Peach is an amazing and healthy fruit, pleasing with a juicy structure and incredible taste. At the height of the season, many enjoy fruit, but this is a short period, so at the end of the summer the housewives are interested in how to cook canned peaches for the winter.
Having at hand a few simple recipes, easily prepare an amazing home-made delicacy that even the highest-quality store product cannot compare with.
Canned peaches are a delicious dessert. Homemade cooking is great for preparing other delights. Including fruit salads, ice cream, mousse and souffle. Unsurpassed taste is characterized by a pie of canned peaches. And from the syrup it turns out great jelly.
Calorie canned peaches
Everyone likes peaches. From a fragrant fruit filled with a sweet taste, not a single person will refuse. The only pity is that the season is quickly ending. Fortunately, thanks to canning, we have access to goodies all year round. And if the pasteurization procedure does not last long, many vitamins and useful substances remain in the fruits.
The calorie content of canned peaches in each case is slightly different, due to the use of various ingredients and additives.
And if you use the delicacy moderately, it will not harm the figure.
The recipe for canning peaches according to GOST
People love peaches for their juicy flesh, fragrant skin and unique taste. In order to maintain access to this miracle, I advise you to cook canned peaches according to GOST, which are not much inferior to fresh fruits in terms of taste and aroma. To do this, use the following recipe.
- peaches 1 kg
- sugar 7 Art. l
- Use dense and ripe fruits. Pour them with cold water for an hour, then rinse thoroughly. Peeling is not necessary.
- On each fruit, make a longitudinal section, divide into segments, remove the stone. Cut each half as you wish.
- Wash glass jars thoroughly and pour over boiling water. At the bottom of each jar, pour a tablespoon of sugar, lay a layer of peaches on top. Alternate layers until the jars are full.
- Cover the bottom of the wide pan with a cloth, place cans of peaches on top, cover with a large lid. Pour water into the pan to the shoulders, put on fire. Sterilize for 15 minutes. This time is enough for the appearance of syrup.
- Remove the jars from the pan and roll them up. Leave it upside down in a warm place. After cooling, clean in the refrigerator or in the pantry.
There is nothing complicated in cooking. They are stored for a long time, which means that at any moment they will come to the rescue and help in making a wonderful dessert, for example, pirogue.
How to preserve peaches without sterilization
Some housewives like to preserve peaches without sterilization, but they still turn out juicy and tasty. The secret to using citric acid. Thanks to this natural preservative, fruits are stored for a long time and retain their original color.
- Peaches - 1.5 kg.
- Water - 1.8 l.
- Sugar - 200 g.
- Citric acid - 1 teaspoon.
How to cook:
- Rinse the peaches with water. Wipe the fruit thoroughly with your fingers during this procedure. This will help to remove more fibers.Put on a paper towel to dry.
- Divide each fruit into halves. For convenience, use a knife. After making a neat incision along the groove, remove the stone.
- Fill the prepared jars with slices, pour boiling water and cover with lids. Leave on for 30 minutes.
- After time, pour the water into the pan, add citric acid and sugar, put on fire. After boiling, pour the syrup into jars of peaches, roll tightly.
- Leave the cans upside down under the covers until they cool completely, then move them to the balcony or to the pantry. The main thing is that during storage sunlight does not get on the workpiece.
The treat does not go through the sterilization procedure, but it is stored for a long time, and a short heat treatment contributes to the preservation of nutrients.
Canned Peach Pie
Apple Charlotte - the cake most popular among cooks. The secret of Charlotte's success lies in its incredible taste and speed of preparation. But there is another fruit baking, which is no less tasty, and a pie with canned peaches is no exception.
- Canned Peaches - 850 g
- Sugar - 300 g.
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Flour - 300 g.
- Sour cream - 400 ml.
- Milk - 50 ml.
- Butter - 200 g.
- Slaked Soda - 1 teaspoon.
- Vanilla Sugar - 2 sachets.
- Combine 200 grams of sugar with vanilla sugar. Grind the resulting sugar mixture with butter at room temperature, add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Stirring the mixture, pour in a thin stream of milk, add soda and sifted flour, knead the dough. Get a cool flour base.
- Canned peaches cut into slices. Turn on the oven and set the temperature to 180 degrees.
- While the oven is warming up, grease the baking sheet with oil, cover the bottom with paper, pour and evenly distribute the dough. Put peach slices on the pie. Put the dessert in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Make a cream. To do this, mix the sour cream with the remaining sugar and beat thoroughly with a mixer. Ready pie remove from the oven and fill with sour cream. After cooling, gently cut in portions and serve.
Incredibly delicious cake will be the perfect ending to any meal. A piece of fragrant delicacy goes perfectly with any drinks, including tea, juice or cocoa.
The secret of delicious canned peaches lies in the use of ripe fruits, proper preparation, following the sequence of actions indicated in the recipe, and in clean dishes. Such a result is enough to satisfy the gastronomic needs of most sweet tooth.
Some gourmets like delicate flavor combinations. If you regret something new and unknown among them, add some vanilla essence, cinnamon or star anise to the jars when preserving peaches. Thanks to these spices, the taste of the workpiece will acquire spicy notes.
I add that each person has their own taste preferences, so the best recipe is determined exclusively experimentally. Good luck