Greetings, dear fashionistas and beauties! In the article I will tell you what to do if the skin on the face is dry and peeling. Consider the causes, effective methods of treatment with folk remedies and the prevention of the problem.
Facial skin is the most unprotected place on the human body. Every day, in any weather, the face is always open. Naturally, in such conditions, insufficient moisture, frost, cold, wind and sun constantly affect the skin.
Most of all, facial skin suffers in cold weather. Under the influence of low temperature, the upper layer of the skin becomes thinner and becomes dry. This very unpleasant problem that all women face accelerates the aging process.
The main cause of dryness and peeling is a lack of sebum and moisture. Most often, drinking insufficient water in combination with drinking leads to this. coffee and sweet foods. In addition to poor nutrition, a deficiency of vitamins, inappropriate cosmetics, which negatively affect the condition of the skin and cause an allergic reaction, lead to the appearance of a problem.
Now the conversation will focus on methods that will help normalize the condition of the skin and restore a healthy look. Believe me, there is nothing complicated, most importantly, desire.
The fight against dryness and peeling should begin with the identification of the root cause and its elimination. In particular, track the amount of fluid consumed, give up sweets and coffee, include fruits, nuts and vegetables saturated with fiber and vitamins in the diet.
Ideally, be examined by a dermatologist. If this is not possible, and the cause of dryness and peeling remains unknown, listen to the following recommendations for the use of folk remedies.
At home, without special difficulties, you can make a cream, cleanser, tonic, lotion or mask. To do this, you will need vegetable oil, natural yogurt, sour cream and cream.
- To make milk, mix 50 ml of cream with a similar amount of milk and two tablespoons of chamomile flowers. Boil the mixture in a water bath for about half an hour. The tonic is made even easier - the juice of one cucumber is mixed with a spoon honey.
- To make a cream, two parts coconut oil combine with one part of honey and the same amount of lemon juice. The product is recommended to be stored in the refrigerator in a closed container for no more than two weeks.
- There are many masks for flaky and dry skin. Recipes for making effective masks will be discussed below.
Now you have an idea of what to do if the skin on your face is dry and peeling. Means, the preparation technique of which I described, are very simple, but effective. When a problem occurs, you should not run and buy an expensive cream. To get started, use the recipes below to save money and protect your body from the effects of chemistry, which is often found in cosmetics, especially uncertified or fake ones.
Causes of dry skin on the face
There are many factors that contribute to dehydration and the deficiency of fat produced by the sebaceous glands. If the factors are hereditary, the solution to the problem is reduced to regular and proper care of the face. If dryness and peeling are caused by other circumstances that can be changed or eliminated, you need to make a little effort and put your skin in order.
A problem due to dryness and peeling can appear suddenly and for various reasons. Among them:
- Prolonged exposure to frost or sun.
- The set of age-related changes.
- Disorders of the nervous system and diseases of the digestive system.
- Disturbed work of the sebaceous glands.
- Wrong choice and further use of cosmetics.
- Improper care.
As you can see, the problem appears both through the fault of the person and independently of his actions. If dryness and peeling are caused by a factor that can be affected, it will be possible to restore and stabilize the balance of fat and water inside the cells quite quickly. Along with eliminating the cause, provide the face skin with thorough, competent and appropriate care for the situation.
The urgency of the problem increases in cold weather. Winter is an extremely difficult time for the body. Not only does the cold air in the street negatively affect the skin condition, but also the dry indoor air enhances the effect.
The skin itself is constantly caring. The sebaceous glands actively produce a lubricant that protects against environmental influences, while maintaining a beautiful, supple and normally moisturized appearance. In some cases, the skin's own protective properties are not enough. Therefore, she has to help using night creams, lotions and other means.
Treatment of dry skin on the face at home
Continuing the topic of conversation, we consider the treatment of dry skin on the face at home with the help of serums, gels and creams. For this purpose, cosmetics, which include hyaluronic acid, are still suitable.
Enormous benefits to dry skin bring products containing fatty acids, phospholipids and ceramides. We are talking about affordable and simple preparations that help to normalize not only the skin of the face, but also the skin of the whole body.
5 effective folk recipes
- Milk compress. Moisten a paper towel in milk and apply to the problem area for 5 minutes. If there is no milk at hand, kefir or whey is suitable.
- Aloe juice. Aloe juice will eliminate dry skin. Cut the thoroughly washed sheet lengthwise and carefully remove the pulp. Using a cotton pad soaked in the treatment mixture, gently wipe the skin. This will remove the dead cells.
- Beeswax. A wonderful remedy for peeling and dry skin. In a water bath, melt a spoonful of wax and a couple of spoons of lanolin, add a spoonful of aloe juice and a spoonful of olive oil to the resulting liquid, wipe dry areas of the skin on the face with a tool.
- Sunflower Oils. Wipe face linen, rapeseed, pink, peach or apricot oil. Simple products take care of your skin’s health.
- Epsom salt. If you want to restore skin elasticity, take a warm bath with the addition of two glasses of Epsom salt. After the water procedure, you should not wipe yourself.
Now a few recommendations about nutrition. If your skin is dry and peeling, make up for the deficiency of linoleic acid found in sesame, olive, soy and linseed oil. Add it to salads. Include walnuts and oily fish in your diet.
Vitamins “A”, “B” and “C”, selenium and zinc should be included in the diet of a person with dry skin. Eat meat, cabbage, fish, buckwheat, green onions, tomatoes and carrots, nuts, pumpkin seeds and cheese regularly.
For dry skin on your face, drink water, herbal juices and teas. Exclude from the drinking diet beercoffee and soda. A day is recommended to drink within 1500 ml of water. Start your morning with a glass of clean water. This simple technique will start metabolic processes and replenish the balance of fluid that was spent overnight.
