To make kvass from kvass wort at home need a base, which is sold in grocery stores. When choosing a wort, consider “malt extract” - the name used by some manufacturers is the same product.
Rate the type of wort. A high consistency and almost black color indicate high quality. Do not take the liquid option.
Having free time and a desire to make the basis for kvass yourself, you can do it yourself without buying a store product.
The classic recipe for kvass from kvass wort
Consider a recipe based on a must.
- water 3 l
- fermented wort 2 Art. l
- sugar 150 g
- dry yeast ½ tsp
- raisins 50 g
- Prepare a three-liter jar. Dissolve the wort and sugar in 0.5 liters of warm water (the maximum possible temperature is 35 degrees). Any amount of sugar is acceptable; this ingredient is added to taste.
- Pour the resulting liquid into a jar, add the rest of the water, then - yeast, do not mix.
- Cover the jar with a lid, proceed to the next stage in 1-2 days, when fermentation occurs.
- Periodically check the taste of the drink, when the result suits, pour into plastic bottles, in each of which add a few raisins. Next, carbonation will occur.
- Use kvass when it becomes foamy and bottles become hard. Keep in the refrigerator.
How to make kvass from kvass concentrate
Do you like kvass? A delicious drink will be obtained using concentrate.
- basis - 1.5 tbsp. l .;
- a glass of sugar;
- boiled water - 3 liters;
- 6 g yeast (live).
- Pour the prepared concentrate into a clean container for 3 l, then a liter of water (temperature 80 degrees).
- Infuse the liquid for three hours.
- Pour sugar, pour the rest of the cooled water, add yeast. Fill the jar on the coat hanger.
- After 3-4 days, when the fermentation ends, pour the finished product into containers, cool.
How to make leaven kvass
- rye sourdough - 20 g;
- wort - 200 g;
- cooled boiled water - 6 liters;
- sugar - 6 tbsp. l .;
- Dilute the yeast with a little liquid. Use a saucepan to make a drink.
- Add the wort, mix the liquid thoroughly.
- After 12 hours, you will see air bubbles, which indicates primary fermentation. Add sugar, mix the liquid.
- In a bottle with kvass, add a little raisins, soak for 12 hours.
- Get ready-to-drink after seven days. Keep it in the refrigerator all this time.
The benefits and harms of kvass from wort
The beneficial effect of kvass from kvass wort, prepared at home, on the digestive tract is due to the chemical composition. The drink does not allow harmful bacteria and germs to multiply, improves the condition with dysbiosis, normalizes metabolism, digestion, and the functioning of the cardiovascular system. Useful properties appear during fermentation, as in rye flour kvass.
The vitamins present in the composition have a positive effect on the immune system, while acids remove dead and diseased cells.With the help of homemade kvass, they reduce weight, eliminate fatigue, improve well-being and condition of tooth enamel. It is useful for hypertension, diseases of the pancreas and diabetes. Due to the content of vitamin C, blood vessels are cleaned, cholesterol is excreted. Kvass is also useful for the body of people who suffer from heartburn, heaviness in the stomach, increased gas formation.
It is useful to drink with glaucoma and other eye lesions. With regular use, an improvement in vision is observed. Kvass is an effective remedy for viruses and bacteria. It benefits the body with tonsillitis, otitis media, pneumonia, bronchitis.
Harm and contraindications
Some people should give up kvass. Such a drink harms with an ulcer, provokes an exacerbation. It is contraindicated to use it for oncological diseases, problems in the work of the gall bladder, liver. It is not recommended to drink kvass for drivers, pregnant women, lactating women due to the increased risk of edema, and stool disorders. With impaired kidney function, problems with the urinary tract, it is permissible to consume a small amount of the drink.
Kvass refers to drinks that are perfectly refreshing, have a rich taste. A lot of useful properties allows you to use kvass from kvass wort, oats, chicory with various health problems. However, before including it in the diet, study the existing indications and contraindications. Choose a recipe that you liked more than others, cook and eat a natural product!