Mink clothes are durable. If properly looked after, the fur coat will please the hostess for many years. Unfortunately, over time, the fur dims, the villi become clogged with dust, the product loses its gloss and splendor. In dry cleaning, you can clean the fur coat and restore its former beauty, but dry cleaning of fur products is an expensive pleasure. Even if it was successful, the fur will not withstand more than five procedures. From exposure to reagents, the skin dries up, begins to tear, the product becomes unusable.
If the fur coat is not very dirty, I suggest that you clean it at home. Resourceful women who independently cope with the problem of losing the manto of a salable appearance and fixing the product readily share secrets.
Why does the mink turn yellow
It is important to store products in white or light shades. Even when normal conditions are created, they change color over time, turn yellow. Reasons why the negative process accelerates:
- Dust, dirt, chemicals in the air naturally penetrate the villi, the fur loses its luster and gloss.
- Cosmetics and perfumes, getting to the surface, contribute to the formation of stubborn stains.
- Violation in storage conditions, reduces the service life of the mantle, reduces wear resistance. When cleaning the product for a long time, use the refrigerator or the coolest room in the apartment.
- The number one enemy for clothes made of wool and fur is moth. If she wound up in a closet, she would ruin her life for a long time. When packing a fur coat in a case for a long shelf life, treat it with anti-moth preparations.
- Under the influence of sunlight, the color of the fur coat changes, light fur is covered with yellowness. When choosing a fur coat, do not buy the product from the window.
To get started, read the instructions and test the tool. Take a small piece of fur from the wrong side and apply the selected substance. If you are satisfied with the result, then process the entire coat. It's important to know:
- Normal detergents are not suitable for washing.
- Dry the fur coat at room temperature.
- Do not keep the fur in close proximity to the battery or heater, do not use a hair dryer to dry.
- Do not iron the fur coat. To maintain the shape, hang on the shoulders in size and it will take its original form.
Features of cleaning white and blue mink
On light fur, pollution is more noticeable, therefore it is cleaned more often than dark. From constant exposure to foreign chemical products, the mink wears out faster and loses its original luster. Clean light fur products with extreme care to preserve their color, warmth and sophistication.
Folk remedies for cleaning mink coats and hats
Gasoline, starch or sawdust
Using these tools, you can clean the fur product in three ways. They are suitable if oily spots appear on the hat or fur coat. Take potato starch and refined gasoline, mix them until a homogeneous gruel is formed. The resulting mass treat contaminated areas and allow the product to dry.Do not force-dry with a hairdryer or near radiators. Shake off the dried mass from the product and thoroughly clean it with a brush. Then comb the comb with a small cloves, removing the remaining powder. At the end, vacuum the coat in a weak mode.
Instead of potato starch, you can take wood chips. Get them at the pet store, mix with gasoline and clean the product using the same technology.
Starch, semolina, pharmacy talcum powder
Substances act as absorbents, absorbing dirt and grease from the surface of the fur. To clean the product, take a handful of dry talcum powder, semolina, or potato starch and sprinkle on contaminated areas. Then rub gently with a brush. The substance that processes the stain will begin to darken, absorbing dirt. Shake off powder and vacuum.
Any shower gel, liquid soap, shampoo without dyes or for animals will do. Make a solution - in a container of water, add a little detergent for soap and 2 - 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, mix until foam. Using a sponge, apply the mixture to the fur in the direction of the pile. After processing, remove excess moisture with gauze or liquid-absorbing material. Shake off a fur coat several times and dry in natural conditions.
Peroxide and ammonia
The recipe for the preparation of the solution:
- 1 glass of water;
- 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide;
- 1 teaspoon ammonia.
Mix the ingredients in a container and pour into a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the fur, hang the coat on the shoulders and leave at room temperature. After a few hours, she can be worn. Use the mixture with caution, as ammonia has a pungent odor. Carry out cleaning with open windows, in the absence of children and pets. Wear a face mask and gloves.
For products from white mink, where yellowing is especially noticeable, use a less concentrated solution to prevent the appearance of unwanted spots.
Stir the powder in water until a weak solution of light blue color is obtained. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and treat the surface of the fur. After drying, shake off a fur coat and carefully comb.
Salt and ammonia
Prepare the solution in the following proportions:
- 1 teaspoon of small table salt;
- 1 teaspoon ammonia;
- 1 cup of warm water.
Mix the ingredients and use a swab to apply the solution to contaminated areas. After drying, comb the fur.
Lemon juice and vinegar
Apply an aqueous solution of vinegar or lemon juice with a swab to contaminated areas. Brush this place and dry it. Ventilate the product and continue to wear.
Preheat the wheat bran in a pan to a temperature of 60 degrees. Spread evenly over the surface of the fur and gently rub into it. The bran should cool, then shake the product several times and brush off the remnants of crumbs.
How to clean the lining
To clean the lining, first unlock and wash it. Iron a clean, dry cloth and sew it in place. This method does not deform the coat, so it will last for many years.
If you clean the lining without tearing it off, you can spoil the product, since under the influence of moisture it will change shape. If you wash the lining directly on the fur coat, wet the fur as little as possible.
Rules for the care of mink clothes
- Keep the fur coat by hanging it on your shoulders in size in a tightly closed cabinet so that dust does not get there.
- In summer, keep in a special case in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- Shake off wet wet several times, pat dry with a dry, well-absorbing cloth, hang it on your shoulders and wait for it to dry. Then comb the fur coat.
- Remove all dirt immediately, as old stains are worse to clean.
- Remove dust from the fur coat as follows: wrap the product with a damp sheet, pat it lightly and shake.
To make a luxurious fur coat gladden the mistress for a long time, regularly comb the attached fur. Begin cleaning the product from inconspicuous areas. Do not leave the mantle in the sun or in drafts.
A fur coat from animal fur needs a careful attitude. More often go to visit, shops, visit the park, forest, walk in the rain and snow. The animal continues to live in your fur coat. Love, holt and cherish it. You will always be irresistible in a sparkling and playful natural fur coat.