The topic of today's conversation will be the harvesting of beans for the winter. In the article I will tell you how to preserve beans at home, consider popular recipes, give a little attention to the benefits and useful tips.
Beans, like chickpeas - a useful product rich in substances that ensure the full functioning of the human body. We are talking about vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins, starch and a variety of minerals. Regular consumption of legumes invigorates and helps in maintaining a good mood.
Calorie Canned Beans
Practice shows that canned beans are a universal product that perfectly complements meat dishes and fishactively used in vegetarian cuisine.
Due to the low calorie content, which is 95 kcal per 100 grams, canned beans were also used in diet food. And in terms of the amount of easily digestible protein, it is ahead of many other dietary products.
Classic winter recipe
Consideration of popular recipes will start with the classic version. The classical technology of harvesting beans for the winter is painfully simple and involves the use of simple ingredients, but the result is fantastic. Additionally, this recipe is a good basis for experimentation.
- beans 1 kg
- water 3.5 l
- salt 100 g
- sugar 120 g
- vinegar 3 tsp
- bay leaf 5 sheets
- mustard seeds
- Pour clean beans with water. I advise you to soak the fresh ingredient for an hour, dried - at night. After the time has passed, drain the liquid, fill in with the amount of water indicated in the recipe, pour sugar with salt and spices, put on the stove.
- Turn on a strong fire first. When it boils, cook the beans over moderate heat until soft. It usually takes 120 minutes. Then add vinegar to the pan, cook for another two to three minutes and remove from the stove.
- Lay out still hot beans in prepared jars, pour the marinade in which it was prepared, roll up the lids. Hold the cans under the covers until they cool.
Do not rush to draw conclusions about the amount of water indicated in the recipe. During cooking, part of the liquid evaporates, and part absorb the beans. Sometimes the dish turns out dry and you have to add water. You can make soup out of these canned food, lobio, salads and side dishes, wonderful borsch.
The method of preserving beans in their own juice
There are an unthinkable number of ways to harvest beans. Each of the recipes is good in its own way, and canning in one's own juice is no exception. Having tested it in practice, see for yourself.
- Beans - 1 kg.
- Onion - 500 g.
- Carrot - 500 g.
- Refined oil - 250 ml.
- Vinegar - 3 tablespoons.
- Cloves, allspice, salt to taste.
- Soak beans overnight until morning. Change the water several times during the procedure. Rinse in the morning and boil until tender. Onions cut into half rings, and carrots in circles.
- Pour oil into a spacious pan, add chopped vegetables, put on the stove.As it boils, put out the vegetables over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Send boiled beans to a pot of vegetables. After 10 minutes, pour in the vinegar, add salt and spices, mix the mixture and boil for two minutes.
- Arrange the cooked ingredients in jars, sterilize for a third of an hour over moderate heat, roll them up securely with lids. Hold the cans upside down under the covers until they cool.
Beans in their own juice, even in their pure form, will serve as a wonderful snack. And if you have free time or a holiday is approaching, use it to prepare more complex dishes, for example, lecho.
How to preserve beans in tomato sauce
Beans - a useful food product that contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and protein. If properly cooked or preserved, it is incredibly tasty. I offer a canning recipe with the addition of tomatoes.
- Beans - 1.2 kg.
- Tomatoes - 1 kg.
- Onions - 2-3 pcs.
- Salt - 3 teaspoons.
- Bay leaf - 5 pcs.
- Allspice - 0.5 teaspoon.
- Ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon.
- Vinegar 70% - 1 teaspoon.
- Boil the beans in a pan. To do this, send the beans into boiling water and cook on moderate heat until soft. Grind the onions in small squares and fry in oil.
- Remove the peel from the tomatoes, dousing with boiling water. Fold in a saucepan and cook on the stove until softened, adding a little salt. Then remove from heat and mash.
- To the crushed tomatoes, send beans, onions and all other spices. Mix everything and return to the stove. Cook to a boil, and then pour a teaspoon of vinegar, mix.
- Put the cooked beans in the prepared jars. Roll up the lids. Leave to cool with a towel.
Beans in tomato sauce are divine. Even if simple for lunch pasta, adding a few spoons of beans in a tomato sauce will make the dish a real masterpiece.
