How to cook frozen unpeeled shrimp? To properly cook shrimp at home, do not require special skills. However, there are some simple tips that will help to prevent annoying cooking mistakes and will provide a tasty and nutritious product.
Shrimp is a popular high protein seafood. Low calorie and healthy. It contains a minimum amount of fat (not more than 2.5 g per 100 g of product). Used as an independent snack for a foamy drink, it is an additional ingredient for salads and soups.
In the article I will discuss the main points in cooking regular and king prawns and some interesting recipes.
3 main rules for cooking shrimp
- Frozen seafood should not be immediately sent to boiling water after opening the package. This is the most common mistake. Pre-defrost the shrimp under a stream of warm water. Rinsing will accelerate the defrosting process and relieve broken tendrils, claws and other unnecessary particles.
- The optimum ratio of water to product is 2 to 1. Per liter of liquid, take 40 grams of salt when cooking in shell, and 2 times less when cooking without it.
- To speed up the process and preserve the taste, it is better to put slightly thawed shrimp in boiling water, to get a rich broth in cold.
How much to cook shrimp
Shrimp meat is very tender, like crayfish meat, therefore, it does not make sense to keep it on the stove for a long time. Moreover, overcooked shrimp are harsh and rubbery, which spoils the overall impression of the snack.
- Frozen unpeeled regular shrimp should be boiled for 3-5 minutes.
- Raw frozen king prawns are cooked for about 7 minutes.
- Regular fresh-frozen shrimp, characterized by a gray-green hue, cook for 6-7 minutes.
Secrets of cooking for salad
- It is better to cook the product with a lot of spices, including cloves, allspice, bay leaf.
- To get rid of the glaze (“ice coat”), rinse the shrimp thoroughly with warm water.
- Put the previously thawed product only in boiling water to preserve the delicate taste of the meat, and not give it to the broth.
- Rinse seafood with cold water after cooking to make shells easier to remove.
How to make frozen shrimp for beer
- Shrimp - 1 kg,
- Onion - 1 head,
- Dill - 1 bunch,
- Allspice - 2 peas,
- Bay leaf - 2 things,
- Carnation - 1 bud,
- Salt to taste.
- Thawing shrimp. I rinse with warm water, putting in a colander. I let the liquid drain.
- I pour water into the pan. I put spices and salt. Sending to the burner.
- I put shrimp in boiling water. Cover with a lid. I cook from 3 to 5 minutes. I clean from the stove. I drain the water.
Great beer snack ready!
Beer brewing recipe
The preparation uses a large number of additional ingredients to flavor and give a unique taste to delicate seafood.
- shrimp 1000 g
- beer 700 ml
- garlic 4 tooth.
- lemon 1 PC
- onion 2 PC
- parsley 1 twig
- Bay leaf 6 sheets
- salt 1 tsp
- Red pepper 3 g
- black pepper 3 g
- I wash frozen frozen shrimp in warm water. Spread in a dish to defrost.
- I clean the garlic and onions. Finely chop.
- I take a large pot. I pour beer and put it on the stove. After a minute, I spread the bay leaf, ground peppers (red and black), chopped parsley and vegetables in a heated foamy drink.
- Bring to a boil. Sending the main ingredient to boil. Gently mix.
- After 4-5 minutes, remove the pan from the heat. I close the lid tightly.
- I give the dish to brew for 20-30 minutes. I mix from time to time.
- I drain the water and remove the lavrushka, leaving the rest of the ingredients in a dish. I serve seafood on the table with sour cream sauce.
How to cook in a slow cooker
- Water - 600 ml
- Shrimp - 300 g
- Salt, allspice - to taste.
- Lightly thaw shrimp for faster cooking.
- I put it in a special thicket for steaming. This method will make the meat juicy and not boiled, to preserve vitamins and minerals.
- I pour water, lay in my favorite spices (salt, pepper required). I turn on the “Steam cooking” program for 10 minutes.
How to quickly cook shrimp in the microwave
- Shrimp - 1 kg,
- Soy sauce - 2 large spoons,
- Water - 2 tablespoons,
- Lemon - 1 piece
- Salt is half a tablespoon.
- To defrost shrimp faster, put the packaging in a saucepan with warm water. Leave for a while.
- Rinse thoroughly with running water. I'm drying.
- I spread the product in the dishes for cooking in a microwave oven.
- I prepare a mixture of soy sauce, salt and water.
- Pour the shrimp with the resulting composition (optionally add your favorite spices and spices).
- Install in the microwave, turn on the maximum power. Cooking time - 3 minutes.
- I get it out of the microwave. Shake to mix. Again I send to cook for 3 minutes.
- I pour out the resulting liquid from the dishes during cooking. I sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.
Double boiler recipe
- Seafood - 1 kg,
- Onion - 1 head,
- Lemon - 1 piece
- Celery - 1 little thing,
- Carrots - 1 piece,
- Salt, seasoning for seafood - to taste.
- I start with the preliminary preparation of shrimp. I rinse in warm water, let the liquid drain. I spread it in a plate and pour a special seasoning on top. I put the seafood plate aside to soak.
- I am engaged in vegetables. I clean and cut into large particles.
- Pour water into the dishes for cooking (pressure cooker) to the indicated mark.
- I spread shrimps at the bottom. I cover it with a “cap” of cut vegetables and thin slices of lemon.
- Turn on the double boiler. I cook for 15-20 minutes for a couple.
Incredibly gentle and easy to prepare sauce from melted butter with fresh lemon juice will perfectly complement the taste of the dish.
Calorie boiled shrimp
Shrimp is a dietary product that contains a large amount of minerals (potassium, phosphorus, iron, etc.) and B-group vitamins.
The main part is proteins of animal origin (19 g / 100 g).
Do not be afraid to get better by eating boiled seafood with spices and without high-calorie fatty sauces (for example, based on sour cream or butter). This is an incredibly tasty and healthy product that can be used as an independent snack or as a complement to soups and salads.