Any salmon, salmon, chinook salmon, chum salmon, trout or pink salmon is perfect for salting at home. However, fresh salmon is considered the best salting solution. Of course, you can salt and river, but I did not have to deal with it. So, I’m starting an article on how to deliciously salmon at home.
I settled on a product that modern stores offer. We are talking about frozen salmon in its entirety or fillet. In both cases, you get a "yummy". Although, if you follow a diet, it is not worth abusing salty.
If you bought a whole fish, there are two possibilities. Salt salmon whole or salted fillet, and put fins, spine, tail and head in the ear. I prefer the second option.
- salmon 3-3.5 kg
- coarse salt 5 Art. l
- sugar 1.5 Art. l
- aginomoto 1 tsp
- laurel, pepper taste
- Clean the fish, remove the tail, head, fins, spine.
- In one bowl, mix salt and sugar, as for salting trout. Strictly observe the amount of ingredients. If you take more sugar, the dish will go bad.
- After processing the fillet, lay it on the table with the skin down. Use a knife along the midline to make a deep incision. Then sprinkle the fillet ajinomoto. This seasoning will provide a rich taste.
- Grate the fillet with a mixture of sugar and salt with special responsibility. The mixture should fall into all the slots and slots on the fillet.
- After completing the preparation, sprinkle the fillet with pepper and spread the bay leaves on it.
- Lay out a large plastic bag on the table, pour salt into it, and lay the fillet on top with the skin down. If there are two pieces, lay the second flesh up.
- Remove air from the bag, put on a platter and refrigerate.
- After some time, the fish will begin to secrete juice. Since it will drain to the bottom of the package, turn it over once a day.
- After four days, the dish is ready to eat.
You have learned the easiest way to salmon at home. Fat, which is a lot in red fish, quickly oxidizes in the air. For this reason, store salting in sunflower oil, and buy red fish in certified stores. Otherwise, slightly salted fish can be hazardous to health, because parasites can be present in it.
Homemade salted salmon fillet and abdomen recipes
It is hard to imagine a festive table without salted fish. It is served as an independent snack or used for cooking New Year's salads and sandwiches. Salted salmon is sold in stores. True, the purchased product contains preservatives. That is why people who care about health salted salmon at home.
Making salted fish at home is easy, the recipes are very simple. If you have not yet salted the fish, try. And my story will help in this, where I will share two recipes. The first will tell you how to salt the fillet, and the second - the belly.
How to salt the fillet?
- salmon - 500 g.
- salt - 1 tsp.
- sugar - 1 pinch.
- Peel the fish, put in a deep bowl and add salt and sugar. The result is a slightly salted dish. Therefore, it can be included in the diet.
- Grate the fillet with sugar and salt.After that, cover the dishes and send to the refrigerator.
- It will take at least 8 hours to pickle the pieces. In the case of a whole fillet - about a day.
Salted salmon is great for preparing appetizers, salads, sushi and even pancakes. To easily have a bite, just put a piece of fillet on the bread. It will turn out very tasty.
How to salt the abdomen?
If you want to taste delicious fish, salt salmon belly or salmon. The cost of the product is much lower than the fillet, and the taste is practically the same.
- abdomen of salmon.
- sugar - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- salt - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- lemon juice.
- dill, pepper.
- First of all, prepare a mixture for rubbing. Take two tablespoons of salt, one tablespoon of sugar and a little pepper. Mix everything.
- Put chopped dill on a plastic wrap, and on top of the abdomen. Sprinkle the billet thoroughly with the prepared mixture and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Wrap the belly in a film and leave at room temperature for two hours.
- After the abdomen has expired, soak in cognac and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- After a day, lubricate the abdomen with a mixture of lemon juice and vegetable oil.
- That's all. I serve the salted belly to the table in the form of sandwiches, adding fresh cucumber. Great treat.
There are many ways of salting salmon. However, I believe that these two recipes are the fastest, tastiest and easiest.
Salt salmon slices
People who are fortunate enough to taste the taste of salted salmon are interested in cooking technology. I will tell my recipe for salting. I hope you will enjoy. In addition, it looks great on New Year's table.
Any red fish is salted in various ways, and each is good in its own way. Some salt the whole fillet, while others cannot wait to taste the delicious fish, salted with slices. I am inclined to the second option.
- salmon fillet - 0.5 kg.
- salt - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- sugar - 0.5 tbsp. spoons.
- Remove the skin, remove the seeds and cut the fish into slices. Mix sugar with salt.
- Put the pieces in a small form, then sprinkle with the resulting mixture.
- Put the second layer and sprinkle with the mixture again. The procedure is repeated until the fish runs out.
- It remains to cover the form with a lid and leave at room temperature. Slices completely salted in about 2 hours. After this time, boldly enjoy salted salmon.
