Naturally white tooth enamel is not given to everyone. For certain reasons, the color of enamel worsens over the years, but everyone wants a dazzling smile. How to whiten teeth at home without harm to enamel? You will find the answer to this question in the article.
There are time-tested methods for gentle tooth whitening. Perhaps they lose in efficiency to expensive tools and procedures, but they are affordable and require little effort.
Causes of plaque
- Coffee and tea. Modern people have a hard time without invigorating drinks. However, excessive use leads to darkening of the enamel. A similar effect is shown by wine.
- Cigarettes. The main enemy of teeth. The composition of tobacco smoke includes substances that enter into enamel.
- Sweets. The abnormal use of sweets, cookies and chocolate leads to the destruction and yellowing of teeth, caries, thinning of enamel.
- Fluorine compounds. A polluted environment, spontaneous nutrition, poorly purified water - a source of excess fluoride into the body.
Next, we will figure out which store and folk remedies will help whiten your teeth.
Folk remedies for teeth whitening
Special toothpastes, mouthwashes and folk treatments help to find a sparkling smile. Along with modern means, folk recipes are still used.
- Soda. A small amount of soda is mixed with paste and used to brush your teeth. Perform the procedure once a week. Together with the plaque, the enamel elements also separate, as a result of which it becomes thinner.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Used to rinse your mouth and gently rub your teeth with a cotton pad. Present in many professional whitening products. Daily use whitens in two weeks. Prolonged use of peroxide leads to thinning of enamel.
- Activated Carbon or Wood Ash. A crushed tablet of activated carbon or a little ash is applied to the toothbrush and brush your teeth. Frequent use leads to spoilage of enamel and damage to the gums.
- Tea tree. Two drops of tea tree ether are added to a small bottle of warm water and mixed. To whiten the teeth with the resulting solution, rinse the mouth twice a week.
- Eggplant. Fresh vegetable is baked in the oven until black ash appears on the surface. Powder is made from it, with which you brush your teeth with your finger.
- Wild strawberry. The berries are ground in the teeth and left for 20-30 minutes. The procedure is carried out before brushing your teeth.
- Corn. To whiten their teeth, people simply chew boiled corn. After the procedure, the teeth are rubbed with cotton wool moistened with peroxide.
- Honey and salt. Healing and whitening effect. Natural honey is mixed with fine salt. The mixture is rubbed on the gums and teeth. Perform the procedure a maximum of twice a week.
A couple more tips. Do not experiment with bleaching agents. Better use a tool with positive reviews from people. Before the procedure, visit a doctor, because it is forbidden to whiten teeth with dental diseases. During home whitening, monitor the condition of the teeth. If sensitivity appears or pain, This is a sign that the product used has a bad effect on the enamel.
Teeth whitening is a popular procedure, around which there is a constant discussion of dentists and clients. New methods make the smile dazzling with minimal risk. There are also negative reviews about medical procedures, as well as unscrupulous "experts" distributing low-quality whitening products.
People are constantly looking for the perfect tool for teeth whitening, because a beautiful smile is incredibly attractive. Each pharmacy sells pastes, gels, strips, solutions and plates focused on enamel cleansing. I will consider the most popular options.
- Whitening pencil. Standard models are similar in appearance to lipstick. Brightens enamel, strengthens teeth. Price from 400 rubles, depending on the characteristics.
- Whitening toothpaste. Mechanically affects enamel due to the constituent chemicals. Sometimes for clarification, a few cleanings are enough. Such pastes cost from 100 rubles.
- Whitening gels. Hydrogen peroxide is the main component of whitening gels. Apply morning and evening with a special brush. Enamel brightening takes about two weeks. The minimum cost of the gel is 450 rubles.
- Bleaching mouthguards. They are a nozzle impregnated with a bleaching agent in the form of a paste or gel. The capa is put on teeth and left for 15 minutes. The duration of the procedure and the number of repetitions is determined by the composition of the gel, the degree of whitening and individual tolerance. For the standard version you will have to pay at least 2,000 rubles, and an individual model will cost three times more.
- Whitening strips. Simple and convenient whitening product. One strip is applied to the upper teeth, the second to the lower. The course lasts 2 weeks. One drawback is that teeth are whitened only in front. The price is at least 2000 rubles.
Do not rush yourself to buy a tooth brightener. First, talk with the dentist, who, taking into account individual indicators, will choose the best option. Before the procedure, the teeth should be treated or cleaned of stubborn plaque, which cannot be done independently.
