Depending on the psychological characteristics, they are divided into introverts and extroverts. A particular type is characterized by behavioral patterns and directivity of internal energy. In the article I will consider the answers to the questions: “Who is this an introvert?” And “Who is an extrovert and an ambivert?”.
Most people in the world are extroverts. They like to talk and relax in noisy companies, to get new experiences.
An introvert is a person whose life energy is directed inside himself. He openly does not show emotions, does not express thoughts and feelings. A true introvert does not feel comfortable in a big company, especially if he is surrounded by strangers. He will never be the first to make contact and always remains secretive, even with a few friends. Find a girl for such a person is extremely problematic.
In the world of outgoing extroverts, introverts are extremely difficult. They worry, experience mental anguish, focus on a specific situation. People surrounding the introvert do not notice anxiety, do not seek to provide support and assistance of a psychological nature.
Introvert character traits
I propose to consider the character traits of the introvert. A detailed study of behavior patterns will help us. To consider introverts extremely shy is not right. They are in constant communication with a small group of people and shun crowded companies.
What additional character traits do true introverts have?
- It is extremely rare to make acquaintances. For introverts, this is fraught with significant energy costs. Therefore, their social circle is modest.
- Introverts feel uncomfortable in a large company or crowd. Any event, protest or meeting, brings great discomfort.
- The upcoming interview makes the introvert very nervous. The first minutes of the conversation, he tries to concentrate, then reaches maximum concentration and begins to deftly show abilities.
- The main advantage is honesty. He remains faithful to friends, albeit a few.
- Introverts try to relax and restore energy in proud solitude. For a short time they are isolated from society and do nothing. After activity resumes.
- An introvert cannot immediately trust a stranger. In the process of creating a relationship, you need to be patient and wait.
- Other people like an introvert by their own politeness. An introvert tries to create an extremely comfortable and pleasant environment for any guest.
- Planning is important. They think in advance and carefully, try to achieve a balance between loneliness and communication.
Video "How to be an introvert"
If there are such people in the environment, do not try to condemn them. Try to understand the features of their behavior.
Introvert behavior in life
Each person has a personality who leaves the noisiest holiday before everyone, citing the need to relax, or does not want to look into the bar after work, justifying the decision with some important reason.Do not look for a catch or try to catch it. Most likely, he is telling the truth and just wants to relax. This is the behavior of the introvert in life.
- The main feature of the introvert: the source of its energy is memories, emotions and experiences. From constant communication, he is very tired. A few hours of solitude allow you to cheer up and prepare for the next meeting with the outside world.
- Introverts can focus on a specific activity. Alone they read, watch best new year movies, knit, walk, do art or sports.
- For a long time, introverts can be in one place and observe a certain event - the course of the river or the game of children. They even prefer to work alone, because constant contacts are very exhausting. Introverts make wonderful researchers and scientists
- An introvert is a punctual and well-organized personality. He is laconic and restrained in manifestations, thoughtful, prudent and seemingly absolutely calm.
- Before expressing an idea or taking a specific step, the introvert will think it over carefully. Often the slowness of introverts is ridiculed by extroverts.
Introverts are assigned modesty and uncertainty, which is not entirely correct. Of course, demonstrative behavior is not characteristic of an introvert, but he is confident in his own abilities and has a high self-esteem. Just the environment does not understand his inner world.
Types of Introverts
Introversion is a condition when psychic energy is directed inward. Introverts use their methods to adapt to society. Psychologists have long considered this condition to be a defect in personal development.
Now it is clearly known that introversion is manifested in human behavior and in the features of the brain. The behavior of different introverts can vary significantly.
4 types of introverts
- Social. Within a small company, social introverts are chatty, relaxed, and sociable. They carefully choose the environment and reveal only in a comfortable environment. They work alone, the presence of strangers takes energy and prevents concentration. A prolonged lack of communication is not scary, but the need to feel practical, to be among people and observe the behavior is present.
- Thoughtful. Such introverts pay much attention to thoughts, introspection, and the inner world. They can boast of highly developed intuition and the ability to evaluate the world, using their own experiences as a prism. Be creative and invest a piece of the soul. Work that is performed according to the instructions does not suit them. Sometimes find a job thoughtful introverts are problematic.
- Disturbing. Anxious introverts prefer loneliness because they feel uncomfortable in their surroundings. Communicating with people often do not understand the interlocutors and find themselves in an awkward situation. Only under the conditions of regulated communication do disturbing introverts feel comfortable. The behavior is precautionary, from others expect goodwill and predictability.
- Restrained. Such introverts give the impression of a slow personality. Before doing anything or saying something, they think it over. After awakening, they need time to recover. Restrained introverts often put forward balanced and reasonable proposals, their thoughts are characterized by solidity and depth. This quality is an excellent counterweight to the activity of a bright extrovert.
