Ginger root is used in different forms and in different dishes. Found fresh, dried and powdery, but pickled ginger is especially popular among lovers of Japanese cuisine. In this form, it is an excellent spice that gives piquancy to any dish. Let's discuss how to pickle ginger at home.
Calorie Pickled Ginger
The composition of the root includes sodium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, calcium. There are vitamins A, B1, C, E.
The calorie content of ginger is 51 kcal per 100 grams, but may vary due to the process. pickling and products added to the root.
For a long time using ginger as a seasoning, people have come up with many ways to pickle. Some of them are used more often and are considered classic.
Recipe number 1
- ginger root 400 g
- sugar 50 g
- vinegar 50 ml
- boiled water 500 ml
- salt taste
- Rinse the root under hot water, peel, rinse again under hot water.
- Cut into thin layers using a long knife or peeler. Put in a deep plate, rinse again with water. Add 1 teaspoon of table salt, mix. Close with another plate, put the press on top. Leave in cold air or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Marinade. Boil 500 milliliters of water, add a whisper of salt, 50 milliliters of vinegar and 50 grams of sugar. Stir, bring to a boil.
- Transfer ginger to the pan, pour half the marinade, put on medium heat. Bring to a boil, hold for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a jar, pour the remaining marinade. Let it brew in the refrigerator for a week.
Recipe number 2
- 50 grams beets,
- 300 grams of root
- 50 milliliters of vinegar
- 200 milliliters of water
- 50 grams of sugar
- Salt to taste.
- Rinse ginger under hot water, peel, rinse again with hot water. Cut into thin plates with a knife or a peeler.
- Boil 100 milliliters of water, add salt while boiling, mix. Without letting it cool, pour the mixture into the root in a deep plate, after 5 minutes drain the water.
- In the remaining 100 milliliters of water, pour sugar, put on a slow fire. Bring to a boil, then pour ginger and put grated beets.
- Put in the refrigerator overnight, then drain and transfer to a jar. Leave for a week.
How to Pickle Pink Sushi Ginger
Pickled ginger is one of the main ingredients of a classic Japanese dish sushi, and the principle of its preparation is different from usual to give the dish a more piquant taste.
- 300 grams of root
- 150 milliliters of rice vinegar
- 100 grams of sugar
- Salt to taste.
- Wash the ginger with hot water, remove the peel, and rinse again under hot water. Cut into thin plates using a knife or peeler.
- Put the root in a deep plate, sprinkle with salt, cover with a leaf and leave for about 2 hours.
- Put all the sugar in vinegar, pour into a saucepan and boil. Pour ginger into the hot mixture and cover with another plate.
- Put the infusion in the refrigerator for a day, then transfer it to a jar and put it in the refrigerator for another week.
How to eat ginger for weight loss
Ginger helps slow down aging, improve health, helps lose weight. The recipe for pickling for weight loss is no different from the classic.
For quick weight loss, include only low-calorie foods in your diet and eat a few strips of ginger per day. It can be consumed with sushi, which is almost always done with it or with red fish, which contains polyunsaturated fatty acids that promote weight loss. Ginger is a good option. tea.
What is homemade marinated ginger good for?
Eating root is extremely beneficial for humans. The vitamins and amino acids contained in it improve immunity, slow down aging, and improve blood circulation.
Ginger will help with seasickness, colds, it is rubbed with honey and given to the patient, used for preventive purposes.
Harm and contraindications
Some people have an intolerance to or allergic to this product. Ginger is not recommended for people with diseases of the stomach, including an ulcer.
The root can be dangerous for people with diseases of the gallbladder or liver, as it stimulates the flow of blood to these organs. It should not be used during pregnancy, but an exception can be made if it is recommended by a doctor.
Ginger is a delicious seasoning, if cooked properly. In addition, this product is good for health, for good reason in Japan it was called a natural doctor.