New Year is a holiday that they look forward to. And you have to wait a long time, and therefore you want to spend it so that the memories warmed the soul and delighted the heart. To do this, you need to responsibly approach the holding of such an important event. In preparation for the holiday, everything is significant: gifts, a New Year's feast menu, an elegant Christmas tree, and, of course, home decoration. And you will have to plan ahead, otherwise you will not have time in the New Year's bustle.
Before you start preparing, think about what exactly you want to get in the end.
There are two approaches to decorating the home and the New Year tree. The first is when you get everything you have, call the children, and they decorate to your taste, anyhow, but from the heart and fun. In this case, the owners do not care what the house or the tree looks like, the main thing is that the children are happy, and the mom has free time. But the result is unlikely to please, and you will have to look at it at least all the holidays, and sometimes even longer.
The second approach is more conceptual. You think in advance how you want to dress up the house. See what toys and jewelry you have to buy or do it yourself. The latter is even preferable, because it adds warmth and warmth to the process. Here you can also attract loved ones, they will only be happy. This is what Americans call the “Christmas spirit,” and we are the “New Year mood.” And that's great!
Design Ideas for Home and Apartment Decoration
Before making design decisions, carefully consider which parts of the room to design. The main areas for interior stylization: walls, New Year's table and Christmas tree. In addition to them, windows, doors, various niches and furniture decorate.
Professional decorators recommend using the entire space of the room. Pay attention to window sills, fireplaces, and bookshelves that place decorations and characters of the coming year. An original solution will be decorating the ceiling or stairs with garlands. You can buy them or do it yourself.
List of materials for homemade jewelry
- the cloth;
- light bulbs;
- paper clips;
Using cardboard and wallpaper you can make a decorative fireplace. To do this, a square hole is made in the box through which the image of fire is visible. Outside, the box is painted in brick color or glued with wallpaper. On top are attached socks for gifts or other symbols of the New Year.
The next step to create a festive atmosphere is to choose a color scheme. There are no strict rules for selecting a palette, but it is customary to choose a theme in accordance with the Chinese oriental calendar. 2020 is the year of the White Metal Rat, so the main colors will be all shades of white, yellow, beige and silver. It is also possible to use red in symbolism and textile elements.
New Year's jewelry list
- garlands or beads;
- colored ribbons;
- Christmas balls;
- Christmas tree decorations;
- decorative snowflakes;
- candles and light bulbs;
- New Year's souvenirs and figurines;
- beautiful napkins for the table;
- toys and thematic drawings with a symbol of the coming year;
- accessories with sparkles;
- Christmas caps and socks for gifts.
Smart windows and window sills bring warmth to the homely atmosphere. Imitation of snow, New Year's motives and snowflakes create a good mood for guests and casual passers-by. To make the snowflakes sparkle in the light, glue them with tape or glossy paper.
If you have a private house, then decorate the house area and entrance group as standard: garlands, a snowman, a wreath on the door. Some like inflatable figures Santa Claus or deer. You can’t imagine anything new here. But here the interior decoration of the house is a space for imagination and originality.
If there is free finance, time and desire, decorating a house will not be a problem at all.
But let's talk about when there is not enough time to look for beautiful pictures, buy everything you need and think about how to put it all in your home. Or when it’s an elementary pity to spend a lot of money on it. Every year, thousands of people spend decent amounts to buy New Year's supplies. What for? Each house is full of things that can beautifully and interestingly decorate everything.
- Snowflakes. Do not mold them corny on the windows. Place them on the wall, about fifteen, with the general composition, like snowfall. You can make them golden or silver. Arrange in the form of a Christmas tree or a large ball or other snowflake.
- Christmas tree made of sticks - original idea. You fix on a free wall the sticks collected on the street, one below the other, choosing the size so that you get a Christmas tree. And between the sticks you hang balls (they can be attached to ordinary sewing needles, they are light, they will hold well).
- Christmas tree of ballsmade on the wall (if there are plenty of toys). Also place them in rows. It will turn out very original. Choosing the color of the balls is your fantasy!
- Fir branches can be brought from the street and spread out on all suitable surfaces, where they will not interfere. Between the branches, put candles or put large cones.
- Socks! Multi-colored or red, it doesn’t matter. Huge socks from new year movies - this is a classic. And the house should be decorated the same way, otherwise they will not look. Why complicate this? Choose some of your funny socks or buy specially New Year's with deers, striped, bright. They will then be great to wear in the cold. Place them on the wall in any composition, and you will see how your guests will smile!
- Fairy lights - The main decoration of any home. Not only at the Christmas tree. Hang them on any surface, on walls, on bookshelves. There is a beautiful idea when the garlands are put in several wine bottles without a label. The sight is bewitching.
- Chandelier - A great place for Christmas toys, no worse than a Christmas tree. The idea is to have many, many, many toys. They should cover all the free space under it, hang in a continuous array.
