A sofa is present in every home, apartment or office. The question of choosing a sofa for daily sleep should be approached with all seriousness. The fact is that some people spend evenings on it, while others sleep every day. So, how to choose a sofa.
As you know, lying and movement are natural for a person, but not a sitting position. So do not be angry with your husband if he considers the sofa to be his friend.
According to statistics, people buy a new sofa once a decade. This is a very long time, isn't it? For this reason, in order not to have to complain, it is first of all important to know how to choose it correctly.
Do not be guided by the choice of appearance - this is the wrong approach. The most important element of the sofa is the "filling". Undoubtedly, appearance is important, but she is not able to fix design flaws.
Child Sofa Tips
Children's sofa is a category of upholstered furniture, the manufacture of which provides only the best materials. The design must fully correspond to the mobile life of the child.
A variety of requirements are imposed on children's models, but the main one is safety. I will tell you 8 main points when choosing, and you, using my advice, will be able to buy a child high-quality and safe upholstered furniture.
- Decide on the functionality. It can be used as a bed for daily sleep or just for games.
- Measure the place where the sofa will stand. These measurements come in handy when choosing a layout mechanism.
- Be sure to check the option you like for stability. To do this, slightly swing the sofa, a quality product will not tip over.
- Make sure that there are no bumps or rough spots on the surface. Do not buy a children's sofa with sharp corners or ledges.
- Do not disregard the quality of parts made of wood. The frame must be dry. Particleboard components must be coated with harmless paint. If the supporting elements are under the upholstery, be sure to read the technical documentation.
- Buy a children's sofa trimmed with cotton or linen. These materials are environmentally friendly and completely safe. True, natural material is quickly wiped. Tapestry is recommended as an alternative. This fabric is washable and easy to clean.
- Choose a color based on the preferences of the child. Note that a very bright color causes aggression and irritation. Soft pastel shade increases the space of the room and creates comfort.
- Choose a transformation mechanism so that the child can lay out independently.
- The sofa should match the height of the child.
Following my simple instructions, you can easily buy a nice sofa for your child, which will become a sleeping place and a playground.
Rules for choosing a corner sofa
Corner sofa is a popular type of upholstered furniture. The market offers a variety of models that differ in shape, aspect ratio and manufacturing materials. Sofas are filled with spring blocks, polyurethane, foam rubber or a padded jacket.
If a folding option is required, buy a “French folding bed” or “dolphin”. Do not forget to clarify whether the transformation mechanism will withstand daily use.
- Creating comfort and coziness.
- Convenient accommodation for several people.
- Rational distribution of space.
- Saving money.
- Model.Right or left. Consider the length of the sides.
- Style. Hi-tech, Mediterranean style, classic or modern.
- Type of assembly. Compound, cast and modular.
- Upholstery. Manufacturers upholstered furniture with different materials.
- Filler. Be sure to find out about the filler, the presence of head restraints and armrests, pillows and removable covers.
Choosing a sofa bed for sleeping
It’s hard to find someone who does not dream of returning home after work and lie down on your favorite sofa.
The sofa bed is an excellent decoration of the interior with enviable functionality. During the day you can use it as a resting place, and at night turn it into a chic bed.
A person who finds himself in a furniture salon may be confused. Not surprising, because it presents a variety of options. How to be In this situation, a consultant will come to the rescue. But, if he offers only expensive models, it is better to leave the store.
In a normal approach, the consultant will objectively describe the presented models, talk about transformation mechanisms, and offer an optimal mattress.
Determining the quality of the sofa
- Check comfort by sitting on the sofa. Some salons are even allowed to lie down. A healthy sleep depends on the level of comfort.
- Check the quality of the transformation mechanism by folding and unfolding. Given that this procedure was performed many times in a furniture store, you can easily evaluate the mechanism and detect problems.
- The best option for sleeping every day is a sofa book. When unfolded, its width is comparable to the length. It is absolutely not difficult to choose a suitable mattress for such a model.
Only then can you begin to choose a mattress. A specific type of mattress is suitable for a certain type. For example, for a non-folding sofa, it is better to use an orthopedic mattress.
Polyurethane products go well with all types of sofas. Due to the unique filler, such mattresses are quite rigid and retain their volume and pristine shape for 25 years.
In combination with a high-quality mattress, the sofa bed will provide a good sleep, good mood and good health.
How to choose a sofa eurobook
Modern factories offer various models of sofas that differ in size, upholstery, the presence or absence of drawers for linen.
Thanks to the high-quality transformation mechanism, the sofa-eurobook folds out easily and quickly. Even a child can cope with this task.
What to look for when choosing?
- Upholstery. For the decoration of upholstered furniture, natural and synthetic materials are used. The first category is represented by cotton, linen, leather and tapestry. Synthetics - jacquard, flock and other materials.
- Filling. The sofas reinforced with spring blocks are considered the highest quality. Thanks to them, the product retains its shape. Plus, they provide an orthopedic effect, depending on the quality and quantity of the springs.
- Frame material. Durable are models made of natural wood. Metal provides designers with ample opportunities to realize their fantasies. If you want to buy a sofa based on a metal frame, be sure to make sure the quality of welding.
Finally, I add that there is no rush to choose upholstered furniture. The cost of a product cannot be called democratic, therefore, do not buy the first option you like. Perhaps under the beautiful upholstery hidden significant flaws.
Check, evaluate, weigh and only then acquire. Saving on a purchase is not worth it, because you do not buy it for one day. In some cases, it is better to overpay and get high-quality upholstered furniture.