Shish kebab is a fragrant, attractive and tasty dish that accompanies us throughout the warm season. Not a single “sortie” of nature goes without cooking meat over coals. Therefore, I will tell you how to cook barbecue pork and lamb on the grill.
By tradition, men cook kebabs, because only strong male hands can knead meat with marinade and chopped onions. As a result, onion juice along with acids and enzymes saturates the meat and gives off the aroma.
Coal firing, preparation and frying of meat is a brutal action that emphasizes the strength of a man and inspires admiration among ladies. Although, women, having culinary experience, imagination and taste, easily prepare different versions of the presented dish.
It seems that there is nothing complicated in the preparation of barbecue - you chop the meat, season in the marinade and fry. People who hold this opinion are mistaken. Such actions lead to frustration caused by a dry, tough and tasteless dish.
The above sequence of actions is correct, however, the secret of a delicious barbecue lies in the fact that in the cooking process all the details and movements are extremely important. Each stage of cooking kebabs require the right approach. It is about choosing meat, pickling, burning charcoal and frying. It is even important to know how to eat kebab, what side dish it goes with and what drinks to drink.
Experienced chefs in the process of cooking barbecue enjoy the senses. They observe, are guided by their sense of smell and listen to sounds. The information obtained helps to timely turn over skewers or moisten the barbecue. Some are just learning cook meat. They are interested in the subtleties of cooking, because no one wants the first cooked barbecue to be unsuccessful.
How to cook pork skewers
For cooking kebabs usually use pork. Barbecue pork for good reason is so popular. It has an unrivaled aroma and taste, juicy and delicate.
Despite the apparent simplicity, cooking pork skewers is not easy. The cooking process has secrets and tricks, the knowledge of which helps even a novice to "perfectly" cope with the task.
First of all, choose the right meat, the result depends on the quality and freshness. Experts recommend cooking kebabs with chilled pork. If not, buy frozen.
Beginner chefs thaw meat by lowering it in water. I do not recommend doing this. Better put the pork on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Slow defrosting will preserve the taste and beneficial properties.
How to choose pork for barbecue
- First, carefully inspect a piece of meat. Fresh pork is pink, and when pressed with a finger, the pits are aligned.
- Use the sense of smell without fail. The fresh product is characterized by a pleasant and sweet smell. If pork smells like rot, mold or ammonia, you shouldn’t buy it naturally.
- Ask the seller to cut a small piece. Bring it to the fire from a match and smell it. The smell of fried pork is a sign of freshness.
- Which part of the carcass to give preference is up to you. Ideally for barbecue, the neck, lumbar region and brisket are suitable. Ham and shoulder blade are not the best options.
We sorted this out. Now let's talk about the preparation of marinade. I know many recipes, but I will share only the two most common.
Pork marinade with mayonnaise
- Cut the pork into slices, and the onion rings. Put the ingredients in a large saucepan and pour in mayonnaise. 250 ml of sauce is enough for a kilogram of meat.
- Add some salt and spices to the pan. After thoroughly mixing the dishes, leave them in a cool place for a day. Stir before cooking.
- Cut the pork into slices, and a few medium onions into rings. Transfer the meat and onions to the pan, sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Pour 100 ml of ordinary or cider vinegar and add water. Determine the volume of fluid yourself. The main thing is that the solution is moderately acidic.
- Pour half the vinegar into a bowl of pork and mix. Sprinkle the kebab with the remaining solution. In this case, the marinade should cover the pork. Marinade is suitable for frying after 4 hours.
We picked and marinated the meat. Now it remains to cook. The stage is the most important and requires special attention.
- I use coals purchased at the store. Although, you can do them yourself. The main thing is to heat them before frying.
- In the process of frying the meat is constantly turning. Only in this case it will be evenly fried. If the kebab is slightly burnt or is very dry, moisten with marinade or a mixture of wine and water.
- I recommend constantly moistening the pork to protect the kebab from burning and it will turn out fragrant, soft and juicy.
I think you have been using a similar recipe for pork barbecue on the grill for a long time, but I do not exclude the possibility that some have heard something new.
Chicken BBQ Recipes
What is outdoor recreation associated with? With a burning bonfire, noisy company and the aroma of meat cooked on charcoal. Shish kebab has long been an attribute of a country vacation.