How to decorate a Christmas tree
The Christmas tree remains the main decoration of the coming year. The design of the holiday tree directly depends on its size and shape. For a large Christmas tree, it is more difficult to choose a harmonious outfit, and living trees are more difficult to dress than artificial ones.
There are 3 options for the location of jewelry.
- Spiral. Design begins with a garland, which is wound from top to bottom in a spiral. Toys repeat a given direction, and colors can replace each other. This method is suitable for artificial and decorative patterns.
- Vertical. Decorations are arranged strictly in vertical lines. To dilute the strict design, use bows, ribbons, tinsel and rain.
- A circle. A common option is when the garland or beads lie in a circle, and the rest of the accessories are arranged randomly.
You can make toys for the Christmas tree with your own hands. Instead of balls hang fruits, sweets, cones and other products. Figures with the symbol of the New Year are cut out of paper or cardboard. If you cannot draw a mouse, there are ready-made stencils in stores. For decoration, any materials suitable in color and repeating in the interior are suitable.
Unlike a chandelier, the main thing in decorating a Christmas tree is minimalism. The tree should be beautiful in itself. Fluffy, neat. Otherwise, no jewelry will save. It is best to dress up in the middle of the room, and then rearrange it in the right place. For a Christmas-tree outfit, several toys are arranged evenly, a little shiny tinsel and a garland. This is quite enough, given that there will still be decorations on the walls and on new year table.
The limit of minimalism is a tree wrapped only in garlands. In this case, there should be several, then it will look very unusual and mysterious.
And the top of originality is a white Christmas tree, with a plain yellow garland, dressed up as a snowman. A hat is on the top of the head, a red scarf and a few balls instead of buttons on the tree itself, and boots or even skates under the tree - and it will impress anyone.
2019 Animal Style Jewelry - Yellow Earth Pig
The name of the symbol itself indicates what colors to decorate the house and Christmas tree in the coming year. It is yellow, beige, orange, golden and red with green like classic New Year colors.
For decoration, golden cones, balls and snowflakes are suitable. Figurines cut out of cardboard and wrapped in twine or burlap look beautiful. On top of them you can glue coffee beans, millet, dried cloves. Figurines from cookies fixed on ribbons look original.
Knitted mittens or mittens are also suitable, especially if they are in the right colors and made by hand.
In addition to balls, hang cones, acorns or nuts on the Christmas tree.
The festive atmosphere will reign in the air, if you prepare the house for the New Year in advance. In our country, it is customary to prepare for the holiday on the 25th, a week before the New Year. All household members are attracted to decorating the house - this is a good family tradition.
- Creating a harmonious combination of several shades is quite difficult for the layman, so it is optimal to use no more than 3 colors.
- If the Christmas tree is medium or large, it is advisable to hang large decorations and toys on it. For a small tree and decorative Christmas trees in pots, balls of small diameter are suitable.
- Special table setting will give guests a New Year's mood. For example: bright plates, a tablecloth with the symbols of the holiday, thematic drawings on napkins, candles and dishes with decorative elements.
- Elegant fabric covers for chairs, New Year's tablecloths and table napkins are obtained from the fabric.
- To get beautiful holiday photos, you need to arrange a special place for a selfie with guests in the room. For example, an empty wall with light wallpaper and a thematic picture.
- A single color style, designed even in small things, will give the interior elegance.
- The main rule of design: do not overload the room with many details. Let the elements be smaller, but they competently combine with each other.
- Choose the color of your home. It will be red with green or beige-golden, or maybe you like cool austere blue on a silver background. In any case, all jewelry should be in a single color scheme.
- Wonderful atmosphere creates a New Year's tablecloth or at least napkins.Put also thick candles and cute figures. Vases with tangerines. You can tie bows on bottles.
- Place cutlery in socks or mittens.
- Under the tree or on the New Year's table, put a beautiful piggy bank in the shape of a rat or mouse, preferably silver.
- If the tree does not look lush, do not hang a lot of toys. Add green fluffy tinsel. A garland is better placed closer to the trunk, so the tree will seem to glow from the inside, highlighting the toys.
Preparation for the holiday is already the beginning of the holiday. Thinking over the style, choosing jewelry, making them with your own hands at home or finding the right ones in the store - all this creates the atmosphere of the upcoming event. Before you beautifully decorate the house, you will want to first wash it properly, remove excess, throw away the unnecessary. This is the best thing to do on the eve of New Year 2020.
Life Hack Video
Then call the household, discuss the decoration and proceed to embellishment together. This brings together no worse than a joint wallpapering, but it does without complexity and hassle. Just plan everything in advance, otherwise these wonderful ideas and undertakings will remain so with ideas, the holidays will be gray days, and it will be very disappointing. And you will say to yourself: “Next year, I’ll definitely decorate everything!” Therefore, if you are planning something, just take it and do it!
To beautifully decorate a room, you do not need to be a designer and buy up all New Year's decorations from stores. New Year's Eve will be joyful and unforgettable if you decorate your house or apartment with handmade toys and souvenirs. A correctly chosen style can become author's and guests will remember for a long time.