Ice cream is a product that helps out in the summer heat. It is bought in a store or made independently. I myself make such culinary delights and now I will tell you how to make ice cream at home.
Historians found the first mention of ice cream in manuscripts from the time of Emperor Nero. He ordered the cooks to bring ice mixed with fruit additives. And the Chinese emperor Tanggu had a technology for preparing mixtures based on milk and ice.
The classic recipe for ice cream
I will share technology home cooking ice cream. Having listened to the tips, you will please the household with sweet, tender and cool delicious food.
- milk 1 l
- butter 100 g
- sugar 400 g
- starch 1 tsp
- egg yolks 5 PC
- Pour milk into a saucepan and put butter. Put the dishes on the stove, turn on the fire.
- While the milk is boiling, combine sugar with starch and yolks and rub with a spoon. Pour a little milk into the resulting homogeneous mass and mix.
- Pour the mass gradually into boiling milk, stirring with a spoon. After boiling the mixture again, remove the pan from the stove and lower it into a bowl of cold water. Stir the ice cream until it is warm.
- When the mixture has cooled, pour into molds and send to the freezer. After a few hours, serve the ice cream to the table.
If you want to make children happy, use the classic recipe for ice cream, but add condensed milk to the mixture of sugar and yolks instead of milk.
How to make cream ice cream at home
Ice cream made according to this recipe evokes different flavors and tastes. Include chopped nuts, berries, or quince jam. I use grated chocolate or chocolate chip cookies. Using berry juice, I add color to cream ice cream.
- Cream - 500 ml.
- Sugar - 0.75 cups.
- Eggs - 4 pieces.
- Chocolate additives.
- Break eggs into a bowl, add sugar and beat. Pour the cream into the dishes and mix. Move the resulting mass into a saucepan and put on a small fire.
- During the cooking process, mix constantly. It is not necessary to bring to a boil, otherwise the eggs will curl. After removing the pan from the heat, the liquid thickens and becomes like liquid sour cream.
- I keep the pan on the stove for twenty minutes. To check the consistency, swipe a spoon with your finger. The remaining trace indicates the readiness of the mixture.
- Pour the mass into a container for freezing. A food grade plastic container will do. If desired, add filler to the cream ice cream at this stage. I use crushed cookies, pieces of fruit or berries.
- After cooling the mixture, put the container in the freezer. Under the influence of low temperature, homemade ice cream will harden and become thick. It will take six hours.
Before eating, move homemade ice cream from the freezer to the refrigerator for a third of an hour. After the time has passed, use the spoon to make the balls and place them on a plate or in tall glasses. For decoration, use berries or grated chocolate.The result will be creamy ice cream at home, which is mandatory take a picture and show your friends.
Cooking Vanilla Ice Cream at Home
Older people claim that the taste and aromatic characteristics of modern vanilla ice cream are inferior to the product that was produced in the old days. It’s hard not to agree.
Today, manufacturers for the manufacture of ice cream instead of natural milk use powders that do not provide the finished product with high quality and excellent taste. We treat children with such sweets from which health benefits cannot be expected.
A cool dessert prepared according to the following recipe, high-quality and completely natural.
- Milk - 500 ml.
- Cream - 600 ml.
- Sugar - 250 g.
- Yolks - 6 pieces.
- Vanilla - 2 pods.
- Combine the cream with milk in one bowl, and stir the resulting mixture, stirring, over low heat.
- Cut the vanilla pods, remove the seeds and send them to the creamy milk mass.
- The next step is to add sugar to the mixture. When the sweet powder is in the pan, mix and bring to a boil.
- Add the crushed yolks to the mixture and whisk with a whisk. Using an electric mixer helps to prepare a more tender and airy lumpy vanilla ice cream.
- It remains to move the finished mixture into a convenient dish and send it to the freezer. Beat the ice cream periodically for four hours. I do it in an hour.
Before serving, do not forget to decorate the dessert with berries or pieces of fruit. As a result, homemade ice cream will delight the household not only with its unique taste, but also with an appetizing look.
