Pike is an expensive and anticipated spinning trophy. Every novice fisherman wants to catch a trophy pike, whose weight exceeds the mark of 5 kg. You guessed it, the article will focus on how to catch a pike.
The places in which the predator is found are diverse - thickets of water plants, pits with snags, backwaters, shelters. In calm reservoirs it is found at medium depths. Larger specimens live in depth. Shallow and medium sized fish like shallow water and shallows.
Pike is best caught in spring and autumn. On small rivers and in lakes, she begins to peck in early spring. In large bodies of water, a good pike nibble begins after a drop in water level. Until mid-June, the predator takes from morning to evening. Particular activity is observed in the morning and at sunset. If the street is cloudy or windy, pecks throughout the day.
Pike fishing is a gambling variety of fishing. For the sake of success, a fisherman must know the lifestyle, habitat and nature of prey.
The pike is a ruthless predator. The lack of easily accessible and stable production makes it more bloodthirsty and aggressive.
Professional fishermen advise paying special attention to the selection of baits, which are selected taking into account the strength of the current, the depth of the reservoir, snags and algae.
- In cold weather, the most effective slow spinners. If the fisherman wants to catch a pike for a splash, take baits that are easy to deliver to the right point in the reservoir.
- Even if you have a whole arsenal of lures, keep no more than five wobblers, twisters and spinners with you. In cloudy weather and at dusk, silver and brass spinners work well. If the water is clear and the lighting is good, it is recommended to use dull baits.
- You can start fishing for the “striped robber” at the end of March. By this time the fish has spawned and is actively eating. After the winter, the pike is very hungry and willingly takes all the lures. The predator actively feeds for several weeks, after which it moves to the whirlpool, from where it periodically goes hunting.
- Throw the bait closer to the vegetation. Pikes that live in the river are more energetic than lake relatives. For this reason, with fast flow, intensive wiring is done.
- In shallow reservoirs it is recommended to use small baits up to 5 cm long. It is best to use spinners that mimic the movements of a sick or wounded fish.
- If the pike refuses to take the bait, it is necessary to replace it. You might like something else from your arsenal. True, there are days that a predator refuses to peck at all, and no baits with intricate wiring will help.
Video Tips for Beginners
Initially, you will have to train in the accuracy of casting and work out the wiring technique, then boldly go to a pond and catch a river inhabitant. Fishing will be wonderful rest.
We catch pike on live bait
Fishing is multifaceted and exciting. hobbythat has won the hearts of many people. Highly popular among anglers is fishing for predatory fish, including pike. There are many ways to catch a predator.
You won’t be able to catch a pike without equipment. What is needed for this?
- Versha, finely mellow ravings and a small painter.
- Spinning or ordinary rod.
- Volumetric floats, heavy weights, metal leashes and a spinning reel.
Now let's talk about fishing itself, analyze the subtleties of a fascinating process and learn how to catch pike on live bait.
Prepare your gear first.If you intend to fish for a fishing rod, you will initially have to equip it. It is best to use a flexible and durable rod. The ideal option is a spinning rod. It is compact and allows long casts.
- Mount reel on rod. I recommend using the non-inertia option. Such a reel has an adjustable “ratchet”, which prevents the fish from breaking the line with sharp movements. Wrap about 30 meters of fishing line with a diameter of 0.35 mm onto the reel. To fix a float, a weight and a leash with a tee on a fishing line. The tackle is ready.
- Catch live bait. Use perch, crucian carp, roach, bleak or rudd of small size. Catch fish in shallow rivers and ponds. Use top or ravings.
- Determine the place of fishing. Pike are hunted in areas where it feeds. Among them are coves, coves, islands of vegetation and thickets of reeds. Potential prey is kept here - small fish.
- Catching. If using a fishing rod, put the fish on a hook, throw it and wait for a bite. If it is absent for 10 minutes, throw the gear in another place. During fishing, move along the thickets of reeds and grass.