The behavior of people depending on the type is significantly different. Some do not avoid communication, others are true fans of lonely pastime.
How do introverts work?
An introvert will not be able to make money in the field of sales, since such work involves communication with a client, improvisation, and the proper construction of a dialogue. These qualities do not correspond to the behavior of introverts.Work in a large company is also not suitable, as being in an office building crowded with other company employees will not bring comfort. A psychologist or teacher is not.
These professions require close communication with strangers, which for the introvert is fraught with great stress. The question arises: how do introverts work? Answering him, I’ll say that when looking for a job, an introvert should take into account its strengths - a thorough analysis of information and the destruction of stereotypes.
- Writer. The profession contributes to the merging of unity and love of creativity. The writer can stay at home and work for days. He practically does not communicate and uses creative abilities to the maximum.
- Accountant. The head of the accountant is filled with numbers, reports and acts. He lives in a world of numbers and tries not to be distracted by the people around him. Outsourcing is growing in popularity when work can be done at home while sitting on the couch.
- Designer. Wonderful opportunity to work remotely and maximize creativity. An experienced designer can get a large and highly paid project. This way of earning can provide a good income.
- Copywriter. The work is suitable for an introvert who is fluent in Russian and is able to write texts. Communication with customers is carried out through social networks or email, and high-quality execution of orders brings good money.
- Translator. The profession requires knowledge of a foreign language and provides an opportunity to break out of office slavery. The customer is only interested in the result, and the introvert is able to provide it.
- Programmer. The variant is ideally suited to a melancholic introvert who needs access to computer equipment for normal operation. Thanks to temperament, such people communicate little in real life, but there are real activists on the Internet.
The professions that I named allow you to work at home. If they do not fit, you will have to deal with sending out resumes and preparing for an interview.
Video description of introverts and extroverts
Extrovert - who is it?
It is no less interesting to know what an extrovert is.
Extraversion is the scientific name for the condition when a person seeks to make contact with the objects surrounding him, longs for communication and fulfillment of desires. True extroverts in the pursuit of the fulfillment of desires quickly waste life energy.
Many extroverts are characterized by violent external activity and continuous expansion of the circle of communication. Lack of communication extroverts a lot of pain. Locking them can cause serious stress or depression.
Extrovert Character Traits
An extrovert is a person who does not think of existence without society. Self-expression is achieved exclusively in society and on condition that he approves it. Extraverts usually make excellent politicians, singers, speakers, actors, public figures and dancers.
A characteristic feature of an explicit extrovert is talkativeness. Usually it is oriented towards friendly communication, but it is highly dependent on public opinion. There are other signs of extrovert that dominate the character.
- Ambition. A true extrovert is constantly striving to win, to be the first in the team, to receive awards and letters of merit.
- Talkativeness. Since childhood, such people have something to answer during the conversation. Practice shows that extroverts speak more than listen.
- Emotional freedom. Extroverts, being in public, can easily be felt, burst into tears or laugh. Outsiders are not a barrier to expressing emotions.
- Sincerity. Everything that a real extrovert does is done with the heart. He can cry both from resentment and from happiness.
- Sympathy. An extrovert is not able to stay away and be cold. At any time, he can share money, words of support, useful advice or opinion.
- Squandering. Vivid extroverts like spending money. They do it regularly and tastefully. This character trait has a disadvantage - inability save.
- Love for "freebie". An extrovert perceives any gift of fate as a tribute to his personality or due favor. He likes not to do anything and get the desired things for it.
- Great taste. Since childhood, extroverts have an excellent taste, the ability to dress beautifully and the ability to correctly combine colors.
Extrovert self-expression is focused on the outside world. Such people are dependent on others because they cannot live normally without constant communication.
Extrovert behavior in life
It is believed that extroverts are more successful in work and life than introverts. There is some truth in this. According to statistics, it is the extroverts who own the world, they account for about 70 percent of the world's population.
These persistent, sociable and incredibly active people are able to quickly achieve good results, which can not boast of weighing, thinking and slow proteges. Let's take a closer look at the behavior of an extrovert in life.
- Extroverts are characterized by violent sociability, initiative, activity and openness to the world. They like to speak to an audience and listen to words of praise. An extrovert instantly adapts to new conditions, although he does not like planning and spontaneous actions are peculiar.
- An extrovert can have a deep inner world. He is not a superficial person. The inner “I” uses it extremely rarely, and uses thoughts, feelings, emotions and actions to achieve new goals.
- In life, extroverts show emotions in every possible way and never hide feelings and feelings. When important events are approaching or occurring - the birth of a child or wedding anniversary, they are happy to share information with their surroundings, using facial expressions and violent gestures.
- Extroverts do not figure out what other people are motivated to do a certain thing. They require directness and do not accept hints.
