They tried to artificially connect the Crimean peninsula with the mainland more than once in the past 150 years, because such a crossing has an important strategic character. The last project for the construction of a bridge to the Crimea began to be developed in the mid-2000s, and with the accession of the peninsula to Russia, the process was accelerated. When will the bridge be completed, and citizens will be able to freely enter the peninsula?
Description and difficulties of the project
The project of connecting the Crimean Peninsula with the mainland of Russia was included in the plan for the strategic development of the country's transport back in 2008. After 2 years, this was discussed between the heads of state: Russia and Ukraine.
The project consists of two independent bridges located parallel to each other: one of them has a highway, on the other there is a railway. The crossing relies on 7 thousand piles and 600 piers.
Main technical specifications:
- Type - truss with an arch;
- The length of the arch is about 230 m;
- The length of the highway 17 - km;
- The length of the railway is 18 km;
- Automobile lanes - 4 carriageways;
- Railways - 2 railways;
- The height of the bridge is 80 m;
- Distance over the sea - 35 m.
The bridge begins on the Taman Peninsula, crosses the Black Sea, reaching the island of Tuzla. Crossing the island and the Tuzlinskaya spit, heading towards the port of Kerch. Having a transport interchange in each city, it will be connected to federal highways.
Cars will be able to reach speeds of up to 120 km / h on it. According to the project, the project capacity reaches 40 thousand cars and 50 pairs of trains per day.
The bridge has special arches for passage of vessels at any time. A smooth rise of the road was made on this section, ensuring the passage of trains and cars.
The complexity of the project lies in the fact that the bridge is located in the area of severe storms. It passes over a tectonic fault. The main problem is the safety of metal supports from the damaging effects of sea water, winds, earthquakes, and the movement of ice. To protect the strength from natural influences, piles of various types were used.
The structural strength is designed to withstand an earthquake of 9 points. Of course, the arches will not withstand such a force of the elements, but the piles and supports will be preserved, which will allow to restore damaged areas in a short time.
Construction began in 2016. Six months before this, preparatory work was carried out. According to official data, in mid-June 2016 a technical construction plan was approved. In September, excavation work began on leveling the ground near the city of Kerch, and mine clearance of shells since the Great Patriotic War. In Taman, construction of approaches began in the month of October. In February 2016, an estimate was approved.
- In early March 2016, officially announced the construction.
- At the first stage, the automobile part was built.
- In mid-April, the first pillars began to be erected in the region of Tuzla Island.
- May - the beginning of the construction of towers in offshore areas The construction of slipways is completed.
- In June 2016, flights began to be erected from the Taman Peninsula.
- In the fall, installation of shipping arches began. By this time, the construction of supporting infrastructures was completed.
- At the end of October, the installation of concrete slabs for roads began.
- In February 2017, the laying of the roadway web began.
- June 2017 - completion of the assembly of arches over the railway part. July - over the automobile.
- In December, the construction of spans was completed.
The opening of the automobile part of the bridge is scheduled for the end of 2018. In 2019, they will open the second part - the railway connection.
Latest news for 2018
In 2018, the construction of the automobile bridge will be completed. In January, they are completing work on the automotive part: installation of fences, lighting, full coverage with asphalt concrete. Construction is ahead of schedule.
The railway part of the Crimean bridge is being built at an accelerated pace. In 2018, its construction will be carried out at maximum capacity.
For the year will be built:
- The remaining 20% of piles and supports.
- The construction of 80% of the spans.
- Laying the railway.
Since the beginning of the year 8-8, antiseismic devices have been installed. They are located between the supports and spans, these are shock transmitters. They distribute the load on the bridge evenly and smooth out the movement of the supports.
Where to watch online cameras
Many sites offer to monitor the construction in real time.
- On the official website of the project www.most.life You can find the latest information, the latest news, a construction chronicle and multimedia data.
- You can watch the bridge through online cameras at the link crimea-media.ru/Web_Kerch_Bridge.html
The construction of the bridge across the Kerch Strait is ahead of schedule. A significant part of the complex work has already been completed by the beginning of 2018. After 2 years, the bridge will operate at full capacity. This will ensure transport accessibility to the Crimean peninsula, which to some extent will improve the economy of the region.
According to the results of the All-Russian vote, residents chose the official name of the project "Crimean Bridge". After completion of construction, it will be applied to all topographic maps.