There is nothing complicated in such fishing for a river predator. She is both interesting and fascinating. Take gear and go to the nearest body of water in search of a trophy, where you can relax and improve your health, because fishing is a great opportunity to stay in the fresh air.
Mugs are a formidable weapon in the hands of a river predator hunter. If you choose the right fishing tactics, the result will not be long in coming.
On large lakes and reservoirs, the fishing season is opened after the end of the pike zhora. By this time, the predator managed to spread out over the reservoir, and the peak of food falls in the morning or evening.
Mug fishing is a method tested by many experienced anglers. A circle is a disk in the center of which a stick is stuck. Some anglers make their own gear. If there is no such desire, buy mugs at the fishing store.
According to the rules written by anglers, it’s convenient to catch 10 circles at the same time. To such fishing left pleasant memories, use circles of the same weight. In this case, you can’t do without a boat, which you need to be able to manage.
Now let's talk directly about fishing.
- Choose a fishing spot. Certain aspects must coincide, including a flat bottom, sufficient depth, slow flow and optimal wind direction.
- Swim in the middle of the pond. On arrival, put live bait on a equipped circle, set the depth and slowly lower the structure into the water element. Set circles in a checkerboard pattern after 5 meters.
- Choose a parking spot. From it should see all the circles. Only in this case notice bites. If pike fishing occurs on a large river, use binoculars. The device will help to timely see the bite or unplanned movement of the circles.
- Wait for the bite. If the circle turned upside down and showed a white abdomen, swiftly swim towards it on the boat. For a certain time, he will spin in place. When he quickly heads in a certain direction you need to hook. If coastal vegetation is nearby, you can’t time with a hook, otherwise the predator will go into the grass along with the tackle.
- Advice. If you swam to the mug and did not find anything after biting, do not worry. This is a common occurrence. The circle could turn over under the influence of a strong wind or large live bait.
Catching pike in circles is very exciting, and if there are a lot of predatory fish in the pond, it is also active. It remains only to put the acquired knowledge into practice.
How to fish for pike
Winter pike fishing is not only fascinating, but also catchy.Normal fishing involves the use of 20 zerglas, which they make on their own or buy in the store. The latter option is simpler and faster.
In the dead of winter it is much more difficult to catch at the girders. The ice thickness at this time reaches a mark of 60 cm, and severe frosts cause rapid freezing of the holes. In terms of performance, it is very low.
It is not difficult to catch a pike on the last ice, and the results are more pleasant. In March, a professional angler catches about 15 pike in one day. The ice has already become thin, it is easy to drill holes, and they are not in a hurry to freeze.
Let's talk about the methods and tactics of catching a river predator on the girders.
- After freezing, the pike goes to remote places. They differ in sandy bottom, weak current and the presence of snags. It takes several days to find promising places. Girders are exposed four meters from the coastal zone. Furthermore, the depth is 2 meters.
- During parking, pike digest food or wait for prey. If you drill a hole above it, it will not be scared. At this time, she is inactive. Parasites and leeches on the skin are evidence of this.
- The distance between the girders is kept at 3 meters to catch a large area of the reservoir. As soon as you have finished setting the vents, proceed to catch the bait fish.
- Anglers recommend using small-sized freshwater fish. For example, catching perch in winter is not so difficult.
- After that, you have to charge the vents. Tee pierce the fish under the upper fin. It remains to measure the depth, lower the bait fish into the water and charge the flag.
- As soon as the flag shoots, they quickly approach the zergil and cut it. If successful, the trophy is on the ice.
Winter fishing for zerlitsa
Catching pike on the zergirls is not very difficult, and the pleasure it brings will easily eclipse physical fatigue. It remains to wait for the winter, go to your favorite pond and try to seduce a large pike with a small perch.
The article on how to catch a pike has come to an end. There are many ways to capture a river predator and each of them deserves attention. I don’t know which fishing method you prefer, but I’ll say with confidence that in any case you will get a lot of positive emotions and unforgettable feelings.