Elk - healthy non-fat meat of a dark red color with a large number of veins. It looks like beef. From elk, excellent dishes are made to taste, including dumplings and meatballs, broths and soups. How to cook a moose delicious at home? Proper cooking is a whole science with many culinary subtleties.
For cooking, it is better to take the meat of females aged 1-3 years. The elk of older individuals and males is stiff and fibrous. Without pre-soaking (in white wine, juice from sauerkraut, cucumber pickle), preparing a juicy dish at home will not work.
Calorie elk meat
100 grams of moose contains 101 kilocalories. The low calorific value is explained by the minimum fat content (1.7 g) with a large amount of valuable animal protein (21.4 g).
Useful Tips Before Cooking
- Ideally, moose pre-marinated in 3% vinegar for 6-10 hours or soaked in water for 3-4 days.
- To give a delicate and spicy taste, soak the meat in herbs and berries.
- Butchering a carcass is similar to cutting a cow. The most valuable and delicious parts are lips and meat tenderloin.
- Moose dishes are salted at the end of cooking.
- For more succulent cutlets in minced meat, add a small amount of lamb fat or goose fat.
Let us turn to the answer to the question of what can be cooked from moose meat and various step-by-step recipes and cooking technologies for delicious and nutritious foods.
Elk soup on the stove
- moose bone with pulp 600 g
- water 3 l
- onion 2 PC
- potatoes 6 PC
- carrot 2 PC
- Sweet pepper 2 PC
- a tomato 3 PC
- petiole celery 2 root
- allspice 7 grains
- Bay leaf 2 leaf
- salt, greens taste
- Thoroughly wash my elk meat, put it in a large pot. I pour cold water, put it on the stove. I bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium. I put peeled onions (whole), allspice peas, bay leaf. I cook in 2.5 hours.
- I filter the broth, taking out the spices and meat. When the moose calf has cooled, I separate it from the bone and cut it into small pieces.
- I clean and cut carrots into cubes. I do the same with potatoes. I cut pepper into pieces, cut celery. Add vegetables to the broth. I cook the soup over medium heat until the products soften. I throw off the chopped tomatoes and add the pre-chopped meat. I cook until ready.
- I remove the pan from the stove. I let the elk soup stand for about 30 minutes, closing it tightly with a lid and covering it with a towel.
Elk with dried fruits in a slow cooker
Sauteed stew with dried apricots, prunes and raisins in a slow cooker - a delicious hot delicacy dish. Do you want to surprise guests rushing to your place for a festive dinner or to diversify the daily diet of your beloved family? Try to cook following the recipe.
- Ready beef broth - 100 g
- Elk meat - 500 g,
- Dried fruits (prunes, raisins, dried apricots) - a total of 200 g,
- Onion - 2 heads,
- Tomato paste - 1 tablespoon,
- Vegetable oil - 3 large spoons,
- Wheat flour - 1 tablespoon,
- Pepper, salt - to taste.
- I cut the elk into rectangles. Due to the high density and rigidity, I carefully beat off every piece. I throw the softened rectangles into a frying pan with vegetable oil and fry them. The goal is to get a golden crust, and not bring to readiness. I shift the meat toasted on all sides on a plate.
- I fry the onions in a frying pan, bringing the finely chopped half rings to a golden color.
- First, put the fried onions in the slow cooker, then the moose. I impose thoroughly washed dried fruits on top. Choose the composition and ratio of dried berries and fruits to taste. I prefer the classic "trio" - raisins, dried apricots, prunes. I take the same parts.
- Scoop a few spoons of pre-cooked beef broth, I spread tomato paste, add flour and spices. I shift the mixture into a slow cooker.
- I turn on the Extinguishing program, set the timer for 120 minutes.
Elk meat with champignons in a slow cooker
- Meat (flesh without bones) - 1 kg,
- Carrots - 2 pieces of medium size,
- Onions - 2 heads,
- Champignons - 400 g
- Vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons,
- Pepper, salt, basil, dill - to taste.