Only a person who knows culinary tricks can cook chicken skewers. Cooking is mine hobby. I will share my experience with you.
It is possible to fry chicken on coals without preparation. However, in this case it is not necessary to count on a tasty and fragrant result. This is why pickling is recommended.
5 chicken marinade recipes
- Simple marinade. Combine 50 milliliters of sunflower oil with the same amount of wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to the mixture. Pour the chicken fillet with the finished marinade and fry in half an hour.
- Mayonnaise Marinade. In the evening, rub the chicken into pieces with salt, pepper and garlic, grease with mayonnaise and put in a pan. Pickle until morning.
- Beer Marinade. Season the treated chicken with salt, pepper and sprinkle oregano, combine with chopped onions and put in a large bowl. It remains to add beer and marinate the meat for 10 hours. This chicken kebab is combined with fried potatoes and herbs.
- Kefir marinadee. Pieces of meat put in a bowl, add grated garlic, salt, pepper, onion rings and pour kefir. After stirring, the chicken should marinate for two hours.
- Walnut marinade. To get started, prepare a mixture of grated garlic, chopped onions, crushed nuts and vegetable oil. Garnish pieces of meat with marinade and leave for half an hour. Salt the chicken again before frying.
These are not all ways to marinate chicken, I shared only popular recipes. It remains to cook the meat, guided by step-by-step instructions.
- To start, make a fire. Suitable birch firewood with birch bark. Cooking chicken kebab is better with the addition of firewood from fruit trees.
- Alternatively, use purchased coal to make the process easier. Light a fire, pour coal and after a few minutes proceed to frying.
- I recommend burning charcoal without special fluids. Kerosene, gasoline and other combustible materials will spoil the taste of the dish.
- Put prepared meat on skewers and put on the barbecue. Turn over constantly while frying.
- Check the readiness of the barbecue with a sharp object: toothpicks, matches, forks or knives. Puncture a piece of meat that protrudes a white liquid - a sign of readiness. If the juice is red, then eat the meat again.
I recommend serving chicken kebabs hot together with vegetable, mustard, garlic or mushroom sauce, ketchup.
Any of these sauces is easy to cook on your own at home. Do not forget about vegetables and greens, which products will emphasize and complement chicken skewers. If you don’t want to mess with barbecue, cook the rabbitwithout leaving the kitchen.
How to cook lamb skewers
Cooking barbecue is an exciting process, the preparation for which consists of two stages. The first involves the choice of meat, which should be fresh and moderately fat. The second involves preparing for frying.
There are many ways to marinate, but not all are suitable for lamb. Consider three training options. Check them out orcook the lamb in the oven.
Uzbek shish kebab
- mutton 500 g
- fat tail 150 g
- flour 2 Art. l
- onion 3 PC
- parsley 20 g
- anise 10 g
- Red pepper 5 g
- vinegar 3% 50 ml
- Cut the lamb into pieces the size of a matchbox, and the onion into rings.
- Make the marinade. Mix onions with anise, pepper and vinegar. Pour the meat with the resulting mass and leave for three hours.
- Put the lamb on the skew, alternating fat tail fat with pulp. Sprinkled with flour, send meat to the grill. Sprinkle the finished dish with chopped herbs.
Kebab in Armenian
- Lamb loin - 1 kg.
- Onion - 2 heads.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Pepper, lamb, salt.
- Cut the meat into slices, salt, add pepper and onion rings.
- Remove the zest from the lemon and squeeze the juice. Combine the zest with the juice with the meat. After stirring, marinate the meat for eight hours.
- It remains to string lamb on skewers and bring to readiness over the coals. Lubricate with fat during cooking.
Lamb on the bone
- Lamb with bone - 1 kg.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 50 ml.
- Coriander, basil, tarragon, mint, salt and a mixture of peppers.
- Cut the lamb into pieces. Grind greens and mix with oil, lemon juice, salt and a mixture of peppers.
- Grease each piece of lamb sauce and put in a saucepan. After three hours, the meat will be suitable for frying. Just pickle in a cool place.
I don’t know if you had to try a barbecue prepared according to one of the above recipes. If not, you must do it.
Buy some fresh meat, marinate well and go on vacation with your family. Each member of the family will appreciate this chic dish.
