In washing machines, unpleasant odors appear during their long-term operation. This phenomenon does not affect the serviceability of the equipment. Foreign odors after washing are inevitable. If you do not deal with this phenomenon, then things that have been in the washing machine are thoroughly saturated with stench.
First of all, contact the technical support service of the equipment. Hotline phones are glued on the car body. If there is no such information outside, then you can check the numbers on the warranty card. A malfunction of the unit is possible, then the help of specialists is needed.
If the washing machine does not break, and the reason lies in improper use, you can remove the harassing odor yourself.
ATTENTION! In no case do not remove or disassemble parts if you do not understand washing machines! Entrust repair work to professionals!
The best folk remedies
The most famous and most affordable cleaning products washing machine - citric acid, vinegar and baking soda. Every housewife has them in the kitchen and can quickly deal with an unpleasant problem.
Citric Acid + Vinegar
To remove unpleasant odors and scale in the washing machine, 100 grams of citric acid and 0.5 liters of table vinegar are used. The product is placed in the drum and the washing program starts with a maximum temperature of 90 ° C. If after the first time the aroma remains, the washing is repeated without the use of funds.
Old scale deposits form into large formations. They may break off and cause damage to the drain hose. When this happens, the machine makes a humming sound. In this case, stop washing immediately, clean the hose and run the program again.
Scum and dirt accumulate in the unit’s rubber seals. After washing, it is very important to thoroughly wipe all the elements of the equipment that interact with water, including rubber parts and the detergent drawer.
Regular (1 time per month) washing with soda can protect the washing machine from scale. 250 g of baking soda is poured into the powder compartment and the program for the longest wash with a temperature of 90 ° C is turned on. At the end of the process, rinse should be repeated.
Experience shows that home-based odor control methods are effective. Using such methods does not harm the internal parts of the washing machine and contributes to the silent operation of the unit.
Purchased Drum Odor Chemistry
The stores offer a large selection of specialized products from unpleasant odors. The most popular cleaners are made in Europe:
- Frau Schmidt (Frau Schmidt) with a smell of lemon. Suitable not only for washing, but also for dishwashers.
- Dr. Beckmann cleaner (Dr. Berkman) combats odors and scale.
- Fine tablets from Well Done (Vel Dan) increase the service life of the equipment and remove unpleasant odors.
- Filtero fights odors inside the drum and removes limescale from the washing machine.
These household chemicals must be used strictly in accordance with the instructions on the package. You cannot combine two or more types of cleaners at the same time.Use only with gloves and a face shield.
How to quickly remove the smell of gasoline and white spirit
When you smell gasoline or mineral spirits from the washing machine, you need to immediately clean the equipment. This procedure is carried out in several stages.
- Pour baking soda into the compartment with the powder, turn on the program with a temperature of 30 ° C, and leave the drum empty.
- Then repeat the process with the addition of 9 percent table vinegar.
- Carry out the last wash at minimum temperature without using cleaners.
- After 24 hours, check if there is an extraneous odor. To do this, wash with unnecessary items or fabrics.
- If the method did not help the first time, then you need to repeat it.
When all possible methods have been exhausted, and the smell is present, try a chlorine-based product. It can be used only as a last resort. The instruction manual should contain a mention of whether it is permissible to apply chlorine to this model of a washing machine.
If the hoses are made of plastic and not rubber, the likelihood of spoiling the device is reduced. Before use, the bleach is diluted in proportions according to the instructions. The washing temperature should not exceed 30 ° C. This is enough to remove the smell of gasoline. After one cycle, another wash starts, but without additional funds.
Rubber elements are capable of absorbing gasoline particles more than other materials, therefore, after each washing, it is recommended to wipe them dry with a solution of baking soda. Be sure to leave the drum door open for a while and ventilate the room where the machine is located. Careful sorting of laundry and separate washing will help prevent unpleasant odors in the drum.
What to do if mold appears?
To prevent mold, thoroughly clean the parts of the washing machine. Most dirt accumulates in the seals and the powder container.
- A solution of soda, copper sulfate or vinegar will help get rid of unpleasant deposits. If you constantly rinse these parts, wipe them dry, then mold will not start and there will be no stench.
- When an unpleasant odor has just appeared, an ordinary soap solution will help. The launch of the “boiling” program will eliminate microorganisms and their breakdown product.
Timely processing of visible parts of the body and drum will protect against mold.
- Frequent washing at a temperature of 40 degrees using liquid products leads to the accumulation of fat and deposits on the drum and hoses. To prevent odors, wash regularly at 90 degrees and add a small amount of powder.
- Take out the laundry immediately after washing, without waiting for it to drain.
- Store clothes intended for washing in a separate basket. Contamination causes mold and fungus. After washing, keep the door open for as long as possible.
- Low-quality household chemicals can cause unpleasant odors. No descaler will help if a cheap powder or conditioner is regularly poured into the washing machine or poured.
- For the machine to last as long as possible, use water filters and change them regularly. It is important to clean the pump and drain hose regularly.
- The cause of unpleasant odors may be the incorrect connection of the drain to the sewer. Equipment installation should be done by a specialist.
The use of high-quality detergents and the constant prevention of scale and pollution will protect the washing machine from unpleasant odors, mold and breakdowns. Using equipment will not cause discomfort, a bad mood, and linen will always smell fresh and sparkle with cleanliness.