Beautiful manicure is an integral element of the image of a woman. Girls spend a lot of time on makeup, wardrobe, and the appearance of their hands. In the article I will give effective step-by-step recipes for strengthening nails at home.
The nail consists of keratin, water and fat. The health and beauty of nails is determined by the right proportions. With a deficit of fat, nails become sick, become thin and break easily. Typically, malfunctions of the endocrine system negatively affect the condition of the nails.
The main causes of brittleness
- Vitamin deficiency.
- Incorrect thyroid function.
- Regular washing of dishes and hands, washing, cleaning without gloves.
- Use to remove varnish containing acetone.
- Long exposure to low temperature.
- Wrong manicure.
Brittle nails are treated quite simply at home. But this problem is better to prevent.
Nail Disease Prevention
- Use a vitamin-rich varnish with a healing effect. Completely abandon the funds, which include acetone.
- Wear protective gloves for housework. The main thing is that the nail plates do not come in contact with detergents.
- Do manicure emery or glass nail file. Metal is better not to apply. During the procedure, move in one direction, otherwise the nails will receive serious damage.
- Eat foods that are rich in protein, iron, and calcium regularly. The composition of desserts should include gelatin - jelly, marmalade, marshmallows.
These recommendations will help maintain healthy nails. If the condition does not improve, most likely, some disease interferes. In this case, you should consult a doctor and find the root cause of fragility together with him.
Folk remedies for strengthening nails - recipes
Girls with free time and financial opportunities strengthen nails in beauty salons. But, it is possible to solve this problem at home, using proven folk remedies.
Over the years, recipes, compresses, baths and masks have been invented.
Folk remedies are extremely popular among women, because they are both effective and affordable. Recipes include ingredients that are available in any kitchen or home medicine cabinet. We are talking about fruits, vegetables, oils.
Baths are an excellent way to strengthen nail plates at home and moisturize the skin. I propose to consider three options for baths.
- Soda bath. Pour a glass of water into a small bowl, pour a spoonful of soda, inject 5 drops of glycerin and a couple of drops of iodine. After mixing, lower the hands for a third of an hour, then get wet and cream. I recommend a bath before bedtime. Then dip your fingers in melted wax, wait for drying and leave until morning.
- Herbal bath. Preparing a bath of infusion of chamomile, nettle, sage or plantain. Ideally, rotate the grass. Add a spoonful of grass to a liter of water and boil a little, when the broth cools slightly, lower the handles into it. After such a water procedure, I do not advise washing your hands, soak them and treat them with a nourishing cream.
- Wine bath. A glass of dry wine (preferably red) mix with a spoon of salt and heat. Hold the hands in the resulting liquid for 15 minutes. Next, gently wet your hands and cover with a layer of nourishing cream. I recommend doing this bath 4 times a month.
Baths can be combined with masks that require a similar amount of time.As in the case of the baths, after applying the mask on the hands, it is imperative to apply a nourishing cream. Mask recipes are expected below.
- Olive mask. To make such a mask you need to combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil with three drops of iodine and a similar amount of lemon juice. Hold the fingers in the resulting mixture for at least ten minutes. Then wash off the mask.
- Wax mask. Melt beeswax in a bath. The temperature is around 40 degrees. Lower the fingers into the wax for a few seconds, remove and after hardening, wait 20 minutes.
- Beer mask. Half a glass fresh beer mix in equal amounts with warmed sunflower oil and a small spoonful of lemon juice. Clean hands for a third of an hour in the mixture, then get wet, massage the cuticle and do not wash for 2 hours.
- Pepper mask. In a small container, combine a small spoonful of hand cream, the same amount of red pepper and a couple of drops of water. Ready means to cover nails for half an hour, then rinse with water.
I have given the most effective and affordable folk recipes for strengthening nails.
