Baileys is a popular alcoholic beverage. It is incorrect to write “Baileys”, you need to say and write “Baileys”, the letter “c” is at the end.
This is an Irish drink, liquor No. 1, this is the very first liquor in the world, the basis of which consists of Irish whiskey. In the preparation using vegetable oil, sugar, cocoa, vanilla and caramel.
There are types of Beilis with the addition of mint or coffee. Liquor does not contain preservatives, cream does not deteriorate, because it mixes with alcohol. The fortress is 17%.
How and with what Baileys is used
Baileys is good as an ingredient for a cocktail and separately, it can be added to coffee and suitable for any occasion. In cooking, liquor is widely used as a flavoring for cake or chocolate chip cookies. Baileys is added to desserts with ice cream and yogurt, fruit salads.
The drinking options are varied. It is combined with various ingredients, but tonic and citrus fruits are incompatible, they contain acids that cause cream clotting.
Baileys is part of original cocktails, where vodka, schnapps, rum are added. After diluted with milk or cream, add cold coffee and garnish with grated chocolate and fruit.
Popular Cocktail Options
- In the cocktail glass, very carefully, at the tip of the knife, pour traditional bailisfollowed by Irish Cream and Cointreau liquor. In equal shares, 20 ml. Dip a straw into a glass and set fire. Drink while burning.
- In hot weather, a cooling cocktail is prepared by adding ice to Baileys. In a blender, liquor is mixed with ice, an invigorating and refreshing drink is obtained. The second option: pour 50 ml of Beilis in a glass with a thick bottom. 3 large ice cubes are thrown into a glass.
- The recipe for a dinner. A little espresso is poured into the coffee cup, Baileys and warm milk are added. The cocktail is decorated with foam on top and sprinkled with grated chocolate.
- Baileys is mixed with milk and finely chopped or shabby banana is added.
- Recipe for an informal party. Guests are invited to offer a cup of coffee, instead of milk or cream, add Baileys.
What are they drinking from?
Drink from special liquor glasses at night, in the form of reminiscent of glasses for wine or martini, but much smaller, the maximum volume is 50 ml. In such dishes, Baileys is served pure. For cocktails take larger glasses, as for a martini.
What products does Baileys combine with?
- Cut the bananas into small pieces, strung on a skewer, serve with liquor.
- Banana and strawberry fruit salad.
- Banana boats. Peel bananas, cut along. Remove a portion of the pulp with a spoon to make it look like “boats”. Fill the container with grated cheese mixed with banana pulp or add nuts pre-mixed with chocolate to the banana pulp.
Break shortbread cookies into pieces, add chopped nuts and berries, mix with ice cream and put in a bowl. Sprinkle grated chocolate or cocoa on top. The dessert will perfectly complement the Baileys.
Liquor is combined with any coffee desserts or Tiramisu.Served after a meal.
How to Cook Baileys at Home
At home, you can make a drink by combining milk, condensed milk and whiskey (cognac or vodka is suitable). Having mastered the preparation of the classic recipe, you can experiment further by adding a variety of ingredients.
Some advise adding alcohol to your home liquor, but it’s better not to do this, you can go too far with the fortress and spoil the drink. The fortress is not advisable to raise above 17%.
Beilis Classic Recipe
- A bottle of vodka (0.5 liter) or whiskey;
- Condensed milk - 1 can;
- High fat cream - 300 grams;
- Vanilla sugar - 1 pack (15 grams).
- Beat the chilled cream with vanilla sugar. After 10 minutes, add condensed milk and whisk again. Use a mixer or blender.
- Add vodka (whiskey), mix. Wait an hour and a half. The liquor is ready.
Bailey's Chocolate Recipe
Add 100 grams of dark chocolate to the above ingredients.
- Pre-melt the chocolate in a water bath. Beat cream for 5 or 10 minutes on a blender.
- Add melted chocolate and condensed milk to cream. Beat again.
- Pour in vodka or whiskey. Stir and insist an hour and a half.
To give the drink a spicy mint flavor, while languishing chocolate in a water bath, throw a few sprigs of mint. Peel the mint before mixing the ingredients.
The original recipe for homemade Baileys
- Vodka (whiskey) - about 400 ml;
- Sugar - you need 4 tbsp.;
- Ginger and cinnamon - for an amateur;
- Vanilla Sugar - 4 standard packets;
- Honey - 2 tsp;
- Fat cream - 750 ml;
- Condensed milk - 1 can;
- Egg - 2 pcs.;
- Instant coffee - 3 tsp
- Prepare tincture based on vodka or whiskey. Mix sugar with water, put in the microwave at the highest power. Wait until the sugar becomes caramel color.
- Pour the resulting sugar into vodka, add ginger, cinnamon on the tip of a knife, honey, 3 packets of vanilla sugar.
- Soak for 5 days, seal the bottle well, shake periodically. Keep in the refrigerator.
- Making liquor. Pour half a liter of slightly chilled cream into an enameled pan, add 2 yolks and beat in a homogeneous consistency.
- Add condensed milk and coffee diluted in water, beat.
- Add the remaining cream, whisk again with a mixer.
- Strain vodka tincture, add to mass.
- Pour the remaining packet of vanilla sugar. Beat the last time.
- Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for 5 days. Strain again and bottle.
The fatter the cream, the thicker the liquor. The longer you insist, the richer the taste. Creamy taste will create cosiness in the house, and the fortress - incredibly teasing and sensual luxury.
The history of the creation of Beilis
Baileys appeared on November 26, 1974. An ordinary accident helped in the discovery. In 1970, when David Dand and his comrades decided to create something special among alcoholic beverages. Irishman David Dand drew attention to products that glorified Ireland - Irish cream and Irish whiskey.
He mixed 2 of these components and it turned out incredibly tasty, but one problem arose: the drink did not have a constant consistency. It took 4 years to create the desired consistency. Once David came up with an unexpected decision and after a little refinement, he patented the process of making liquor. The liquor was named Baileys, which is associated with the small Bailey Pub, where workers of the former David company liked to gather. Later, David Dand registered R&A Bailey & Co, which represented Baileys liquor in Ireland and the world, where he immediately received worldwide recognition, as cognac.
Natural ingredients are used in the production, combining the best Irish whiskey, fresh cream made in Ireland, pure Irish alcohol and natural additives.
In 2005, two new flavors appeared - mint chocolate and creamy caramel. Currently, Beilis is sold in 170 countries, and the volume of bottles produced is about 50 million. Until now, the drink is produced where it was created - on the outskirts of Dublin, in a factory owned by David Dandu.