How to deliciously grill kebab
What could be better than a trip by a friendly company to the river bank or to the forest, especially if the entertainment program includes the preparation of barbecue? In order for the dish to live up to expectations, it is necessary to understand the intricacies of marinating barbecue at home.
Barbecue - grilled meat. The current generation inherited this dish from primitive people. The taste depends on the correct marinade. Previously, people did not deal with such trifles and immediately started cooking. Fortunately, over time, the technology for preparing meat on charcoal improved, which positively affected the taste.
Kefir is the most popular marinade.It is suitable for marinating beef, pork, lamb and rabbit meat. The secret of the popularity of the fermented milk product among kebab fans lies in the ability to soften meat and saturate with a creamy taste.
- It will take meat, several heads of onions, spices and kefir. Per kilogram of meat, a liter of kefir.
- Dip portions into a marinade prepared by mixing yogurt with onions, salt and spices.
- Top the meat with lemon juice. In kefir marinade, soak for three hours.
- Shish kebab send on coals, having previously put on skewers.
Kefir in terms of marinating barbecue deserves attention. But it does not compare with pomegranate juice. I had to pickle meat in various ways, but only one option, which I will tell you about, became a favorite.
The cost of pomegranate marinade is higher than kefir, but the result is worth it. Pomegranate juice helps to prepare an inimitable and wonderful dish.
- Collect spices according to taste. I recommend looking at the market for a point where the seller, depending on the weight and type of meat, in a few seconds will collect everything you need from different trays into one bag.
- Buy meat and pomegranate juice. Take a liter of natural juice in two pieces of meat. You can do it yourself if grow pomegranates.
- Pour the meat with onion juice and leave for two to three hours. The main thing is not to overexpose, otherwise the fibers will turn into porridge.
Even if you often go outdoors during the summer, this is enough. Kebab pickled in any of two ways will delight you with taste sensations.
How to marinate kebab so that the meat is juicy
In Africa, there are tribes who, before cooking, put meat in an anthill. Under the influence of formic acid, the structure becomes soft and juicy. We live in a civilized world and there is no need to go to such extremes.
I’ll list the tricks to help minimize meat stiffness. As a result, the kebab is soft and juicy.
- Fruit marinade. Gently peel two kiwis and pass through a grater. Add a little salt and spices to the resulting mass. In a fruit marinade, send pieces of meat and wait up to one hour.
- Kefir marinade. Mix half a liter of kefir with the same amount of mineral water, add salt, pepper and some dry herbs. Soak the prepared meat in the marinade for three hours, then send to the coals.
- Wine marinade. Mix white wine and mineral water in equal proportions, add spices, pepper and salt and a few chopped onion heads. After three hours, the kebab is ready for frying. If alcohol is not fully consumed, read how to store wine.
- Mustard and beer. Slices of meat with mustard, pepper and leave for an hour. Pour beer and pickle for three hours. Sprinkle with salted water before frying the skewers.
- Vodka and soy sauce. Mix 150 milliliters of soy sauce with a glass of vodka. Pour the kebab with the resulting sauce. After an hour and a half, put the meat on skewers and send to the coals.
Remember, without the right wood for frying, you can’t cook a tasty, juicy and mouth-watering barbecue. The aroma and taste of the dish depends on the wood used for cooking. That is why firewood should be stocked well in advance, otherwise the feast will go bad.
Shish kebab is cooked not on burning wood, but on coals. They provide the optimum temperature for frying. As a result, the meat does not burn or dry, but is cooked in its own juice.
Not all wood is suitable for grilling kebabs. There are tree species in which there are many resins: spruce and pine. The resin, which is rich in such firewood, in the process of decay will give taste to meat, which will ruin it.
Alder firewood is an ideal option. It is recommended to use birch firewood and firewood from fruit trees, including apple and pear. Combustible material is suitable for high barbecue, as it produces hot coals.
If the barbecue is low, it is not difficult to reduce the heat. Put the onion used for pickling on the coals, or use water.You can achieve the effect in another way, spreading the coals to the sides.
Some accelerate the combustion of firewood using flammable liquids. On the one hand, this speeds up the cooking process, on the other hand, this technique has a bad effect on taste.
Do you want a barbecue to have a unique flavor? Use the vine for frying. If she is not, do not be discouraged. Linden, birch, oak or fruit trees are suitable. If there is a country house or cottage, there will be no problems with firewood.
Have a good rest and delicious kebabs!