How to make chocolate ice cream
Chocolate ice cream is a favorite dessert of many people. No wonder, because even on a cloudy day it cheers you up. Delicacy brings true pleasure and satisfies.
Recently, people refuse to ice cream shop. Having familiarized themselves with the composition, they understand that factory chocolate ice cream is a bouquet of preservatives, dyes, stabilizers and flavorings.
If you really want dessert, it’s possible to find a way out. I assure you, even people who are trying don't eat sweetsDo not resist this delight.
- Cream - 300 ml.
- Yolks - 3 pcs.
- Milk - 50 g.
- Chocolate - 50 g.
- Sugar - 100 g.
- Cognac - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Strawberries or raspberries.
- Cool the milk brought to a boil, pass the chocolate through a fine grater, and rub the yolks with sugar.
- Combine milk with whipped yolks and crushed chocolate, mix and beat for several minutes.
- Put the dishes with the resulting mass on the stove, turn on a small fire and cook until sugar and chocolate dissolve. Once it thickens, remove from the stove and refrigerate.
- Whip cream, combine with cognac and chocolate mass. After mixing, a homogeneous mass will be obtained.
- It remains to move the chocolate ice cream into a food container with a lid and put in the freezer. After an hour, mix the mixture and return to the freezer for another 5 hours.
- Chocolate ice cream, garnished with strawberries, serve.
Do not be surprised that alcohol is present among the ingredients. Many drink cognac with chocolate. It enhances the aroma of chocolate and promotes fast and high-quality whipping of cream. Another tip: using powdered sugar instead of sugar speeds up the whipping process.
Step-by-step recipe for lemon ice cream
Lemon ice cream with a refreshing effect can be made at home. Cooking offers various recipes, most of which include the use of egg-cream or fruit and cream base.
Ready lemon ice cream is served to the table in the form of snowballs, on a stick or in beautiful vases. In any case, dessert will delight guests with its taste and coolness.I just advise you to eat carefully, otherwise you'll have to treat cough and throat.
- Milk - 0.5 cups.
- Sugar - 150 g.
- Cream - 300 g.
- Yolks - 3 pieces.
- Lemon juice - from 1 piece.
- Vanilla sugar.
- Boil and cool the milk. After cooling, enter the yolks, lemon juice and sugar into the milk. Add a little vanilla sugar.
- Place the dishes with the resulting mixture in a water bath and hold until the mass begins to resemble condensed milk. Stir the mixture constantly.
- In a separate container, whip the cream until a thick consistency. Gently mix the masses, transfer to a convenient shape and put in the freezer.
- Stir the ice cream periodically for the first two hours, and then leave until morning.
If a holiday is planned, wedding anniversary or birthday, surprise your guests with a wonderful treat. However, I advise you to prepare homemade lemon ice cream even if you want something cold, sweet and refreshing.
How to make popsicles
Nothing protects against summer heat like popsicles. Instead of a product based on natural fruits, they offer ice cream based on fruit syrup or additives on store shelves.
- Orange juice - 1 cup.
- Fresh fruits - 3 glasses.
- Sugar - 1 cup.
- Put the listed ingredients in a blender bowl. Turn on the appliance and wait for a homogeneous mixture to form.
- Strain the mixture to peel and seed. If necessary, dilute with juice.
- Pour the base for popsicles into a food container and put in the freezer to harden. It will take four hours.
- Break fruit ice into pieces, transfer to pre-chilled dishes and beat with a mixer until a homogeneous and dense mass is obtained, which should not melt.
- Re-place the ice cream in the container and freeze. Get three servings of dessert, which I recommend serving in small vases.
Which fruit to use is up to you, but I recommend choosing strawberries, raspberries, peaches and nectarine.
A few spoons of liquor will help change the taste of homemade popsicles. Take peach, cherry or orange liquor. Do not forget to decorate the delicacy with pieces of fruit before serving.
Yogurt ice cream - recipe without ice cream
Yogurt-based ice cream will fight back any factory rival. I consider it the most delicious and healthy version of the delicacy, which adults and children can’t do without in the summer.
