A good housewife, who constantly cooks and devotes a lot of time to cooking, cannot do without a quality oven - the main kitchen attribute. Therefore, the question of how to choose a good gas and electric oven is always relevant.
Oven - a magic cabinet that helps to realize culinary ideas. With its help, any hostess will prepare a tasty, healthy and vitamin dish. True, choosing a good product is not easy due to the huge range of models and prices.
Modern household appliances are characterized by high quality. Therefore, during the selection, be guided by the design, color, controls, additional functions and warranty period.
Models. The market offers standalone and dependent models. A conventional oven is only equipped with an on and off key. At the top of the dependent models is a hob with controls. Ovens are divided into electric or gas. To people who are trying save, it is better to pay attention to the gas version. If the quality of food comes first, give preference to the electric model.
Depth and Width. The depth of the ovens is the same. They differ only in width. The most functional appliances, the width of which is 65 cm or more.
Additional functions. Cleaning system, grill, digital timer or door that does not heat up. Additional features simplify cooking, but cost more.
If you are going to buy an oven, continue reading the article on how to choose a good oven.
The right choice of gas oven
Would you like to purchase an oven? Pay attention to the gas model. The choice of such a kitchen appliance is not an easy and responsible task. An oven is a serious household appliance, the purchase of which is accompanied by considerable costs. At the same time, the quality of the dishes that you prepare in it depends on functionality, convenience and reliability.
A modern gas oven is a multifunctional device characterized by a complex design. The right choice determines the level of pleasure when using the equipment. I will share step-by-step instructions for choosing a kitchen product.
- Dimensions. For a large kitchen, any oven is suitable. If there is no excess space, do not panic. Manufacturers offer compact models.
- Type of management. Almost all models are equipped with mechanical control, represented by handles and buttons. If you like a touch panel, such a technique is also for sale.
- Additional functions. The assortment is wide: grill, automatic arson, convection, heating programs. If you cook constantly, additional functions will simplify cooking.
- Gas control. Gas is a potentially hazardous substance to health. Take care of security. This is a gas control function. The cold door, which will prevent burns of animals and children, will not hurt.
- Type of. Having defined the criteria, choose the type of gas oven - built-in or independent. The first option effectively uses the kitchen space and increases the attractiveness of the kitchen design. A freestanding oven offers ample room for experimentation with space.
Now you can imagine how to choose a good gas oven and what to look for. In my opinion, there are enough functions: a cold door, a timer, a grill and convection.If the budget is unlimited, buy a more expensive model.
How to choose an electric oven
Electric ovens are rapidly gaining popularity, because they are modern, beautiful and functional. They are characterized by a high level of security and help to prepare delicious dishes.
If you buy a new electric oven, check out the material. This will help to get acquainted with the technical parameters of the equipment and make the right choice based on capabilities and needs.
- Width. When choosing an electric oven, be guided by the width. Most often, the figure is 60 centimeters, although there are wider and narrower models on the market. The parameters for height and depth are the same.
- Functions. Even a small set of functions is sufficient, including a timer and a temperature controller. Additional options speed up cooking, making it more diverse. We are talking about skewers, combined modes and convectors.
- Thermal probe. The most useful function is a temperature probe - a sensor that measures the temperature inside the product. If you want to cook lamb in the oven, the device will help to check the readiness of the meat and protect your hands from burns.
- Control. Most often, electric ovens are equipped with electronic or electromechanical control. The first option offers advanced programming features. The second is characterized by simplicity and reliability. Regardless of the type of control in the oven, you will find a small display with which you can track cooking.
- Cleaning. An important factor along with the design, type of control or the number of modes. Cheap models do not boast advanced technology. Therefore, sponges and detergents are used to clean the inside. Progressive technology is equipped with a catalytic or pyrolytic system. The first system decomposes pollution into water and carbon, the second burns them. For oven cleaning need one napkin or sponge.
