Cod - due to its taste, it is a valuable commercial fish. Its meat is able to provide the body with the necessary useful substances, it contains a sufficient amount of easily digestible protein. This is a very short list of its advantages.
If we consider each trace element and all the benefits for the body, you need another article on this topic. I only note that the composition includes:
- Vitamins A, E and Group B.
- Trace elements: iron, zinc, selenium, fluorine, potassium, iodine, etc.
- It must be included in the diet for people suffering from arthritis.
- Regular use is the prevention of stroke, heart attack, prevents the formation of blood clots, helps restore vascular elasticity.
- Improves brain function.
- Promotes excellent health and a healthy look of skin, hair.
Roasting is the most gentle and useful way to cook cod, after boiling and steaming. Less troublesome option: prepared the ingredients, and the oven does the rest.
- Cod is washed, cleaned, fillet is separated and cut into portioned slices.
It has a specific smell, so it is pickled in spices: salt, pepper, herbs, garlic.
Marinade can be varied with other ingredients, such as soy sauce.
The classic recipe for cod fillet in the oven
Cod is delicious and valuable seafood, its qualities are universal. It goes well with cereals and vegetables. Cooking can be varied by adding ingredients to the preferences of the whole family. The following is a classic home-made recipe.
- cod fillet 500 g
- lemon juice 2 Art. l
- garlic 2 tooth.
- salt ¼ tsp
- vegetable oil 2 Art. l
- ground black pepper taste
- Rinse the carcass and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a container, mix lemon juice, vegetable oil, and finely chopped garlic.
- Grease the fillet with marinade and marinate for an hour.
- Put the fillet in a container greased with oil, and bake at 180 degrees for about half an hour.
Cod baked in foil with vegetables
Cooking technology involves the steaming of vegetables.
- Fillet - 0.5 kg;
- Sweet pepper of two colors;
- Two tomatoes;
- Passer oil - 30 g;
- Garlic - a few cloves.
- Peel onions, carrots, wash vegetables.
- Salt cod, sprinkle with pepper and leave to pickle while vegetables are cooked.
- Cut vegetables into equally sized cubes.
- In oil, fry onions, carrots.
- Alternately add eggplant, pepper, zucchini, at the very end of the tomatoes.
- Garlic will be more aromatic if added to hot oil before roasting. This will give the vegetables a special aroma that will be transferred to the whole dish. Fry the garlic in oil for a few seconds so that it does not burn, and then introduce the vegetables.
- Grease the foil with oil, put the fillet and place the stewed vegetables on top. Cover with paper and bake at 180o for about half an hour.
- Allow to cool without opening.
Juicy cod in sour cream with cheese
The cod baked in sour cream will turn out juicy, and the mouth-watering cheese crust will please the eye.
- Cod - 0.6 kg;
- Sour cream - 200 ml;
- Cheese - 100 g (you can and more);
- Roasting oil - a couple of spoons;
- Juice of half a lemon;
- Wash the carcass, dry using paper towels and cut portionwise.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over lemon juice. Leave for half an hour to marinate.
- Peel the onion and cut into half rings.
- In hot oil, fry cod slices, not bringing to full readiness.
- Serve in a baking dish.
- Put the onion on the cod.
- Top with sour cream and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cook at 180o for about half an hour.
Cod with potatoes and vegetable marinade
The universal side dish is potatoes. It can be prepared separately, or you can bake it with cod, then it is saturated with vegetable marinade and the aroma of cod. If desired, you can add tomatoes and sweet peppers.
- Fillet - 0.7 kg;
- Potato - 1 kilogram;
- Vegetable oil for passivation;
- Mayonnaise - a pack (200 g);
- Prepare the fish: rinse, dry and cut into portions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into rings. To salt.
- Peel onions, carrots, chop finely. Pour oil into a preheated container and pass the vegetables.
- Grease the baking dish. Put potatoes on the bottom, with the next layer of fish, stewed vegetables on it.
- Pour vegetables with mayonnaise. If desired, you can sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 180o for 30-50 minutes, depending on the readiness of the potato.
- Garnish with chopped herbs before use.
Calorie Baked Cod
The calorie content of fresh cod is 78 kcal, and baked according to the classic recipe is 90 kcal. The number of calories varies depending on the additional ingredients that make up the composition. Sour cream and cheese, depending on the percentage of fat content, can significantly increase calories. The main thing to consider: fish cooked in the oven is less caloric than fried.
- Fish is a perishable product, if you can’t cook on the day of purchase, it must be washed, dried and pickled. Or at least salt, pepper and put in the refrigerator.
- Add lemon juice to the marinade, and the finished dish will have an unusual taste and aroma.
- If desired, kefir or mayonnaise is added to the marinade.
- Cod tends to quickly give off moisture, so that it is not dry, it is baked in foil or under a layer of vegetables.
- Before baking, it is advisable to grease the fillet with vegetable oil.
- The easiest way: marinate the fish and cook in a culinary sleeve or container with a lid.
- The combination of different spices can dramatically change the taste of the dish. Culinary experts advise using combinations: “paprika and thyme”, “pepper, nutmeg and coriander”, “pepper, tarragon and dill”.
Even cooked according to the standard recipe from the tracks will delight and please all family members and guests. If you wish, you can experiment by adding new components. Thanks to this, a new dish may appear, which will become the "highlight" of the festive table and the pride of the hostess.