- Soak the elk in the water for 2-4 hours. After I remove the veins and the film, cut into small pieces.
- Pour vegetable oil into a slow cooker. I turn on the program "Frying" and send the chopped moose. Fry the slices until a light golden crust forms for 5-10 minutes, depending on the installed capacity.
- I switch to the "Extinguishing" mode. I install the program for 180 minutes. I close the lid.
- While the elk is cooking, I am engaged in vegetables. I clean and grind. Carrots rub on a coarse grater, onion heads finely chopped. After 1.5 hours, after turning off the "Extinguishing" program, I transfer it to automatic heating for 30 minutes. I let it brew. Then I throw off the prepared vegetables and chopped mushrooms. Add spices and carcass for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, decorate the dish with fresh herbs, mix thoroughly. I use the side dish boiled rice or mashed potatoes.
Cooking in a pressure cooker
- Meat - 500 g
- Onion - 2 pieces of medium size,
- Mustard - 1 large spoon,
- Starch - 1 tablespoon,
- Vegetable oil - 1 large spoon,
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces,
- Salt, peppercorns - to taste.
- I chop the sokhatin into pieces. I rub it with mustard. Leave to soak seasoning for 30-60 minutes.
- I pour sunflower oil into a pressure cooker. I put on the stove to warm up. I throw off the sliced pieces for roasting. Then I add a little water and leave the moose calf to simmer for 120 minutes over medium heat.
- I clean the onion and cut into large pieces. I put it in a pressure cooker so that the slices are directed to the meat. I throw a bay leaf and pepper.
- After an hour and a half I check the moose to taste. To the salt. At the end I add a large spoonful of starch to get the sauce.
Charcoal moose kebab recipe
For barbecue meat suitable for young and healthy individuals, preferably female moose, is suitable.
- Meat (sirloin) - 1 kg,
- Onion - 3 heads,
- Pork fat - 100 g,
- White wine - 300 g
- Green onions, dill, parsley, salt, pepper - to taste.
- I prepare the meat. I cut into small pieces of 40-50 g and transfer to a pan. I pour white wine to soften. If you wish, you can take pre-prepared marinade. Leave alone for 3-4 hours.
- I strung a moose on skewers along with onion rings and fat, pepper and add salt.
- I fry on the coals. After 20-25 minutes, the aromatic kebabs are ready.
- I lay it out on plates, pour fresh greens on top.
Useful advice. Fresh moose kebab is perfectly combined with pickles (sauerkraut and cucumbers).
How to cook moose meat in the oven
To get a juicy and mouth-watering dish of hard and sinewy moose according to this recipe, you will have to work hard and spend a lot of time.
- Sokhatin - 1 kg,
- Onion - 2 heads,
- Vinegar - 200 ml,
- Black pepper - 8 peas,
- Sugar - 1 large spoon
- Salt - 1 tablespoon,
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon,
- Parsley root, bay leaves, meat spices - to taste.
- I remove the film, thoroughly rinse the meat with water. Gently beat off with a wooden hammer.
- I prepare marinade from granulated sugar, herbs, crushed onions, black pepper, salt and chopped bay leaf. Pour the mass with a liter of water and put on the stove. Bring to a boil. I remove from the stove and set to cool.
- I put the meat in the pan, set the oppression on top. I put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- I take the moose from the pan. Drying with paper towels. Sprinkle with meat spices.
- I put a frying pan on the stove. I pour oil. I throw the pickled product of animal origin onto the heated surface. Fry until half-ready.
- I spread the elk on a baking sheet, covering it with food foil. Before sending to the oven, I pour a glass of water.
- I languish for a long time, for 8 hours at a minimum temperature. I control the water level. I pour as needed.
- I take it out of the oven, print out the foil and put it in a large dish, decorating with freshly chopped greens.
Beef stroganoff from moose at home
Beef Stroganoff - A delicious dish, the main ingredient of which is finely chopped pieces of meat in sour cream sauce. The traditional basis (main ingredient) is beef or pork, but if the hostess wants and the availability of products, you can try to cook a delicious Bef a la Stroganov from moose.