To cook a real delicious salmon, it will take no more than 3 hours. Try to pickle the fish. I'm sure you will love it.
How to salt salmon for sushi
Sushi is a Japanese dish that uses rice, vinegar and seafood, including salted salmon.
In the old days, they could taste the dish only in a special institution, where real masters are engaged in cooking. Today make sushi easy and at home.
Since salted red fish is not an expensive pleasure, consider the ideal salmon salting recipe for sushi. So you will save a lot of money and easily prepare yourself a masterpiece of Japanese cuisine.
- salmon fillet - 400 g.
- lemon - 1 pc.
- coarse salt - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- red pepper - 0.5 tsp.
- Rinse the fillet and cut into medium slices. Grate the slices with pepper and salt. I recommend immediately mixing the ingredients, and then use the mixture.
- Put food foil in several layers on the table. Put the pieces on the foil so that they do not touch each other.
- Put a few circles of lemon on top and sprinkle with lemon juice. Wrap carefully.
- Leave the fish wrapped in foil at room temperature for 60 minutes. After that, move to the refrigerator for two to three hours. If not all slices of fillet have been used up, be sure to put them in the freezer.
- Remove from the refrigerator and start making sushi.
Thanks to the recipe, you don’t have to every time you want to taste the taste of a Japanese dish, pack up and go to a Japanese restaurant.You can do everything at home.
Salt delicious salmon in oil
From recipes learn to salt salmon in oil not only quickly, but also tasty. In addition, intricate ingredients are not required.
- salmon - 700 g.
- vegetable oil - 100 ml.
- sugar - 1 tsp.
- salt - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- laurel and pepper.
- Defrost fish in the refrigerator. This will take about 4 hours.
- Separate the fillet and cut into slices. The size of the pieces is determined by your preference.
- Now we have to prepare the brine. Pour vegetable oil into the middle dishes, add laurel, sugar and salt, a little pepper.
- Pour the processed fillet into brine and mix well.
- Move the fish in brine to a jar and put in the refrigerator for about ten hours. During this time, salmon will salt well.
Salted salmon made in this way will be a great appetizer. In addition, it is stored in the refrigerator for about a week. So you can delight your family with delicious sandwiches and salads for a long time.
Salted salmon in brine recipe
Salmon is a valuable commercial fish. Tender meat leaves no one indifferent, it is customary to cook, bake, fry, salt, even in brine.
You can buy salted salmon in any supermarket, which can be said about specialized fish stores. However, I prefer to cook this excellent appetizer at home, not trusting the producers.
Salting does not require much time. Even a novice chef will cope with this culinary task. The result is simply gorgeous. I once brought my dish to New Years corporate party. All colleagues were crazy.
- salmon - 1 kg.
- salt - 100 g.
- sugar - 50 g.
- vinegar - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- The first stage of cooking involves cutting salmon. Thaw freshly frozen fish on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Thaw in a microwave or water is not worth it.
- After washing the salmon, we set about cutting. Cut off the tail and head, remove the fins and giblets.
- We cut along the spine into two parts, separate the ridge and ribs. The result is two fillets. Set them aside and switch to the preparation of the pickling mixture.
- Pour half a liter of water into the pan, add salt and sugar and boil. After this, cool the liquid and add vinegar.
- Put the fish in a pan with brine and lightly crush it with oppression. After 4 hours, remove from the dishes and dry a little.
- Cut salted fish into slices, put in a clean saucepan, sprinkle with vegetable oil and refrigerate overnight. During this time, the fillet will be saturated with oil and become tender.
- In the morning, get out of the fridge and enjoy yummy.
Put the cooked salmon in brine in a salad or make a sandwich. In any case, it will turn out very tasty.
The article on salmon salting recipes at home has come to an end. I told everything about salting fish that I know. Lastly, I’ll add some useful tips.
Almost all of the salmon represented in the stores did not grow in the sea, but on a regular farm. When choosing fish in a store, pay attention to texture, smell and color. Each of these factors should be pleasant, not repulsive.
If you buy a product that has been lying on the counter for a long time, you don’t have to rely on good taste. According to experts, the freshest products can only be purchased at the fish store.
Salmon-based dishes are delicious. However, they are not recommended for people who suffer from diseases of blood vessels, kidneys and heart. And this is contrary to the fact that red fish contains many useful elements, calcium and phosphorus. If everything is in order with health, feel free to treat yourself to a salty delicacy.
Salted salmon is a great appetizer, which in most cases is served in the form of slices. For salting, it is customary to use salt, sugar and pepper.Some prominent chefs add coriander, dill and other herbs.
There are no certain restrictions on the ingredients for salting salmon. The main thing is that they blend well and do not spoil the taste. Good luck in the kitchen!