The recipe I will describe welcomes the use of frozen berries, which is a plus. Such a semi-finished product retains useful substances, which cannot be said about berries that have been lying on store shelves for months.
- Bananas - 2 pieces.
- Frozen Strawberries - 200 g.
- Frozen blueberries - 1 cup.
- Fat-free yogurt - 2 cups.
- Honey - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Remove the peel from the bananas and, together with the rest of the ingredients, send them to the blender bowl. At a low speed, grind the ingredients until smooth.
- Distribute the contents of the bowl on the tins and send to the freezer. After ten minutes, remove the ice cream from the yogurt, stick a stick in each serving and return it to the freezer.
- After three hours, enjoy the treat.
Now make life sweet, tasty and healthy, as yogurt ice cream has few calories and many vitamins.
The benefits and harms of ice cream
Ice cream is a delicious treat, an excellent weapon against heat. However, the benefits of goodies for some are in doubt.
The composition of ice cream includes about a hundred substances valuable to the body. These are amino acids, fatty acids, mineral salts and vitamins, potassium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium.
Ice cream is a source of the hormone of happiness, which improves memory, improves mood and accelerates the fight against stress. Dessert provides a therapeutic effect.
Some methods focused on the prevention of diseases of the intestines and stomach are based on ice cream from yogurt. Dessert has a positive effect on the intestinal microflora, since the necessary bacteria get along with the sweetness. The product retains its beneficial properties for three months.
If the child refuses to drink milk, ice cream will help saturate the body with useful substances. It is recommended to give children a classic ice cream ice cream without fillers and additives.
Harm and contraindications
The disadvantages of ice cream are many. First of all, this is a high calorie content. I do not advise abusing delicacies. Ice cream is contraindicated in gastritis and stomach diseases.
If sucrose is a part, it is better to refuse use to diabetics. People who have high cholesterol in their blood are not advised to eat fats based on animal fats.
Nutritionists recommend not eating aromatic varieties, since the composition includes fruit essences that have nothing to do with natural products. Ice cream often causes a headache, as it quickly reduces the temperature, constricts blood vessels and slows blood flow.
Ice cream story
According to legend, while traveling in eastern countries, Marco Polo learned a recipe for a treat that was cooled using ice and saltpeter. From that moment, a treat resembling a sorbet was present on the table of aristocrats. The chefs of those times kept the recipes a secret, and for an ordinary person making ice cream was comparable to a miracle.
Later there appeared recipes for the preparation of sorbets and ice, popular among the French and Italian nobility. Even Louis 14 was fond of such goodies. In 1649, Gerard Tiersen, a culinary specialist from France, came up with a formula for frozen vanilla cream, which included cream and milk. This new product was called "Neapolitan ice cream." Later, the ice dessert recipe was updated several times.
The inhabitants of Russia in ancient times in the summer heat ate slices of frozen milk. Even today, residents of Siberian villages prepare frozen milk and store in large piles.
The man who came up with the method of using ice and salt to lower and control the temperature of products for making ice cream helped the development of technology. No less important is the invention of a wooden bucket, equipped with rotating blades, designed to make ice cream.
At the beginning of 1843, a hand-held device was created and patented in England that made ice cream. The inventor was Nancy Johnson. Since Johnson was unable to organize the production of equipment, she sold the patent to the Americans. As a result, after 8 years in Baltimore, the first factory producing ice cream on an industrial scale appeared. A lot of time has passed since then, but the technology and recipes are still being improved.
After the advent of mechanical freezing technology, the spread of sweet treats was facilitated. Later they came up with a straw, then a stick and the technology of “soft ice cream”.
If you intend to buy ice cream in a store, choose small portioned packages, including briquettes, horns and glasses. Correctly storing dessert is not always obtained, and constant freezing and thawing degrade quality and taste.
Summing up, I will say that ice cream is a useful and harmful product at the same time. But just not homemade ice cream, which is devoid of flaws purchased. Do not be lazy, prepare dessert at home, and family members can enjoy the delicacy without fear for health.