Often days off, which are associated with the May holidays, pass pretty quickly. This is a time when working people from all over the country can spend time with their families, relax, and do unresolved business.
The smart decision of the government, such as the transfer of holidays, helps to relax in the best way. A well-designed weekend schedule for the May holidays in 2020 provides an opportunity for extra relaxation for the entire working population of the country.
Official holidays in May in Russia
Official holidays in May 2020:
- World Labor Day - May 1;
- Victory Day - May 9th.
Let's take a closer look at the weekend calendar:
- May 1 is World Labor Day. In 2020, falls on Friday, is considered officially a holiday. Next comes May 2 and 3 - also a weekend - due to the transfer of the New Year holidays (postponed on January 5 and 6). And that's not all! Two more days were added to them - on May 4 and 5.
- May 9 on the calendar falls on Saturday, so the weekend will be on the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th. May 8 will be a shortened day, and 13 - the beginning of the work week.
- In May 2020, workers will rest for 9 days.
It can be concluded that people will rest in the following days:
- May 1-5 inclusive.
- May 9-12 inclusive.
The advantage of such a calendar is that the working rhythm is not lost, because the total number of working days in May is 18, and not working days - 13. This includes 2 holidays.
Usually people go to the country house or to a country house on May 1. There they prepare plots for planting vegetables, repair summer houses, decorate the territory, so it is important to know what the weekend will be in May 2020.
In 2020, a calendar works in which all the days off that were officially rescheduled in connection with the holidays are marked. It was based on a decision of the Government of the Russian Federation, which adopted a resolution on the transfer of holidays.
Often this calendar notes:
- Red - where there is a transfer and / or connection of weekends, as well as holidays, which will help the residents of Russia to have a good rest.
- In any other color or using the mark "asterisk", short working days that precede the holidays are marked.
What to do during the holidays for adults
On holidays, many tend to be out of town to spend time with loved ones. Vacations are best suited for planting vegetables, camping, recovering the body after winter.
142 different countries celebrate May 1 to emphasize the importance of the working class. To do this, organize meetings and demonstrations.
May 9 - Victory Day. For over seventy years, the country celebrates this holiday. On this day, parades of military personnel are held, in which many different military equipment takes part. All this embodies the importance of maintaining peace on Earth.
How to have fun for children and adolescents
With children, you can have a great May holidays by choosing an educational program that will help them develop. The program includes visits to museums, workshops, exhibitions, galleries and theaters.
To have fun, go with the children to the zoo, amusement park, water park, picnic or have dinner on the street. Children will be happy if they are given the opportunity to participate in the preparation of dinner.
Teenagers are interested in self-rest. You can send them abroad or on a tour of Russian cities.The best choice is to visit music festivals, relax with friends in nature.
On May holidays, concerts are held at the main squares of any Russian city and offer a variety of entertainment, which are divided by age categories.
To make the holiday a success, pay attention to the following tips.
- When planning to go on a picnic, take care of the packaging of food. It is not necessary to bring glass, ceramic or metal dishes with you. You can choose plastic analogues, which after use are simply thrown into the ballot box.
- Take care of mosquito repellentthat may already be in full swing. Buy specialized repellents or make them yourself at home, such as lemons and cloves.
- If you are going on a picnic, bring along an adhesive tape or duct tape. This is a universal tool that helps to seal torn clothes, get rid of ticks, fix any details.
- Get ready for barbecue, finding out interesting marinade recipes. For example, unusual, but very tasty, meat is obtained in a beer or coffee marinade.
- Think in advance where to go. If this is a trip abroad or to a Russian city on an excursion, then book your tickets and place of residence in advance.
- You can go for a walk on a boat that will give unforgettable emotions.
- Try to plunge into new entertainment for yourself, for example, visit the quest room.
- Go hiking all night to enjoy the beauty of the surrounding nature.
May holidays, like the rest of the weekend in 2020, provide an opportunity for working people to relax. For most, these are walks in the fresh air, trips to the country, meetings with friends, activities with children. They traditionally go in pairs: two holidays that are celebrated by all residents of the country.