- Elk meat - 1 kg,
- Onion - 2 things,
- Sour cream - 100 g,
- Vinegar - 1 large spoon,
- Sugar - 1 pinch
- Dill - 15 g
- Seasonings and spices to taste.
- I take the elk meat out of the freezer, defrost it naturally. I rinse with plenty of water, getting rid of excess blood. I cut into thin strips (traditional whetstones) removing the film and tendons.
- To give a juicy and piquant taste, soak the moose in the marinade. I throw off the pieces into a large cup and pour sugar, salt, pepper. I pour a tablespoon of vinegar, put onion chopped into rings. For high-quality pickling, we send the meat base of the dish in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Do not forget to cover with a plate!
- I get a cup in the morning. I send the pieces to a preheated frying pan. Browning.
- Reduce the heat, add a little water and finely chopped dill for a piquant aroma. Then spread the sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
- Carcass on low heat. A large amount of juice will start to stand out from the meat. Carcass until boiling, do not forget to stir.
I serve the dish on the table with boiled rice and fresh vegetables.
Pot roast recipe
- Elk meat - 500 g,
- Potato - 3 medium sized tubers,
- Onions - 1 piece,
- Tomato paste - 1 large spoon,
- Olive oil - 2 large spoons,
- Parsley - 5 branches,
- Salt and sugar - 2 tablespoons,
- 7 percent vinegar - 2 large spoons,
- Black pepper - 10 peas,
- Lavrushka - 2 leaves.
- I wash my meat in cold water. Cut into oblong and thin slices. I put it in a glass dish.
- I cook marinade, mix vinegar with 2 tablespoons of water, add sugar, salt, black pepper peas and bay leaf. I pour it into the dish. Finely chop the greens (parsley) add to the marinade. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate overnight.
- Fry meat in olive oil. Add chopped onion to the pickled pieces. Fry lightly and do not forget to stir. I cut the potatoes and throw them into the pan. I put the tomato paste and pour 200-300 g of water. Increase the heat, bring to a boil. Reduce the cooking temperature. Carcass for 15-20 minutes with a lid on.
- I spread the half-prepared vegetable and meat mixture in pots. Sending in the oven for 50 minutes. The first 20 minutes I cook at 180 degrees, then reduce to 160.
Give it a try!
The benefits and harms of moose
Elk meat is a healthy product. The animal is far from people, eats in vivo.The agricultural production of moose on a large scale in the territory of the Russian Federation is not organized, therefore, elk meat is more of an exquisite delicacy served in restaurants, a favorite dish on the table of successful and skillful hunters, than everyday food in the diet of an average person.
The elk contains a huge amount of minerals (calcium, zinc, copper, iron) and B-group vitamins (cyanocobalamin, choline, etc.). Sokhatin helps to improve the state of the musculoskeletal system, improve the heart and blood vessels, and normalize metabolism. The use of elk favorably affects the activity of the brain, restores strength after exhausting physical exertion due to its high nutritional value.
Harm and contraindications
Moose - an animal grown in natural conditions without protective vaccinations and human care. It can carry various diseases (encephalitis), bacteria (salmonella) and parasitic helminth worms.
With proper preparation and heat treatment, pathogens and harmful microorganisms die, so pay attention to the duration of cooking, frying or stewing indicated in the recipe. This will save the meat from additional rigidity, make it more juicy, and will become a guarantee of safe consumption.
Eating sahatina is not recommended for lactating women and young children. The main contraindication is the personal intolerance of moose. In case of an allergic reaction, pain in the stomach, nausea, consult a doctor immediately.
Elk meat is a rich source of essential amino acids, nutrients and vitamins. Elk meat is a low-fat diet product that is useful for the cardiovascular system and normalization of blood circulation. Sokhatin has a specific taste, vaguely reminiscent of lamb. The meat makes excellent chops, soups, fries and other dishes.
Be sure to try the dishes and treats from moose, cook for yourself and loved ones!