Bright, juicy, tasty and incredibly healthy pomegranates on sale almost always. According to nutritionists, this fruit should be present in the diet of every person. And if there are no problems with the purchase of goodies, clean quickly not everyone succeeds. Let's figure out how to clean the pomegranate.
There are several ways to quickly peel a pomegranate. Some are simple, others involve the use of improvised tools that are present in every kitchen.
The first way - proper and quick cleaning
With the washed pomegranate, carefully cut off the top. In the section you will notice white veins along which make shallow cuts. Then turn the pomegranate with a slice down over a well-prepared bowl in advance and tap the knife handle on the peel. Grains will begin to fall into the dishes without getting any damage.
Life hack video on the first method
The second way - easy cleaning without splashing
As in the first case, wash the fruit, carefully cut off the top. Cut the pomegranate into two halves. Dip the fruit in a container of water and begin to disassemble into slices. Remove the peel from each slice, after which the grains will sink to the bottom, and the peel with the partitions will float. It remains only to drain the water.
The third way - fast cleaning in 30 seconds
Cover a wide container with an ordinary dumpling maker and lay the grenade cut in half with the grains down on top. Using a kitchen hammer, knock pomegranate seeds into a bowl. Carry out the procedure carefully, otherwise the peel will crack, and splashes of juice will fly in different directions.
Calorie pomegranate with seeds - 66 kcal / 100 gr. Seedless - 52 kcal / 100 gr.
Pomegranate is used to prepare various dishes, including pork sausages, pilafbaked chicken, skewers, pomegranate bracelet salad. Some chefs consider it a magical fruit for its excellent taste and great benefits to the body.
It is impossible to spoil the figure with a pomegranate when used correctly.
I will consider several recipes with pomegranate, which managed to take root in my cookbook. I hope you will appreciate them and apply them in your culinary practice.
Beef liver with pomegranate sauce
I like offal. When I met this recipe on the Internet, I immediately decided to try it, because it involves the use of my favorite products: liver and pomegranate. The result was amazing.
- Beef liver - 500 g.
- Butter - 2 tablespoons.
- Starch - 1.5 tablespoons.
- Water - 0.25 cups.
- Pomegranate juice - 1 cup.
- Ground coriander - 1 spoon.
- Salt pepper.
- I wash the beef liver, remove the ducts and cut into medium-sized slices. Salted slices of the liver fry in oil on both sides for about 5 minutes.
- I breed starch in cold water, pour a juice from pomegranate in a thin stream, add salt, pepper and coriander. Pour the resulting mixture into a pan in which the offal was prepared and, stirring, bring to a boil.
- I spread the ready-made liver onto the dish and pour it abundantly in fragrant sauce. Incredibly delicious.
The main benefits of southern fruit are concentrated in grains. They, with a sweet and sour taste, are used to making cake, which is suitable for a hearty breakfast or a get-together with friends for a cup of tea.
- Pomegranate - 2 pcs.
- Cold butter - 230 g.
- Flour - 200 g.
- Sugar - 150 g.
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Port - 4 spoons.
- Honey - 1 spoon.
- Juice and zest of three lemons.
- I cut grenades in half, pull out the grains, mix with wine and honey. I decorate the finished pie with the resulting sauce.
- I mix flour with 100 grams of butter, two tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt. I knead the dough, put it in a bag and send it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In a metal bowl, beat eggs with sugar until foam appears, stir in the grated zest, pour in the lemon juice and add the remaining butter. I put the container with the mixture in a water bath and make a thick cream with a mixer.
- I grease the form, spread the dough, make a layer of cream on top and send it to the oven for half an hour. Bake at 200 degrees.
- I take the finished treat out of the oven, wait for cooling, take it out of the mold and decorate with pomegranate sauce at my discretion.
Pomegranate Smoothie with Curd
Smoothies made for the perfect breakfast. Thanks to cottage cheese, it nourishes the body with energy, and other ingredients bring a lot of pleasure and cheer up.
- Fresh or frozen berries - 2 cups.
- Pomegranate juice - 1 cup.
- Cottage cheese - 0.5 cups.
- Banana - 1 pc.
- Water - 0.5 cups.
- I send berries, cottage cheese, peeled and chopped banana into the blender bowl, pour juice and water.
- I turn on the device at full power and bring the contents of the bowl to a homogeneous mass. Immediately serve to the table.
I shared three great recipes. All of them are simple and do not require expensive ingredients.
Is pomegranate a fruit or a berry?
In everyday life, pomegranate is called a fruit, and in scientific publications it is often called a berry. This is the essence of the confusion regarding the classification of this exotic product. Let's get it right.
From a culinary point of view, pomegranate is a fruit because its fruit is sweet. In botany, the term “fruit” does not exist. Instead, the word "fruit" is used. This is the name of a fragment of a plant that develops from a flower and contains seeds. Pomegranate is a juicy berry-like fruit like a tomato or currant.
To summarize, I note that pomegranate is not a berry, but its appearance. But when you consider that the berry is the juicy fruit of a plant with a thin skin and seeds, the fruits of pomegranate can rightly be called berries.
How to grow pomegranate from seed at home
If you grow plants, try grow pomegranate home from the bone. As a result, you get a miniature, abundantly flowering and fruiting tree. Even if the fruits are small and tasteless, the flowering period completely compensates for this drawback, because pomegranate flowers have a delicate smell and are incredibly beautiful.
- In early March, bury fresh pomegranate grains in a nutrient mixture of sand and peat, to a depth of 1 cm. After that, close the container with a film or cover with glass. The cover will create a greenhouse effect and provide the optimum temperature. The first shoots appear two weeks after planting the seeds.
- As soon as the leaves appear, transplant the bores in a container with nutrient soil and water abundantly. Do not let the soil dry out. In autumn, try to provide the plant with additional lighting in the form of an energy-saving lamp.
- The first flowers will appear on a pomegranate tree a year after landing. The number and size of flowers depends heavily on pomegranate care, lighting and watering. In the summer, keep the pot with the young tree in the fresh air, and feed it with fertilizers at the time of flowering.
With optimal care, after a year, a beautiful meter-tall tree will appear in your house, blooming several times a year and giving small fruits.How pleasant it is to taste the taste of hand-grown pomegranate.
How to choose a ripe pomegranate in the store
Buying pomegranate is easy. It is much more difficult to choose a sweet, juicy and ripe fruit, because the market is full of unripe or stale fruits. Fortunately, there is a step-by-step technology for choosing the right exotic.
- Inspect the peel. In ripe fruit, it is red with a pink or orange tint. Soft spots on the fetus indicate rotting. Ideally, the peel should fit the fetus well and emphasize its facets.
- Damage. Any damage on the surface is a signal of refusal to buy goodies. The skin of a ripened pomegranate is slightly dried and slightly numb. Remember, excessively dry crust is considered a sign of prolonged storage.
- Do not buy smooth-to-touch fruits. Smooth pomegranate - early plucked. The ripe fruit, despite its small size, weighs decently, which is due to the grains poured by juice. Buy solid and dense grenades.
- Tail and crown. In the selection process, be sure to inspect the tail and crown of the fetus. Green bores and not fully dried inflorescences should alert. Ripe pomegranates do not smell.
Following this instruction, it is not difficult to purchase ripe pomegranate with sweet and juicy seeds. It will bring a lot of taste pleasure or become a wonderful decoration of salads and snacks.