It is easy to bake freshly frozen capelin in the oven, it does not need to be cleaned, additionally scraped, cut into pieces, and a specific aroma is easily neutralized by lemon. But, despite the advice of experienced chefs, it’s still better to gut it - then it will be much more pleasant.
Preparation for cooking
The preparation is simple. Thaw capelin - gradually, leaving it on the kitchen table or on the shelf of the refrigerator. After thawing, rinse and dry with a towel (paper or cloth). To open the abdomen with kitchen scissors, take out the insides, it is more convenient to remove the black film with a paper towel. Fins, heads can be left (it all depends on the recipe).
For four servings, 500 grams of fish, some fish spices, a lemon will suffice. Other prescription supplements. Today capelin is sold in any form - both freshly frozen and in vacuum packaging. If the choice fell on weighted fish, buy one that has fewer ice crystals, but it is better to take it packaged with specific shelf life.
Before cooking, capelin is lightly rubbed with salt, greased with oil or pickled in accordance with the recipe. A baking sheet is covered with a sheet of oiled parchment or foil, fish is spread on it. It is not worth it to keep capelin in the oven for a long time, 30 minutes is enough. Set the temperature at around 180-200.
Tasty and juicy recipe for capelin in the oven in foil
Grate the fish well with oil, salt, freshly ground pepper, put in foil for baking. Put onions more. Under the protection of the foil, the juice does not evaporate, but impregnates the capelin, giving all the taste.
- fresh-frozen capelin 500 g
- onion 150 g
- dill 4 twigs
- refined oil 30 ml
- salt, freshly ground black pepper taste
- In the evening, remove the capelin from the freezer. Leave on the table or put on the shelf of the refrigerator.
- Clean the thawed fish: cut the abdomen with scissors for cutting, remove the insides. Remove the black film with a paper towel or napkin. Cut fins, rinse with cold water.
- Line the mold with foil so that you can wrap the fish. Chop large bulbs with half rings, small ones with rings. Put the onions at the bottom of the mold, salt, pepper, add a few drops of refined oil.
- Put capelin on top of the onion (grate it lightly with salt, freshly ground pepper, then coat on both sides with oil). Add whole branches of dill. Join the edges of the foil.
- Preheat the oven, set to bake for about 25 minutes. At the end of cooking, open the foil so that the capelin is browned.
Roasted capelin in an oven on a baking sheet
Capelin is rather oily, so it is often fried in the oven without oil, and the baking sheet is covered with a sheet of parchment.
- 1 kg of freshly frozen fish;
- 100-120 ml of refined oil;
- spices, freshly ground black pepper, salt to taste.
- 250 g sour cream;
- 4 branches of dill;
- 4 stalks of green onions;
- 15 ml of lemon juice.
- Thaw the fish slowly - remove it in advance from the freezer. Gut, rinse with cold water, dry.
- Lightly grate with salt, grease with vegetable oil. Place a sheet of cooking parchment on a baking sheet. Place prepared capelin on it, send to a hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce: chop the stalks of onions and sprigs of dill. Combine sour cream with chopped herbs, season with lemon juice, freshly ground pepper, and salt to taste.
- Put fried fish on plates and serve sour cream sauce separately.
Tasty capelin with potatoes and vegetables
Potato, onions and tomatoes are brilliantly combined with fish. Vegetables need to be chopped, seasoned with spices and refined oil.
- 700-800 g of capelin;
- 300-400 g of potatoes;
- 80-90 g of onion;
- 120-130 g of tomatoes;
- 80 ml of refined oil.
- 2 pinches of spices for fish;
- greens at your discretion;
- salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare capelin: thaw at room temperature, gut and rinse with cold water. Dry on a paper or cloth towel.
- Chop onions, tomatoes into rings, and potatoes into thin slices.
- At the bottom of the form, place potatoes, then onions and tomatoes, sprinkle with refined oil.
- Make a marinade: combine lemon juice with vegetable oil, pepper, salt, add spices. Grate capelin with marinade, put on vegetables, send to the oven preheated to 180 ºC. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Quick recipe with onions and mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is used in the recipe - it is important that it is tender and low in fat. If you want to save on calories, cook it yourself.
- 1 kg of capelin;
- 200 g mayonnaise;
- 200 g of onions;
- 20-30 ml of refined oil;
- 10 g of salt;
- 5 g of freshly ground black pepper.
