet or under a film.
Popular folk remedies
For cleaning, vinegar 6% diluted with water (1: 3 ratio) is suitable.
- Moisten a cotton pad.
- Wring out.
- Lightly, sweep 3-4 times over the spots.
To remove the smell, take the coat to the balcony.
To remove stains is allowed with soap:
- Without perfumes.
- White color.
- No additional components in the composition.
- Grate a piece of soap (12-15 grams) on a grater.
- Dilute in 500 milliliters of warm water.
- Take a sponge and moisten it in a solution.
- Rub with a sponge on problem areas, foam.
- After 4-5 minutes use a dry cloth to remove any residue.
Glycerin and alcohol
Glycerin and alcohol are used to remove stains. Cleaning is carried out according to the scheme:
- The cotton pad is wetted in glycerin.
- Handled pollution.
- The second disk is also wetted in alcohol.
- The same stain is wiped. Rub the fur with alcohol until the glycerin has dried.
A solution with hydrogen peroxide is able to rid the fur coat of a yellow tint and other spots.
- Mix 20 ml of hydrogen peroxide and alcohol.
- Add them to 300 ml of water.
- Pour liquid into the spray bottle.
- Spray at a distance of 40 centimeters from the surface.
- At the end of the procedure, comb the pile with a wet brush.
Quickly eliminates small stains of street dirt.
- Pour starch onto the stain.
- Sprinkle with clear water from above.
- Rub with a napkin 4-5 times.
- Shake off the fur coat.
- To give shine, comb the fur with a wooden brush.
To clean the product will help a solution that consists of:
- Ammonia - 5 ml.
- Shampoo - 5 ml.
- Water - 500 ml.
Mix alcohol and shampoo and pour into warm water. Sponge soaked in the product to treat the problem area. Then dry with a clean cloth.
Strong spots will save bran.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put bran on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- After 5 minutes, remove and pour them into the contaminated area.
- Rub and shake the contaminated wardrobe item.
- If particles of bran remain on the fox, remove them with a brush.
Other home remedies
|Required Components||Required quantity||Procedure|
|Petrol||Dilute 10 milliliters in 0.5 liters of water.|| |
|Semolina||10-15 grams|| |
|Salt and alcohol||Dilute 10 grams of salt and 3 grams of alcohol in 500 ml of water.|| |
|Dry sand (marine)||15-20 grams|| |
|Sawdust||10 grams|| |
If the first time it was not possible to eliminate the stains, any of the procedures can be repeated.
Dry way to clean the fur
For the dry process, you need fragrance-free talcum powder.
- The fur coat is laid out on the table.
- Talc is poured in a layer on the site.
- With a dry sponge, the product is rubbed into the stain.
- After 15 minutes, the product is shaken.
- If talcum powder has remained on the pile, use a stiff brush or a hairdryer in cold blowing mode.
Specialized household chemicals - examples and instructions
The stores have an assortment of household chemicals designed to clean fox fur. The best are:
- "INSAF". Instructions: the aerosol is sprayed at a distance of 20 centimeters from the fur coat, the fur is rubbed with a cotton rag, combed.
- "Biofur". Instruction: the foam is applied to the stain, rubbed, after 4 minutes it is removed with a damp cloth (included).
- "LIVAL LICKER KONZ". Instructions: the spray is sprayed onto the fur from a distance of 45 centimeters, after 5 minutes the fur coat is shaken and combed.
How to clean the lining and collar
To clean the arctic fox collars:
- Remove collar and shake.
- Lay out on the table.
- Pour semolina onto problem areas.
- Rub with a damp disc.
- After 15 minutes, shake and brush.
- Leave the product on a horizontal surface until dry.
Two lining cleaning options are preferred:
Option number 1. On the product
- Turn the fur coat inside out.
- In a soapy solution (5 ml of shampoo is diluted in 0.5 liters of water) moisten the sponge.
- Handle the lining.
- Swipe the cloth with a wet cloth.
- Leave to dry.
Option number 2. Fight Back Lining
- Take her off.
- Wash by hand in soapy water.
Rules for cleansing the bright fox
It is necessary to clean the light fur carefully so that there are no stains.
- Do not clean with aggressive substances, such as ammonia.
- First process the inconspicuous part of the fur.
- Use purified water and white wipes.
To eliminate spots from the white fox, two reliable means are used:
Option number 1. Shampoo solution
- Dilute 5 ml of shampoo in 400 ml of water.
- Dampen a sponge in the solution.
- Rub the stain.
- Get wet with a napkin.
Option number 2. Soda with vodka
- 3 g of soda and 10 ml of vodka are mixed.
- A cotton swab dipped in the solution wipes the stain.
- After 5 minutes, the treated area is blotted with a damp cloth.
Key rules for caring for fox products
Arctic fox fur will last a long time, if properly looked after.
- Arriving home, shock the fur coat.
- Provide air circulation in the cabinet.
- Every 3-5 days comb the fur with a special brush.
- Scan the product for stains.
- Remove contamination as soon as it is detected.
- Do not blow dry the fur coat or with a fan and heater.
Do not go out in a fur coat in wet weather. Arctic fox is an animal that loves snow and frost.
The product from the Arctic fox will retain a presentable appearance, if you follow a number of tips.
- Do not wash the collar, lining, or coat in the washing machine.
- After the end of the sock season, treat the fur with glycerin solution.
- Dry horizontally in the fresh air.
- In the closet or dressing room, put the moth remedy.
- Before buying household chemicals, study the composition so that there are no coloring components.
- Do not hang bright things near the arctic fox coat so that the fur does not become colored.
Follow the care recommendations, this will help keep the product in perfect condition for a long time. Check fur and lining regularly for stains. If detected, use one of the methods to remove contaminants.