Super Instrument Strength Instructions Video
Nail strengthening cosmetics
The problem associated with brittle nails is familiar to many girls. A good help on the way to solving it will be home recipes. However, the cosmetics industry does not stand still and is developing new cosmetics for strengthening - varnishes, creams, oils. The choice of a particular brand is determined by financial capabilities.
It’s better not to buy the cheapest cosmetic products. Low cost is the first sign of cosmetics with little or no effect. therefore save I do not advise.
- Firming Varnishes. Regular use will return a healthy, brittle, dull and folded nails. To get the result, it is not recommended to use the same tool all the time. Lucky is better to alternate. The composition of varnishes should include amino acids, vitamins, coral extracts, silicon. The varnish should not contain formaldehyde, camphor and other components of an aggressive nature.
- Oil for strengthening nails. Rub rosemary, peach or almond oil into the nails every few days with massage movements or using a soft toothbrush.
- Creams from natural oils, vitamin complexes and microelements. It is good if the composition of the product includes wax or propolis. Such a cream is an excellent prophylactic.
To strengthen your nails quickly, the listed funds should be applied systematically. True, remember, cosmetic preparations are effective if the fragility of the nail plates is not caused by diseases that lurk inside the body. The condition of the nails is a kind of indicator of health.
Strengthen nails after shellac
At the end of the last century, there was no shellac manicure, and in the XXI century it is rapidly gaining popularity and crowding out nail extension gel and acrylic. Not surprising, because this technology has a considerable number of advantages. To admire the beauty of well-groomed nails for a month, it is enough to go through just one shellac procedure.
Over time, shellac must be removed from the nail plates. It is at this moment that the young ladies despair, because after shellac the nails acquire a terrible appearance. They flake and break, even clipping and dark polish are not able to correct the situation. The question arises, how to strengthen the nails after shellac and return them to their previous shape?
- Olive oil. Thinning is a consequence of polishing the nail plates after removing shellac. Help strengthen the nails of the bath based on olive oil. One hundred milliliters of oil a little warm up, then hold the nails in it for about 15 minutes.Perform the procedure daily in the evening for a week.
- Lemon juice. This natural product has a lot of essential oils and Vitamin C. These substances strengthen nails. In a day, rub the lemon juice into the nails for several minutes, then rinse with water.
- Iodine. Before going to bed, using a cotton swab, apply iodine to the nails. In the morning, there is no trace of yellow. Reviews of the girls say that iodine is extremely effective in strengthening the nail plates.
- Sea salt. The miraculous properties of sea salt have long been known. Sea salt baths will make your nails incredibly strong. Dissolve a spoonful of salt in half a glass of water, inject a little of any essential oil and hold in your fingers for 10 minutes. Weekly rate - three procedures.
- Sour berries. Weakened nails require vitamins. Masks based on sour berries will help in this situation - cranberries, red currants, lingonberries. Grind a handful of berries, apply the resulting slurry to the nails, wrap with a film, wait a third of an hour and rinse.
- Food. The above procedures are aimed at external treatment of nails. At the same time, their condition largely depends on the intake of beneficial substances from the body. Introduce into the diet foods rich in vitamins, proteins, iodine, calcium, mineral salts. For example, salmon, cottage cheese, cheese, greens.
- Healing coating. For the treatment of fragility, special cosmetic coatings are used, which are applied daily. The greatest effect is given by calcium, minerals, vitamins and silk fibers.
In terms of effectiveness, home procedures are in no way inferior to salon analogues. Distinguish only in the fact that their implementation requires more time. If you regularly take care of your nails, the effects of shellac will disappear quickly without leaving a trace. To keep the nails perfect all the time, before the next application of shellac, make a short pause.
What else to add? Before going outside, cover your nails with a protective cream, especially if it is cold outside. Do not disdain gloves that protect against the effects of cold and wind, otherwise they will fade.
Serious problems with the nail plates will be eliminated by the Complivit and Alphabet vitamin complexes. I hope that thanks to my advice you will soon become the mistress of healthy and beautiful nails. Good luck