- Security. Electric oven - a warehouse of security systems and protective functions. Among them, the mode lock, laminated glass, forced air circulation, automatic de-energization of the device and others.
- Options. Do not disregard other options, including a sound warning system, diagonal skewers, telescopic guides, glass docks, baking sheets, baking dishes and other accessories.
Now you know how to choose an electric oven. If cooking goodies - hobby, the purchase of a high-quality electric oven, will make the hobby interesting and exciting.
I like to stand by the stove. This activity brings a good pastime. I am happy when my culinary masterpieces find sincere praise among relatives and friends.
Tips for choosing a built-in oven
It is difficult to find a cook who does without an oven. If he has at his disposal various appliances with a huge number of functions, they will not replace a good oven, and this is a fact.
Based on the foregoing, one can draw simple conclusions that an oven should be present in every kitchen, and the question of how to choose a built-in oven is very relevant.
- Type of heating. First of all, determine the type of heating - electric or gas. Almost all electric ovens are characterized by ease of use and a decent set of functions. At the same time, their use is accompanied by high energy consumption and requires powerful wiring. If you buy a gas model, you will have to purchase and install a strong hood. Otherwise, the kitchen during cooking will be filled with odors and harmful gases.
- Width. As I said, the width of a classic oven is sixty centimeters, but the rate can vary. The main thing is that the equipment fits into the interior of the room and does not take up much space.The location should eliminate the need for bending and squats when cooking.
- Functions. Before choosing a built-in oven, consider what options and features you will need. Having determined the optimal set, you can save and do not overpay for useless options. The list of popular additions to the built-in oven includes: a timer, convection, a filter that absorbs odors and fats, a grill, a cold door, a temperature probe.
- Cleaning system. Pay special attention to the purification system, which is divided into catalytic and pyrolytic. Catalytic cleaning is represented by special enamel, which covers the inside of the oven. It breaks down fats well, so when cleaning it is enough to wipe with a napkin. Over time, enamel loses its properties. As a result, you will have to use traditional methods for washing. Pyrolytic treatment involves the thermal treatment of contaminants.
I shared my own point of view on the choice of embedded technology. You can heed the recommendations or ignore. I hope that the material will help in acquiring a high-quality and reliable built-in oven, in which you cook zander and many other delicious dishes.
How to wash the oven from grease and carbon deposits
Surely your family members like rosy cakes, meat casserole or roasted goose. When it comes to washing appliances, households quickly retire home, placing this difficult task on the shoulders of the cook. I will share quick and effective ways to clean the oven from carbon deposits and grease.
To cope with the task at home with water and a sponge will not work. An effective cleanser is required. Hardware stores offer a huge range of cleaning products. In most cases, inexpensive means do not help to fix the problem.
I recommend using products of famous brands, including Amway, Frosch and others. They easily cope with all kinds of pollution. It is enough to treat the surface with the product, wait a few hours and remove dirt with a sponge.
Proven folk remedies
If there are no such funds, folk remedies are suitable. Use household soap for cleaning. vinegar, baking soda and even ammonia.
- Soapy steam. Add a little detergent to hot water, pour the resulting mixture into a baking sheet and send to the oven. Close the door, turn on the device and set the temperature to 120 degrees. After half an hour, turn it off, and after cooling, wipe the walls with a damp cloth.
- Ammonia. Moisten a clean cloth in ammonia and wipe the inside of the oven. Close the door and leave the equipment alone until the next day. In the morning, dilute a little detergent in hot water and wipe the oven with a damp cloth.
- Soap, Soda and Vinegar. Put a bar of laundry soap through a grater into a large bowl and pour it with pops consisting of soda, vinegar and warm water. When the soap dissolves, cover the walls of the oven with the mixture. After a few hours, remove the mixture with dirt with a rag.
That’s all for me. Now you know how to choose a good oven, how to properly wash the appliance using purchased and folk remedies. I hope you make the right choice, and roasted salmon will leave only pleasant memories.