Down jackets are comfortable, practical clothing, but even with careful wear, spots can appear. Incorrect washing or inept removal of contaminants contribute to the appearance of stains, rolling down and loss of shape. There are several options for safe cleaning at home. Acquainted with them, it will be possible to easily remove difficult and old stains.
Preparation and Precautions
Start cleaning a down jacket or down jacket with preparatory measures. Otherwise, the product will be deformed, stains will remain. Preparatory stage:
- Unfolding things on a horizontal surface.
- Buttoning of lightnings, buttons and buttons.
- Checking pockets for trifles, pieces of paper and other things. If detected, they must be removed.
- A thorough inspection and visual assessment of spot sizes.
- Take a brush or sponge.
- Sit in the most lighted place.
When removing stains, do not forget about safety precautions.
- Wear rubber gloves.
- Test stain remover. Apply a few drops of the component to the wrong side of the fabric and observe the reaction. Normally, color changes and the appearance of stains should not be.
- Examine the label.
To prevent household damage, send them out for a walk before cleaning.
Effective folk methods without washing and streaks
There are folk ways to clean the down jacket without washing. The methods are effective if everything is done according to the rules:
- We take components in strict proportions;
- Rub the products with clean cotton pads or sponges;
- Rinse after a while.
Violation of the rules can lead to an increase in the problem, which will negatively affect the appearance of the product.
Vinegar and salt
The fight against stains with vinegar and salt is considered a simple and effective way. This requires:
- Take warm water in an amount of 500 milliliters.
- Add salt and vinegar to it 9% (10 grams each), mix.
- In solution, moisten a cotton pad and apply to the stain.
After 20 minutes, rinse off the residue with a clean cloth dampened with water.
Detergents for dishes are suitable for removing greasy stains.
- Prepare 400 ml of water at a temperature of 40-50 degrees.
- Add 10 ml dishwashing liquid to it.
- Dip a clean cloth into the liquid.
- After 2 seconds, remove, squeeze slightly, put on the problem area.
- Rub the soap foam with rubbing movements.
After 10-15 minutes, the residue is removed with a damp cloth.
If engine oil stains are present, it is recommended to use refined gasoline. It quickly removes pollution, and does not leave stains even on bright things.
Apply it strictly according to the rules:
- Put 3-4 drops of gasoline on a damp sponge.
- Rub the stain.
- Clean with a clean cloth dampened in water.
To eliminate the smell of gasoline, dampen the treated area of the down jacket with a damp cloth.
Liquid detergent and ammonia
A solution of liquid detergent and ammonia will help remove old and large-scale stains.
- Mix 5 ml of liquid ammonia with a liquid detergent.
- Add them to 100 ml of water.
- Apply the component to the stain and rub with a brush.
Residue foam with a damp sponge after 3 - 5 minutes.
Starch and other products
Minor stains can be removed with starch.
- Pour 5 g of starch with 20 ml of water.
- Mix. Put the mixture on the contaminated area.
- After 5 minutes, remove the remaining substance with a damp sponge.
If there are many spots, the amount of starch and water is increased.
There are other options for removing stains from down jackets, for example:
- Rubbing shampoo diluted with water (1: 1 ratio).
- Putting a cotton pad soaked in milk.
- Drawing crushed chalk on the problem area.
Regardless of the option, the remnants of the funds are thoroughly cleaned from the surface of the down jacket with a clean, damp sponge or cloth.
Specialized household chemicals
The market offers an assortment of special household chemicals for removing stains from down jackets and down jackets.
Most popular stain remover options
|"Dr. Beckmann »||5 ml||The scooter is taken, and rubbed into the stain for 30 seconds.||Convenient ball applicator that glides easily over the fabric.|
|"Vanish"||8 ml||Apply to contaminated area and rub for one minute.||There is a lid into which the right amount of stain remover is poured.|
|Heitmann||15 ml||It is bred in warm water, and then handwashed.||There is a measuring cap to accurately measure the amount of fluid.|
Use the product strictly according to the instructions.
How to wash a down jacket in a washing machine
When washing a down jacket in a washing machine, it is important to be careful and be careful. To prevent deformation of the product, proceed as follows.
- Check that zippers, buttons and buttons are fastened.
- Set the mode: Delicate Wash.
- Put some tennis balls in the reel of the machine.
- Put the washing capsules.
Experts say that tennis balls prevent the formation of lumps from rolling down and reduce the risk of spoiling the thing by 2.5-3 times.
Machine washable if indicated on the label. Otherwise, you can ruin the thing.
How to dry a down jacket
Incorrect drying of the down jacket can cause irreversible effects:
- Education divorce.
- Rolling down.
To prevent damage, it is recommended:
- Hang a down jacket on a coat hanger to fit.
- Take to the balcony or the street. Make sure that it does not rain.
- If it is impossible to dry in the fresh air, do not hang the product next to heating devices.
- Remove the down jacket when completely dry.
Features of cleaning products with a membrane
Cleaning down jackets or down jackets with a membrane has a number of features:
- No machine wash.
- Stain removal is carried out only by special means.
- Drying the thing is permissible in a horizontal position, and shake it every 40 minutes.
- After drying, apply a special protective agent to the top layer of fabric.
It is difficult to clean products with a membrane yourself. It is worth evaluating all the possible risks and consequences. It may be better to dry clean the item to reduce the likelihood of stains and other defects.
For effective cleaning of the down jacket from stains, it is recommended to follow a few tips.
- Remove stain as soon as it is detected.
- Do not zeal by applying the product on the surface of the fabric.
- Refuse to use hard sponges.
- Before machine washing, rub traces of dirt with laundry soap.
If the selected product did not cope with the stain, do not immediately make repeated attempts to remove contaminants. Dry the thing, and then take on board another option.
A down jacket is practical clothing, and with proper care, it will last for many years. Continually scan the product for stains, and if they are found, immediately get rid of it. You can do this in various ways, most importantly, follow the rules and advice so as not to spoil the thing.