Canning Asparagus Beans
Canned asparagus beans have a lot of vitamins and minerals, and it is stored for a long time. The recipe for pickling differs from brine in that vinegar is the main preservative.
- Asparagus beans - 0.5 kg.
- Horseradish root - 1.5 g.
- Fresh dill - 50 g.
- Parsley - 50 g.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- Black pepper - 10 peas.
- Ground cinnamon - 2 grams.
- Clove - 3 pieces.
- Vinegar - 50 ml.
- Fry the pods in a pan with added oil. Large pods are advised to cut into pieces.
- Take marinade. Pour salt and sugar into boiling water and put on fire. After boiling for 10 minutes, add vinegar to the marinade.
- In the prepared sterile jars, lay the pods, putting the herbs and other spices on top. Add the marinade and, covering with lids, put in a water bath for a quarter of an hour.
- After sterilization, roll the covers. Turn the jars over and, wrapping them in a towel, leave to cool. Store canned food in a cool place.
This recipe will be appreciated by housewives who cannot imagine life without asparagus beans. They willingly eat it as a main course or add to soup. Even if you are not one of them, be sure to try canned asparagus beans. It diversifies the menu and gives new sensations.
Autoclaved Canned Beans Recipe
An autoclave is a wonderful helper in preparing preparations for the winter. If there is such a device, a bean recipe in an autoclave is guaranteed to come in handy. The ingredients are based on one half-liter jar.
- Beans - 100 g.
- Carrots - 100 g.
- Onions - 100 g.
- Bell pepper - 50 g.
- Vegetable oil - 50 g.
- Tomato juice - 350 g.
- Sugar - 0.5 teaspoon.
- Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Soak the beans first for 5 hours, then send them to boiling water.Meanwhile, cook the vegetables: finely grate the carrots, cut the onions, tomatoes and peppers into cubes.
- Boiled beans, pour juice from tomatoes, put on the stove. Add salt, sugar and chopped vegetables. Cook for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. In the last minutes add vinegar and mix.
- Distribute the finished mixture in sterile jars. Roll up the lids and put in an autoclave, let the dish reach readiness. At 110 degrees, the process will end in 20 minutes.
Agree, in an autoclave, canned beans are prepared in an elementary way. This is another reason to cook this wonderful and healthy product.
Which beans is better to preserve - white or red?
There are many types of legumes. White and red beans are common in our area. If you plan to preserve this product, choose the color and grade at your discretion, depending on further use. Provide food for thought.
- Red bean after any heat treatment is more dense.
- White is less calorie than the red sister.
- In cooking, white beans are traditionally used for cooking first courses, and red beans look more attractive as part of salads and side dishes.
As you can see, the differences between the species are insignificant, and the cooking technologies are no different.
The benefits and harms of canned beans
Canning is the most reliable way of storing food, which, thanks to its taste and nutritional properties, has won the hearts of gourmets from around the world. What are the benefits of canned beans?
- The main advantage is the preservation of nutrients. Scientists have proven that after canning, beans retain up to 75% of vitamins and minerals.
- Due to its low calorie content, the product is ideal for people on a diet.
- Beans are rich in plant fiber, which normalizes the intestinal microflora, prevents the appearance of malignant tumors and stops inflammatory processes.
- Eating legumes improves the functioning of the heart, normalizes the heart rhythm, and increases the elasticity of blood vessels. They are recommended to be used to prevent stroke or atherosclerosis.
- Beans provide a diuretic effect, which positively affects the work of the excretory system, it is also beneficial for the health of the bladder and kidneys.
A little harm. Abnormal use leads to flatulence. People who follow the figure, it is recommended to use the product without fats of animal origin.
Finally, I will share a few recommendations that will help in the preparation of divine canned beans at home.
- For canned foods, use beans that have been stored for no more than six months from the time of collection.
- Use only beans with a smooth surface without mechanical damage.
- Before preserving, be sure to soak the ingredient in chilled boiled water. In soft water, beans cook faster.
- Add salt to the pot with beans at the end of cooking, as the product takes longer to cook in salt water.
I hope that thanks to today's article in your cellar or cellar there will be jars of delicious and beautiful beans, which in the midst of the winter season will serve as a reliable culinary assistant. See you!