Every girl should know how to brush her coat at home. This garment is considered the most vulnerable to dirt. The classic coat is fashionable, modern, interesting. It will decorate any image, make it more harmonious. A variety of styles and colors makes it easy to choose the most preferred option.
The question is, how to clean the coat? How to do it on your own, because going to dry cleaning is an expensive pleasure. In the article I will tell you how and what needs to be done to return the attractive appearance of the coat.
In order not to spoil the coat, you should adhere to safety measures and safety precautions. This will ensure the durability of the product.
- If you are unsure of the cleaning agent, try it on a small, inconspicuous area of material.
- The use of aggressive chemicals is not recommended - they can spoil the fabric, and harm the skin of the hands.
- Wash and dry the coat in the dryer is not recommended.
- The washing temperature should not exceed 30 degrees.
Folk remedies and special chemistry for different materials
The cleaning of the coat depends on the material from which it is made. When washing, do not twist the product if it is made of natural materials.
Drap - a woolen fabric, dense, heavy, wrinkled. The advantages include resistance to burnout, molting. The fabric is afraid of hot water, as it consists of natural wool, so it is recommended to use dry methods.
- The dust is removed with a rough brush, moving in the direction of the pile.
- An available method of combating dust is brown bread. Spread the coat on a flat surface. Crumble the crumb of bread onto the fabric. Roll the crumbs gently with your hand, forming balls. Brush away the rest from the coat using a brush.
- Stains can be removed without washing. A detergent that is diluted in water will help. The liquid is applied to the contamination, and after 5-10 minutes it is treated with a wet washcloth.
- In case of serious contamination, washing is allowed, but only in water with a temperature not exceeding 30 degrees and manually.
You need to dry the draped coat correctly. Hang the item on a coat hanger in a ventilated room. Do not remove until completely dry.
Tweed is a short-pile wool fabric with high elasticity. Its advantage is resistance to pollution, durability of a sock. A coat of such fabric does not crease. Cleaning is recommended in accordance with the following rules.
- A vacuum cleaner will help get rid of dust.
- To eliminate the stain, it must be dried and brushed away. In most cases, this is enough.
- Stubborn stains can be removed with soapy water, which is applied to the dirt. Then, remove dirt with a brush and comb the material.
- In case of serious contamination, you can wash the product manually in warm water up to 30 degrees.
Dry the tweed thing horizontally. Coats are placed between two towels to avoid deformation. Ironing is done from the wrong side of the material through a damp cloth.
Wool is the general name for animal fluff that requires some care. If you can’t determine which animal’s hair is made of, carry out a test on a small and inconspicuous area. If everything is in order, you can use the tips for cleaning the coat.
- Use dust tape or a dry soft brush to remove dust.
- A piece of cotton wool soaked in black tea will help restore the shine of the dark fabric.
- Ammonia and salt mixed in a ratio of 1: 4 will help to remove jammed places on the collar or sleeves.
- Cleaning should be carried out from the edges to the central part, eliminating the appearance of stains.
- Greasy stains are removed from the inside with a piece of cotton wool soaked in gasoline. Clean cloth is applied outside. In conclusion, the place is wiped with a damp cloth.
- Vinegar and alcohol, mixed in equal parts, will help eliminate alcohol stains.
- A solution prepared from 100 ml of warm water, ammonia and liquid soap, taken in one spoon, will eliminate stains of unknown origin.
- If necessary, the washing is carried out in water with a temperature of up to 30 degrees, manually.
Woolen coats are dried between towels. Outerwear made of natural material can be dried on the shoulders, but if there is a chance of stretching under the influence of weight, taking risks is not recommended.
Cashmere - the material is soft and delicate to the touch. It is made by combing the undercoat of a special breed of goat. The fabric is susceptible to external influences, so you must follow the recommendations for wearing and cleaning.
- Dirt is removed with a damp cloth.
- Greasy spots are treated with refined gasoline, and talcum powder is added to the top. After drying, dirty talcum powder is enough to brush away. If necessary, the procedure is repeated several times.
- Sweat stains can be removed with a cotton pad soaked in soapy water. Then treat with ammonia solution. Finally, wipe the cloth with a damp cloth.
- Stains of unknown origin can be removed using a solution of ammonia and glycerol, mixed in equal proportions. Residues are removed with a damp cloth.
- Washing is allowed only in delicate mode at temperatures up to 30 degrees, using liquid detergent. Spin, twisting - are unacceptable. Remember, in some cases, cashmere cannot be washed. This is written on the label.
Drying is carried out on a horizontal surface. The bulk of the water must be gently squeezed out without twisting the coat. A towel is placed under the product. There should be no heaters or direct sunlight in the vicinity. Ironing is allowed only with steam.
Leather is a material of high flexibility and strength, demanded due to durability and versatility. The item of leather outerwear is comfortable to wear, modern and resistant to pollution. If you still need cleaning, you can use the following recommendations:
- Wet rags are the best remedy for dirt.
- A solution of two tablespoons of ammonia and liquid soap, mixed in a glass of water, will help get rid of plaque and light impurities. The remainder of the solution is cleaned with a damp cloth.
- To cope with greasy places will help alcohol, lemon juice and glycerin, which successively wipe the contaminated area.
- Vinegar will help get rid of traces of salt. It will restore the skin shine.
- Soaking a leather coat in water is not recommended. Turning inside out, only the lining is soaped.
- Use a small volume of water or a damp cloth to remove the detergent.
Drying is carried out in limbo. To prevent the product from stretching, it is not recommended to wear it until it dries completely.
Suede is a velvety and soft natural material, quite durable, easy to care for. The cleaning recommendations are as follows:
- Ammonia will help get rid of dust. You need to clean in the direction of the pile.
- You can remove greasy stains with this solution: mix a spoonful of soda with 100 ml of milk. Apply to a contaminated area for 2-3 minutes and remove with a suede brush.
- Starch will help in the fight against oily stains. They are sprinkled with problem areas, and brushed away after 2-3 hours.
- Stains are removed with an eraser or a crust of bread.
- To get rid of creases, hold a coat over steam. Then hang on a coat hanger or lay on a horizontal surface.
- It is impossible to soak and twist the material. It is allowed to rinse in soapy water, with a temperature of up to 30 degrees.
- Such a solution will cope with roughening: add half a tablespoon of glycerin to a liter of water.
Drying is carried out horizontally. First you need to wipe the material with a towel, and then wait for it to dry completely. Can be ironed inside out in delicate mode.
Features of cleaning coats of different colors
Depending on the color scheme, different cleaning methods may be required. The most difficult to clean is a light coat, especially white.
A snow-white coat is better to be dry cleaned. There is a high probability of harming the appearance of self-cleaning with folk methods.
If home cleaning is required, it should be understood that selectively removing stains will not work. This will lead to stains on the material. After cleaning the stains, the coat is rinsed in cool water and dried.
Black color and others
The coat of black and other dark colors does not need special methods. It is enough to adhere to the recommendations depending on the material. Selective stain removal is allowed.
Coat of light colors, cleaned like a white leather product. After cleaning, rinse the product in cool water. This will be a guarantee against divorce.
Adhering to useful tips, you can achieve high-quality cleaning.
- Remove all pockets before cleaning.
- It is recommended to shake the coat before cleaning.
- Check for contamination in bright light.
- You can get rid of debris and dust with a brush.
- A snow-white coat is better attributed to dry cleaning.
- In the presence of serious contamination, the best solution is to entrust the work to professionals.
Coat - a product that needs timely, quality care. Follow the recommendations for the specific material and color. This will guarantee longevity in the sock, and the safety of the attractive appearance of outerwear.