Summing up, I will highlight 4 basic tips to combat dry skin on the face.
- Drink half a liter of water daily.
- Eat flaxseed oil.
- Pay particular attention to plant and raw foods. Not talking about raw food. About 40% of the diet should fall on the share of such products.
- Care for your skin using the right products.
If several weeks of intensive care using the listed products does not disappear, dry skin, go to the endocrinologist. Perhaps the cause of the problem was a deficiency of thyroid hormones.
Masks for moisturizing the skin at home
A problem associated with dry skin indicates a decrease in glandular activity. Therefore, the fat they produce is not enough to form an optimal protective layer. Therefore, it is recommended to use masks based on a large number of moisturizing components.
Before the mask, be sure to cleanse your face with a steam compress, tonic or gel. The main thing is to apply the mask to clean skin.
11 proven mask recipes
- Oils. Lightly warm the vegetable oil, soak a cotton swab in it and apply to the area of dry skin for a third of an hour. Remove mask residues with wet cotton. At the end of the procedure, wet your face with a cold damp towel.
- Apricot. Moisten a clean cloth in apricot juice and put on face. Before this, wipe the skin with lotion or sour cream. To remove a homemade mask, use a regular cotton ball. I recommend the procedure three times a week. If the face is acne, do not apply the mask.
- Cornflowers. Pour a spoonful of cornflowers with a small volume of water and boil a little. After cooling, add a little lemon juice and rye flour to the broth. A third of the hour after application, rinse off with warm water.
- Raspberry. Squeeze the juice out of one hundred grams of berries and strain thoroughly. Combine raspberry juice with two tablespoons of milk, moisten gauze in liquid and apply to face.
- Watermelon. Moisten a small piece of gauze in watermelon juice and apply on face. After 20 minutes, gently remove the tissue, and wash your face and treat with a nourishing cream.
- Squash. Grated zucchini put on gauze, which is attached to the problem point. This mask helps to cleanse and moisturize the skin, has an excellent tonic effect and eliminates age spots.
- Banana. Mash a ripe banana and mix with a spoonful of milk. The resulting mixture to cover the skin of the face. To remove the mask, use a cotton pad moistened with warm water.
- St. John's wort. Combine a spoonful of water with the same volume of olive oil, a dozen drops of vitamin "E" and half a spoonful of St. John's wort. After mixing thoroughly, apply the mixture to the surface of dry skin and rinse after 15 minutes.
- Grapefruit. Beat a spoonful of vegetable oil with a spoonful of grapefruit juice, mix with a spoonful of sour cream and gently apply on face. Home mask is ideal for high-quality care for flaky and moisturized skin.
- Birch leaves. Boil a spoonful of raw materials with boiling water and insist about two hours. Mix the infusion with a spoonful of melted butter or regular skin cream. Apply to the skin with cotton.
- Grape. Moisten a piece of clean gauze in grape juice and apply to face. With this simple mask, make your skin velvety, fresh and supple.
If you have dry skin, masks at home will solve the problem.I think you managed to make sure that the listed mask options are as simple as possible to manufacture, but provide an effect that cannot be overestimated, especially if you combine them with cosmetic ice.
How to care for dry and flaky skin
The final part of the story is devoted to the rules for the care of flaky and dry skin. Sometimes the beauty is forced to catch her face covered with a flaky crust or “crow's feet” appearing under her eyes. It is not right. If you have dry skin, try to understand that constant care is the only guarantee of success.
- Wash only in the evenings. Doing the procedure in the morning, wash off the fat produced by the glands overnight. As a result, the skin will lose a protective barrier that protects against external influences.
- For washing use water at room temperature. It is recommended to take a warm shower. Hot water is best avoided.
- Forget about tap water. Wash better with settled, cooled after boiling or filtered water.
- Wash without soap, use a foam or moisturizing gel. After washing, do not rub your face with a towel, but slightly dampen the moisture.
- Dry skin care involves the use of carefully selected products. Products should be from the same series. Necessarily must be marked "moisturizing."
- Before buying funds, be sure to study the composition. Discard alcohol-containing products, as it dries the skin greatly. This fact must be taken into account during the preparation of lotions and masks.
- Use makeup products competently and restraintly. On the skin of the face can be applied powder with protective filters or foundation with a moisturizing effect.
- Before sending to bed, be sure to remove makeup from the face. For this purpose, special tools are provided, including cosmetic milk.
- Fix drinking mode. If your skin is excessively dry, drink as much water as possible. The daily rate should be - within two liters.
- Proper nutrition is the key to success. It is recommended to consume spices and spicy dishes, alcoholic drinks and soda as little as possible. All this has a diuretic effect and evaporates moisture, worsening the condition of the skin.
- Every six months, drink a course of multivitamins. If your face is covered with a scaly crust, pay special attention to vitamins "A" and "E", which are many in fish oil.
- In the room where you are constantly, the air should be fresh and humidified. Always ventilate the workplace or apartment or use a humidifier.
- Experts do not recommend women with dry skin types to go to saunas or pools. It is undesirable to engage in sports, accompanied by profuse sweat.
- Before water procedures in a pool or natural body of water, cover your face with a layer of oily cream.
- Do not expose the skin to prolonged exposure to low temperature or the sun. If this cannot be avoided, a protective cream will come to the rescue.
- If you really want to moisturize your face, you’ll have to quit smoking.
I think that now you have a complete picture and it is well known what to do if the skin on your face is dry and peeling. The techniques, methods, recipes and recommendations that I shared are fairly simple and affordable. If you strive for a result, be sure to cope with them.
If the essence of the problem hides much deeper or the problem is severely neglected, forget about embarrassment and go to the doctor for help. He will conduct an examination and prescribe the optimal course of treatment.