How to choose face powder by tone and skin type? Millions of women are looking for an answer to this question. I will help to figure this out, but to begin with, I propose to plunge into history.
Egypt is considered to be the homeland. Cleopatra became the first woman to use this cosmetic product. Matte skin is the key to beauty at all times. Therefore, it was created. In various parts of the world, this cosmetic product was made according to different recipes. European women used a mixture of lead and ground chalk, Asian women preferred rice flour.
9 top tips
- Apply to nose bridge. Make sure it fits. Remove the foundation first.
- Make sure the particles are evenly distributed. Accumulation is not allowed.
- For evening makeup, consider the tone. Better if the cosmetics are lighter than the skin tone.
- When purchasing loose powder, make sure that the particles are small. Uniform application depends on the particle size.
- If you buy in the form of balls, choose them of the same size.
- The high quality of the cream powder is evidenced by the absence of air bubbles and lumps.
- Beauticians recommend choosing at the same time under artificial and daylight conditions.
- If a foundation is present in the cosmetic arsenal, the tone of the powder should match its shade. Only a slight difference is allowed.
- Be sure to study the composition. The optimal composition is extracts of oils, talc, vitamins, moisturizing elements. Avoid starch and lanolin.
Powder and skin tone
When choosing cosmetics of this kind, be sure to be guided by skin color and shade of foundation.
- If you want to get an even shade, test the tool in the forehead. If you plan to use for oval correction, apply on the chin.
- Stylists recommend testing on the bridge of the nose. This area is weakly exposed to tanning and exposure to irritants.
- Apply on face. After a short period of time in daylight, evaluate the effect. The tone should match the complexion.
- The easiest way is to choose a colorless look. It is combined with all skin tones. Make dark and tanned grayish.
- Fans of tanning beds or sea vacations should buy a brown shade. If you are unable to sunbathe, do not take a pink shade. Otherwise, the skin will become unnatural.
- The bronze version is suitable for the dark ones. It sets off the tan and replaces the foundation.
- The best solution for evening makeup is considered a powder lighter than the shade of the face. Ideal when the tone of the makeup matches the shade of the face.
- If your skin is wrinkled, look for light makeup. She rejuvenate face and make it smooth.
- Do not chase the cost. Sometimes cheap in quality superior products advertised expensive brands.
Selection of powder by skin type
Powder for combination skin
Talk about powder for mixed skin. This cosmetics should have a double action: moisten dry areas and eliminate shine if it is oily.
- Cream powder is an excellent solution for the combined type. It moisturizes and helps fight greasy shine.
- Before applying, cover your face with a foundation for dry skin.
Before buying, consult your doctor. He will tell you a proven and effective tool.
Powder for oily skin
Every woman will say, without powder To do makeup will not work.This tool revitalizes the face, hides defects, eliminates shine and keeps makeup in pristine condition throughout the day.
- Learn the composition. Fats and oils, substances that clog pores should not be present. Kaolin must be present. It absorbs fat.
- Choose the type of powder. There is a tonal, mineral, matting, friable, cream powder.
- Matting. It eliminates greasy shine, makes matte, absorbs sweat. It is recommended to use at the height of summer. In the cold period, they are applied before going to any event.
- Cream powder. Not recommended for oily skin. Emphasizes flaws. Suitable for winter use, as it refreshes and retains moisture.
- Mineral. Gives a satin shine, the face becomes natural and vibrant. Helps treat oily skin.
- Friable. The best option. Apply with a brush in an even layer. Use recommended at the end of makeup.
Dry Skin Powder
It’s hard to imagine makeup without powder. It is applied after a special corrective agent. It helps to smooth complexion, eliminate flaws, make the skin smooth and velvety. Dear men, you can buy it for women as a gift for New Year.
A quality cosmetic product contains fats, nourishes and moisturizes.
- In the case of dry skin, the best solution is compact powder containing fats.
- The compact lighter skin tone conceals wrinkles and bumps.
- A wonderful option is cream powder. It contains plant extracts, vitamins and active substances that slow down aging processes and anti-aging.
- In the form of a cream, it protects against harmful UV radiation and retains moisture throughout the day. Apply it in a thin layer through puff or a soft brush.
Video Powder Tips
How to choose powder for problem skin
Problematic is the skin on which hated blackheads and black dots, she has enlarged pores and increased fat content.
- Remember, applying cosmetics to inflamed areas is not recommended.
- For the problematic powder is provided, hiding flaws. It nourishes with useful substances, protects from the effects of irritants, protects against ultraviolet radiation. Recommended for masking facial flaws.
- Make sure that the package says "non-comedogenicity". It focuses on problem skin.
- The powder must have antibacterial properties, since bacteria grow on oily skin. The composition should include oils and moisture.
- Mineral powder is considered indispensable. Has appeared on the market recently.
Problem skin is not a hindrance to look nice. During the selection, follow the recommendations and make an appointment with a cosmetologist beforehand.
The article has come to an end. I’ll add how to apply makeup on my face. Use clean brushes. So protect your face from the growth of bacteria. If you are unsure of the cleanliness of the brush, wash it with shampoo or soap. Remember that rubbing powder into your skin is prohibited. It is applied with patting movements. See you soon!