For a year, grandmother takes care of us. On New Year's holiday, I want to please her with a good gift, but choosing it is not so simple. Is it expensive, corny, already exists ... Shop after shop, but the “same thing” was never found? The article offers options for every taste and budget!
List of inexpensive and original gifts
Grandmother is always ready to surround her relatives with warmth. Answer her the same! A blanket will help keep you warm on a cold winter evening, and the right material will benefit your health. Sheep's wool helps with arthritis, radiculitis and insomnia, goat relieves muscle tension, and camel is recommended for joint diseases.
If your grandmother loves to “hang out” at Odnoklassniki, surprise her with unusual heated slippers. Slippers are connected to the computer via a USB port. Going through them on the Internet will not work, but your legs will be warm. An alternative is battery heating, which allows you to move around the house freely. If you liked the idea, place your order in advance, since it is difficult to find such a product in the store.
To extend a short winter day, a clothespin-lamp will help, under the light of which it is convenient to solve crosswords or read books. A small lamp is easily attached to the pages and runs on batteries, which will allow you to take it with you on the go.
Hobby Gift Ideas
A good gift will not gather dust on a shelf. In order not to make a mistake with the choice, pay attention to the hobbies of the grandmother. If her hobby is needlework, great options are:
- Quality threads. Be sure that such a gift will not be left without attention. The stores offer a large selection of yarn of different composition and color, so feel free to choose any.
- Framework. The needlewomen do not like when their paintings are stacked in a closet, so a neat frame will be a pleasant surprise.
- Embroidery kits. Buying a ready-made kit greatly simplifies the task: everything you need to work is already enclosed in it. The main thing remains - to choose a picture.
If the grandmother likes to cook, she will be pleased:
- Vegetable slicer. Grater with interchangeable nozzles is suitable for cucumbers, tomatoes and other vegetables, saves time and effort.
- Electronic balance. Almost do not take up space in the kitchen, but greatly simplify the cooking process, especially when it comes to preservation. Simple controls will make this gift useful and memorable.
- Silicone molds in the form of Christmas tree decorations will add a New Year's mood, and granny will again and again please the family delicious cupcakes.
Does grandmother gardening in her free time? Then she will surely like it:
- Wicker basket. Fruits and vegetables crumple if collected in basins or buckets. Fruits are better stored in baskets, besides they bring aesthetic pleasure.
- Watering can. Even if you water the garden from a hose, a watering can will become an indispensable assistant when planting seeds and seedlings. It can be useful when caring for indoor plants: if the flowers are high, choose a watering can with a long nose.
- Folding stool. Weeding the garden takes a lot of energy and overloads the back muscles. A special gardener chair will help maintain health. Thanks to adjustable design weed control It becomes easier.
Gifts if Grandma is still working
Granny devoted many years to work, for which she probably managed to accumulate thanks from her superiors. Complete her collection with the diploma “Best Grandmother”.It will fit perfectly into the "board of honor" and will cause admiration of colleagues.
While the grandmother takes care of the wards, take care of her health. A sedentary lifestyle negatively affects the spine; an orthopedic pillow will help reduce stress on it. Such a simple and practical solution is sure to enjoy.
Universal gifts for the New Year 2020
A universal gift for any occasion and for any age - sweets. If grandmother has diabetes and cakes are contraindicated, order a special diet dessert. You can cook a healthy treat at home by choosing the right recipe on the Internet.
Family is the main thing in everyone’s life. But when children and grandchildren live separately, family meetings do not happen as often as we would like. To always be near, give a digital photo frame. The gadget accommodates up to 400 photos.
If you want to accurately guess with a surprise, get a gift certificate, for example, in a SPA salon. Then the grandmother will be able to choose what she likes.
What gifts to do yourself
A handmade gift is a pleasure to receive, because it is made with a soul. Surely after the holiday he will be proudly shown to all his girlfriends and neighbors.
A creative and interesting solution is video greetings. Write down words of gratitude or wishes of all family members or make a video sequence of family photos with soulful music.
The picture embroidered with a cross or ribbons will please. If needlework is your old hobby, embroider a portrait, and if you are only at the beginning of the journey, stop on a scarf with a monogram. A guy who has bought a wood burning set in a store can also make a gift with his own hands.
The Internet provides an unlimited selection of souvenir workshops. Kitchen decoration will be a simple coffee tree or other topiary.
What is not worth giving
Perhaps you should refrain from surprises in the style of "unforgettable sensations": flying in a balloon, skydiving and dog riding. If the grandmother is not an avid extreme, such entertainment is unlikely to please. A ticket to the theater, exhibition or museum will give a new impression.
Another controversial option is money. At this age, funds are no longer spent on themselves, but on children and grandchildren. Most likely, these finances will also go to your “gifts”.
What to give and what not to give is an individual question. There are exceptions to any rule: maybe flying on a ball is the dream of a lifetime, and grandmother has been saving money for a long time at a sanatorium.
Whatever your choice, a few tips will help you find the right option.
- “How many times have they repeated to the world”, but you can only find out from a person what you would like to receive. Maybe grandmother has been complaining about a malfunctioning mixer for a long time or is she carefully looking at tea sets in the store? Remember: no one knows her like you.
- A gift is only half the story. The second half is the right presentation. This should not become a mere formality. Even an expensive thing will not bring joy if a part of the soul is not enclosed in it.
- Try on a gift. Imagine yourself in the place of a grandmother - is he comfortable to use, is her lifestyle suitable? Ultramodern device is not always the best option.
Choosing a gift for loved ones is the most difficult, because you want it to be special and memorable. But whatever it may be, remember that attention is its main component. Give love and care not only on the holiday itself, but also throughout the year!