Dental methods for whitening teeth differ in the number of tones, the duration of the procedure, the number of sessions and the stability of the effect.
- Air flow. The basis is hardware brushing. A special nozzle serves a mixture of dental powder, compressed air and soda. The composition removes food debris and tartar, eliminates surface darkening of enamel and normalizes the microflora of the mouth. The effect is achieved in one procedure, but in the case of a deplorable state of the teeth, more sessions are required. The minimum cost is 1,500 rubles.
- Zoom. The procedure is carried out in stages - accurate polishing of the teeth, processing of enamel with gel, final treatment with fluorine-containing agents. It is popular among office workers, since the effect is noticeable even after one fifteen-minute procedure. Significant clarification of enamel requires about three procedures. Such bleaching can be performed twice a month. The price is about 15,000 rubles.
- Ultrasonic whitening. The ultrasound-based whitening technique is considered the most gentle and is applied even with sensitive teeth. Under the influence of ultrasonic waves, food debris, stains, stones and plaque are removed from the surface of the teeth. At the end of the procedure, the teeth are treated with a special tool that repels dyes. The result lasts a long time, but the technique is not suitable for deep whitening. For one tooth, the doctor will take from 110 rubles.
- Laser whitening. Provides a targeted effect on enamel and cleaning of superficial and deep dental tissues. Whitens teeth in 10 tones. The duration of the procedure is one hour. It is used in the absence of dental diseases. Advantages - high efficiency, long-lasting effect, no need for frequent repetitions.Cost - from 15 000 rubles.
- Chemical whitening. The essence of the technique boils down to exposure to teeth with chemicals. This deep exposure technology brightens your teeth in a couple of shades. Three thirty-minute sessions are often sufficient. The effect lasts three years, after which the procedure can be repeated without damage to the teeth. Cost - an average of 5,000 rubles.
- Photo whitening. The enamel is covered with gel, then the teeth are subjected to hardware processing with a special lamp. This gentle method is used for sensitive teeth, for teeth with fillings, injuries and chips. Photo whitening creates a “Hollywood smile” with the effect of porcelain teeth. After the procedure, for a while you need to abandon cold and hot drinks, solid products, natural juices, alcohol, coffee and products with dyes. The cost starts at 3,000 rubles and reaches 15,000 rubles.
Only a dentist can choose the right whitening method.
How to whiten your teeth in Photoshop
In photographs, people with yellowed teeth are rarely found. This is the merit of computer technology and special software. Having available laptop and a Photoshop photo editor, anyone can make a smile bewitching.
- Open the photo in Photoshop. If there is no editor, you can use one of the many services online.
- We approximate the area of teeth for clarification and proceed to the procedure. We select a tool called “lightening” and set the parameters: medium diameter brush, midtone range and exposure 30.
- Using a tuned tool, we carry out the teeth several times until the desired effect is obtained.
- Do not whiten your teeth too much, this will adversely affect naturalness.
People often process photographs in graphic editors. This trend has many advantages, but there are also disadvantages. Trying to make the image perfect, they change eye colorteeth whiten remove acne. This is commendable, but naturalness is much better. Try to be limited to small adjustments.
Harm of folk and medical means
It is impossible to whiten teeth at a time forever. The effect of the procedures with proper care lasts no more than two years. Under the influence of various factors, enamel darkens, and bleached enamel darkens even faster.
When the dentist performs the whitening, potent agents are used to achieve a quick result. Naturally, this does not positively affect the condition of the teeth.
Regardless of the bleaching method, thinning of enamel is the main consequence of the procedure. With constant whitening, the enamel is destroyed and the likelihood of tooth decay increases.
After whitening, tooth sensitivity increases. When using low-quality drugs, the enamel becomes loose.
The best way to whiten teeth at home
Surely, everyone had to touch their teeth and feel mucous plaque. These are plaques representing the accumulation of bacteria. Prolonged exposure to enamel damage the teeth and gums. Fortunately, there is a better way of whitening, which allows you to make a snow-white smile and avoid dental problems. It is about daily cleaning.
Everyone knows that the procedure is ideally performed twice a day, but many brush their teeth only in the morning, to freshen their breath. To whiten teeth and prevent plaque, brush twice a day with a soft brush and fluoride-containing paste.
All areas of the oral cavity need to be treated: teeth, tongue, gums and cheeks from the inside. The duration of the procedure is 3 minutes. Such gentle care is quite enough, especially if you abandon the products that promote the appearance of raids, drinks and bad habits.