Modern technology is penetrating deeper into human life. The educational sphere, where recently such an innovative device as an electronic diary of a student has been used, is no exception. The task of the diary is the rapprochement between parents, teachers and students.
Why do I need an electronic diary
Almost every home is connected to the Internet, and innovative digital technologies are an important element of human life. Students increasingly use e-books, and use a laptop or tablet to record classes and study material.
The electronic diary in its functions represents an electronic service or software that allows students to monitor the implementation of the school curriculum. The comfort for each student is obvious.
The functionality of the device in electronic form is:
- Monitoring performance and the implementation of the school curriculum.
- Lesson attendance control.
- Informing parents about the achievements of children in the learning process.
- Creating a portfolio for the student.
- Reducing the burden on the educational institution.
- Creation of a school-wide social network.
As a result, it is possible to minimize the need for a familiar paper diary. The electronic version guarantees that parents will be informed about the child’s affairs at school.
By some parameters and functions, electronic services are similar, but have different capabilities. Electronic journals are accounting tools that allow you to:
- Monitor student performance and attendance.
- Facilitate the implementation of the educational and pedagogical load.
- Inform the learning outcomes of all interested parties.
An electronic diary can be considered a report taken from a classroom journal on the achievements of the student. Both students and their parents can view the pages.
Advantages and disadvantages of the diary
Benefits for Parents
Maintaining performance assessment in this way has the following advantages for parents:
- 24-hour access to student performance information.
- View class schedules, information about school events.
- The ability to communicate with the teacher of the child, with the leadership of the institution.
The program allows the student not to worry about the timely recording of homework, about changes in the schedule. All information and important information will appear on the log screen in a timely manner. This is convenient for students who, for whatever reason, were not in the classroom.
The introduction of innovative development in the educational process will allow:
- See grades obtained at different periods of study.
- Learn academic performance.
- To get acquainted with the events taking place in the educational institution.
The benefits of electronic diaries for teachers
The use of the diary by the teacher provides several advantages:
- Communication with students' parents is provided.
- It turns out to quickly calculate data on student performance.
- It is possible to conduct remote consultations.
The level of reliability of the information in the electronic journal may be outdated and not display real information about the success of the student. This is due to the forgetfulness of the teacher or with his workload.
As a result, there is a need to explain to the teaching staff about the benefits of the electronic journal and the proper use of innovative development.
Is it possible for a student to delete or correct grades on their own
Deleting or correcting student grades is possible if the teacher forgot to close the system. A student can enter it and make changes. Such an intervention is likely to be detected, and then the student will be punished.
It is necessary to take into account the fact that children are knowledgeable Internet users, therefore, a student, when assisting a teacher with a computer, can quietly correct grades in the system.
The reason for possible unauthorized access to the electronic journal is the installation of simple passwords or the lack of data protection software. In general, a significant level of security has been achieved.
It should be noted that electronic journals, like other software, are developed by specialists. They try to ensure the safety of data at various levels of protection. It may be that among the students there is a talented young programmer who can circumvent established protection systems and enter the journal. This can be done from anywhere from a personal computer. In this case, it is obvious not only a change in ratings, but also the infection of files by malware.