- Thaw capelin, remove internal contents, rinse with cold water, pat dry with paper towels or towels. Salt, pepper, stand for 15 minutes (you can put it in the refrigerator).
- Line a pan or baking sheet with an oiled sheet of parchment. Spread onion on it (chopped with rings), place the fish layer on top, then evenly apply mayonnaise. Preheat the oven, bake for 25-30 minutes.
Interesting and original dishes from capelin in the oven
All recipes are satisfying, but not heavy. For example, an open pie, reminiscent of pizza or fish, previously marinated in soy sauce with curry powder.
Capelin marinated in soy sauce
Marinade - soy sauce with spices. It is important to add it to the fish at the very beginning of cooking, it should have time to soak in aromas.
- 500 g of capelin;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of soy sauce;
- 3 g curry powder;
- 2 g of granulated sugar;
- 1 pinch of black pepper;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of refined oil.
- Prepare soya marinade: add curry, pepper, a little sugar to the sauce.
- Thaw capelin in the evening, rinse, dry, gut. Fold in a container, add the marinade, mix well. To sustain 25-30 minutes.
- Cover the baking sheet with an oiled sheet of parchment, put the pickled fish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 190 degrees.
Open capelin pie
When the cake is cooked, put it on a large plate, cut into slices the size of a palm.
- 400-500 g of purified capelin without heads;
- 3 eggs;
- 25 g butter;
- 80 g of onions;
- green peas optional;
- 300 g thick sour cream;
- 200 g of grated cheese;
- refined oil;
- freshly ground black pepper;
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of flour;
- ½ teaspoon of salt;
- 120 g butter;
- 40 ml of water.
- Prepare the dough: grind flour with butter and table salt, pour in water. Knead the dough, put in the refrigerator, wrapping with plastic wrap or bag. Stand for half an hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll. Put the dough on a greased baking sheet (or mold), flatten and chop with a fork. Put in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the filling: brown the onion in butter, salt the sour cream, pepper, add the eggs, beat well.
- Put the fish on the dough, onion fried on top, pour everything with whipped sour cream.
- Bake an open pie for half an hour in a preheated oven. Sprinkle the filling with cheese chips approximately 10-15 minutes before the end of cooking.
Nutritional value and calorie content
Fish does not contain carbohydrates, it consists of proteins and fats. Characteristics of the nutritional value of baked capelin:
|Fats, g||Carbohydrates, g||Proteins, g||The number of calories, kcal|
|Per 100 grams||8,04||0||13,38||121,66|
|% of the daily rate||10||0||20||6|
Benefit and harm
Capelin can be considered a fish delicacy. It is better to eat it whole without taking out the seeds from the pulp, since it is in them that they contain the maximum of useful minerals, such as calcium and phosphorus.
|Useful omega-3 fatty acids, iodine.||Acids are considered the main defenders of the body against malignant tumors, "bad" cholesterol. Together with iodine, they normalize the thyroid gland, will have a positive effect on male potency, as well as on the female body, significantly improving metabolism, hormonal and emotional background.|
|Calcium, phosphorus, bromine, potassium, selenium, fluorine, zinc, chromium. Vitamins, groups B, A, PP.||All these substances are good for the heart, help resist atherosclerosis, prevent the destruction of bone tissue, promote the health of nails, hair, teeth. Vitamins are responsible for vision, immunity and longevity.|
Before adding capelin to the diet, consider the following: even the most healthy foods can cause allergic reactions or individual intolerance.
Useful tips and interesting information.
Capelin is roasted quickly, but other ingredients can take longer to cook. For this reason, you need to cook in steps from recipes.
The main value of capelin is not in its loin, but in the ridge, bones and tail. They contain "reserves" of the most valuable calcium and phosphorus. To get these substances from the bowels - they eat fish with stones.
To arrange a wonderful dinner at home for 4-5 people from capelin alone is real. Rinse the fish (previously thawed), gut it and dry it with paper towels. After that, proceed according to the recipe - soak in the marinade or simply grate with salt and oil, add chopped onions, tomatoes, sprinkle with spices. Send to a hot oven, after 25-30 minutes the dish is ready. You can eat with or without a side dish - it will always be delicious.