For a variety of home menus, offal is sometimes used, including pork liver. Pies, cakes, casserole and pancakes are prepared from it. Pork liver is a low-calorie product that contains a lot of calcium, phosphorus, iron and iodine, a whole group of vitamins.
- pork liver 500 g
- onion 1 PC
- mayonnaise 4 Art. l
- carrot 1 PC
- sunflower oil 2 Art. l
- salt taste
- Soak the liver in cold water. Two hours is enough. After removing the veins, cut into cubes.
- Wash the carrots thoroughly, peel, pass through a grater. Onion cut into half rings.
- Put a deep frying pan on the stove, pour a little oil, fry the chopped vegetables until half cooked.
- Add the offal to the fried vegetables, mix and fry. Stir contents periodically.
- After two to three minutes, the color will change. This means that it is time to send mayonnaise and hot water to the pan. Water should cover the ingredients.
- It remains to cover, reduce the heat and simmer a third of an hour. At the end, add a little salt.
Strongly fry the product is not worth it, otherwise it will turn out a dry and tough dish. If you don’t like mayonnaise, take fresh sour cream.
I do not recommend adding spices, as this will ruin the aroma. Serve better with rice, buckwheat or pasta.
How to cook in a slow cooker
Using a slow cooker, they quickly and easily prepare tasty and healthy dishes. I will share the classic way, which is as simple as possible, but allows you to cook a culinary masterpiece.
- Liver - 1 kg.
- Onion - 200 g.
- Vegetable oil.
- Pepper, salt, laurel.
- Cut the film from the liver, remove the veins and ducts. Remember, a hard film along with large ducts indicates that the ingredient is old.
- After cleaning, soak in milk. In two hours, bitterness will go away, the fibers will soften.
- Then cut into equal slices for uniform frying.
- Peel and chop the medium onion. Cut into cubes or half rings.
- Pour a little oil into the multicooker bowl and warm it up by activating the baking mode. After send chopped onions and pass for about three minutes.
- After this time, lay out the liver, sprinkle with bay leaf, oregano. Mix everything well, close the lid, activate, solve the quenching, cook for a quarter of an hour.
- When the timer beeps, add salt, gently mix again and leave for 10 minutes under the closed lid. You do not need to turn on the device, the dish will reach on its own.
- Serve with sour cream and herbs.
Oven cooking method
Pork liver is cooked in the oven very quickly, and the recipe that I will share is not difficult to call. Garnish is suitable for potatoes, which are baked with the main ingredient. Serve the finished dish with fresh vegetables.
The amount of ingredients is calculated in four servings. If you want variety, expand the side dish. To do this, take one carrot, a few tomatoes and two pieces of bell pepper.
- Liver - 600 g.
- Potato - 4 pcs.
- Onion - 1 head.
- Garlic - 4 cloves.
- Pepper, salt.
- Before cooking, soak the liver in water for half an hour. After the pulp is thoroughly dried, remove the film.
- Cut into large pieces, salt and pepper. I do not use spices.If you want, take some oregano and black pepper. Just do not overdo it, otherwise ruin the taste.
- Peel and cut into thin slices of potatoes, salt in advance. You can add some spices and herbs that are used for cooking baked potato.
- Take an extra sauce does not make sense, the dish will turn out juicy. At the end, you can add a little sour cream.
- I recommend cutting vegetables into large pieces. To give flavor, moisten them with vinegar. Garlic is needed only to give an exquisite aroma, so it is not necessary to grind it.
- Put potatoes, vegetables, onions with garlic and offal on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees. A few minutes until ready to sprinkle with grated cheese.
When you recreate this aromatic treat at home, be sure to decorate it with fresh herbs. Baked pork liver combined with red wine or light beer. If you lead a healthy lifestyle, enjoy a taste without alcohol.
Soft and juicy liver in a pan
Each housewife has her own approach to cooking fresh pork liver in a pan. Therefore, there are many recipes. Fried in my way, it turns out to be tasty, tender, juicy and very soft.
- Liver - 1 kg.
- Egg - 5 pcs.
- Flour - 100 g.
- Chicken broth - 1.5 cups.
- Garlic - 6 cloves.
- Sesame oil - 25 g.
- Chives - 80 g.
- Salt pepper.
- Rinse and dry the liver. Remove the veins from the pulp, cut into walnut-sized squares.
- Chop green onions finely. It is better to chop the garlic with the help of the garlic.
- In a deep bowl, combine garlic and chives. Pour in chicken bouillon, sesame oil, add salt, pepper, mix thoroughly.
- Pour the pieces with the resulting mixture. Mix everything thoroughly, leave to marinate for ten minutes.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl. I use a whisk. If not, beat with a fork.
- Sift flour into a separate bowl (I buy the highest grade).
- First, roll offal in flour, then dip in eggs, send to a skillet. Fry on both sides for several minutes.
This wonderful dish is prepared very quickly, which means that even an unexpected guest will not be taken by surprise.
Sour cream stewed pork liver
The liver is a valuable offal that must be present in the diet of every person. If you cook it with sour cream, you will get a storehouse of nutrients, trace elements and vitamins. Dish doctors It is recommended to use for people suffering from anemia, diabetes and other diseases.
The liver is useful, but not everyone likes it, because it often turns out to be dry and bitter. A dry consistency will make sour cream tender and soft. And in order for the treat to become aromatic and specific, they use wine, spices, seasonings.
- Pork liver - 500 g.
- Sour cream - 250 g.
- Onion - 3 heads.
- Flour, salt, pepper.
- Cut film, remove ducts. Soak for two hours in clean water so as not to get bitter.
- Cut into slices, slightly beat off. Thoroughly roll in flour, fry until a crust appears.
- Fry chopped onion in a second pan. After putting the roasted liver on top, add sour cream, pepper, salt. If the sour cream is thick, pour a little water.
- When the contents of the pan boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. After time, the dish is ready.
Serve on the second with buckwheat, pasta or potatoes. If there is fresh herbs in the refrigerator, be sure to use it for decoration.
In conclusion, I will pay attention to the benefits of the liver, I will give useful tips. Fresh by-product contains many vitamins and minerals that the human body needs.
The weight of one pork liver is approximately 1.5 kg. The surface is light brown, smooth, glossy. It was not without reason that I drew attention to the appearance. The fact is that buying a low-quality product will at best turn into a spoiled dish. At worst, health will suffer.
When buying, pay attention to smell and color. A sour smell or a changed color is a signal of danger and spoiled meat. The most healthy, tender and delicious is considered the liver of a young pig.
The low calorie content, together with the vitamin-mineral composition, makes this by-product dietary and healthy. So you can go to the kitchen and cook for dinner a real delicacy.