- Extroverts treat other people with understanding, but do not always understand themselves. There are times when personal feelings and emotions become an enigma for an extrovert. Conscious empathy with a lack of shyness allows them to easily make new friends and expand their circle of friends.
- An extrovert often has good ideas, but the constancy and monotony scares away from the beginning of their implementation. They like to work in a team when a colleague can finish the work that has begun.
Extroverts are quite interesting and sociable personalities, without problems with sociability and dating. They lack independence, which is offset by activity in society.
During the conversation, we learned that the extrovert is an emancipated person, characterized by active interaction with society. He has energy comfort in the first place. He makes contact at ease even in cases where the interlocutor is extremely unfriendly.
- Ethical Touch. This type of extrovert is represented by active optimists with excellent taste. They are aimed at stability, but have problems with planning, due to the inability to calculate their own time.
- Intuitive logic. They are characterized by excellent intuition and quick reaction to the situation. In the first place, work and career are invariably located. Such extroverts are very trusting, but do not reckon with the feelings of others.
- Sensory logic. Decisive and extremely initiative pragmatists actively participating in various events. They can boast of high resistance to stress, but painfully endure criticism and disruption of plans.
- Intuitive ethical. Extroverts of this kind like sharing emotions and acquiring original things. They are able to conduct behavioral analysis and have the gift of persuasion. Not friendly with instructions and formalities.
There are times when an introvert can change the psychotype and attitude towards society. Carefully read the characteristics of the opposite and try to get them. To achieve the goal, it will be necessary to become more sociable, to master the technique of manifesting the initiative and more often to be in noisy companies.
How to work an extrovert?
The concept of "extrovert" appeared in psychology at the beginning of the last century. A man has this property of character from birth. It affects the choice of profession.
Extroverts enjoy an active social life. In work, they motivate themselves with success, recognition, material, career and psychological encouragement. In the process of choosing a profession, they prefer to work in large organizations with a hierarchy.
The most suitable professions
- Educator. Children are close to extroverts because of their openness and curiosity. Such a person can safely work in kindergarten or school. This work he won’t be bored.
- Secretary. The profession provides the desire and ability to help another person. It is possible that the personal life of an extrovert may fade into the background, but this is offset by the status of an active accomplice and a powerful motivation in the form of rewards.
- Correspondent. The list of the main advantages of this correspondent is presented by sociability and curiosity. Only an open person who is ready for constant communication and not afraid of unexpected situations can work successfully in this area.
- Administrator. Extroverts are able to organize and motivate people. These qualities should have a good administrator. Discipline with confidence and interest allows the extrovert to solve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Policeman. Officer career attractive to extroverts, because it is characterized by a strict hierarchy and rank system. Using the opportunities, such a person will be able to achieve good results, and the role of the defender will give a certain charm.
- Lawyer. The lawyer working in the courtroom resembles a tamer of wild animals. With the help of a clever gesture and an unexpected question, he is able to turn the situation around and pull the ward out of the swamp. A good lawyer can play on the feelings of outsiders and keep the attention of society. Only an extrovert can do this.
This is not a complete list of professions that are ideal for an extrovert. Such people can work as a guide, advertising manager, HR specialist or translator. The main thing is that the profession helps to unlock potential.
Ambibert - who is it?
In the article we talked about introverts and extroverts. Is there a "middle ground" - a man who combines all the qualities? It turned out yes. It's about an ambivert. Such people feel great both in solitude and in a noisy company. They often change the environment.
For a real ambivert, communication in a company is permissible provided that it is of a short nature. Frequent meetings with other people are stressful.
Ambiverts pay special attention to self-education. Prolonged loneliness has a negative effect on morale. Often leads to discontent and depression.
There are a number of fundamental differences defining ambivers. The main distinguishing feature is the ability to easily switch to another state.
Psychological portrait of an ambivert
- Active action is replaced by third-party surveillance. This is not to say that the ambivert was "wound up." But, he can easily participate in various events. True, with the following similar events, one should not expect support from the ambivert, since it will go into surveillance mode.
- A mixture of fun and tikhoni. People from the ambivert environment describe his tastes, wishes, preferences and character traits in different ways. He may be active or remain passive depending on the occupation and his condition. Some friends call him a carefree jolly, others call him a cold and judicious gentleman.
- Star of festivals. Ambivert can happily drop in at a social party, for example, New Years corporate party, and become an excellent conversationalist. He attends such events with a certain frequency.
- Ability to transform. The environment or the current situation may cause the transformation of an ambivert. From the ringleader he instantly turns into a regular visitor or vice versa.
- Teamwork and loneliness. Ambivieres easily perceive the need to work in a team, but they also cope well with tasks and responsibilities on their own. This is provided that a person understands a specific area. In some cases, he may seek help, however, he will feel discomfort.
I finish the material devoted to introverts, extroverts and ambivers. I hope you find the article useful and you can use it to learn something new about yourself. Good luck