Everyone used a microwave, but not many people think about the versatility of this device. In the microwave, not only heat food. I will tell you how to cook beets in the microwave quickly and tasty.
Sometimes need boil beets quickly for salad, but no time. What to do in such a situation?
To solve the problem, you need a microwave. Using this device, it will turn out to boil faster than in a pan on the stove. I will consider four ways to cook boiled beets in the microwave. And you decide which one is closer.
Calorie boiled beets
After potatoes, beets take the second place among the vegetables used to prepare your favorite food. And not in vain, because it is bright, tasty, retains a complex of vitamins throughout the entire storage period and does not need special conditions for growing. No wonder she is considered the queen of Russian cuisine.
Our ancestors began to cook beets, although at first they used only vegetable leaves.
Cooking boiled root vegetables is very simple, and you can store them in the refrigerator for several days.
Fast way in 5 minutes
I suggest a quick way to cook beets in the microwave in 5 minutes.
- beet 4 PC
- Wash and clean the root crop. Cut into small pieces.
- Put the pieces in a glass bowl or other container. Pour a glass of water into the floor and cover.
- Put the bowl in the microwave, turning on at maximum power, for 5-7 minutes. After that check availability. Take the knife and stick the tip. If it comes in freely, the beets are ready.
- Drain the water. Wait two to three minutes for it to cool.
Do not leave boiled vegetables in water, because they become watery and tasteless. Be sure to drain the water.
Cook the beets in the microwave in the bag
Consider the method of cooking beets in the microwave, involving the use of the package. I take a perforated baking bag. If there is no such package, the usual packing is suitable, just first check that it does not melt in the microwave.
- Wash the root crop and dry with paper towels. Then put in a perforated bag or cellophane. After making several punctures, tie.
- Place the bag in the microwave, setting the baking power to maximum. Let it bake for 15 minutes, and then lie in the bag for another 5 minutes.
- Take out the cooked beets. Sometimes, cutting the product, the hostess discovers that it is in the middle of the damp. It's not scary, raw root crops are more useful. If this ingredient is not suitable, put the vegetable in the microwave for a few more minutes.
Boiled beets are not only tasty, but rich in vitamins and minerals, so it is recommended to use it to normalize the intestines and with various diseases. It is especially useful for pregnant women during a period of reduced immunity.
How to cook beets in the microwave without water
To microwave, you do not need water. A medium-sized root crop, a small pan with a lid, or a roasting pan are suitable for this process.
- Wash the vegetable, cut the tail and top. Peeling is not necessary.
- Dry with a paper towel, make a few punctures with a knife or a toothpick.
- Put in a pan and send to the oven, turning on the power of 800 watts. Wait 10 minutes, then take a look. Leave for another 5 minutes if it is damp.
- Remove the finished product and fill with cold water for quick cooling.
The cooking time of beets depends on the capacity of the oven and the size of the root crop. On average, it takes 10-20 minutes. If you cook several vegetables, it is advisable to pick them one size. The more powerful the microwave, the less time you spend cooking.
How to bake beets in the microwave
In a microwave, beets are baked in whole or in pieces, removing the peel. I will tell you my version of how I cook this vegetable in the microwave.
- Wash the root crop and make a few punctures with a knife. Thanks to the holes, the beets will not explode under the influence of temperature and will not splash the juice with the juice.
- Put a paper towel on the bottom of the microwave, and a vegetable on top of the bottom so that the tail looks up.
- Turn on the oven at maximum power and bake for 5-10 minutes. If you cook several root vegetables, increase the cooking time at the rate of 3 minutes for each vegetable.
- If the beets are damp at the end of the time, wrap in foil to finish the baking and put back into the oven.
- Turn off the microwave, remove, and wait until it cools in the foil.
Now I will reveal the secret of the right choice of beets in the store. A quality vegetable has a smooth peel, bright leaves and a long root. If the root is thin - the root crop is good. Serve the vegetable in the form of straws or cubes for a side dish. And don't forget about beet kvass.
Many people think that cooking in the microwave is bad for your health, because the food is heated from the inside. It is proved that this is an erroneous opinion. The microwave oven works on the principle of an oven and microwaves fall on the product from the outside. Therefore, cooked food will only benefit, not harm.
- Buy beets with a thin peel of a Bordeaux variety in the store, because it quickly cooks and turns out delicious at home.
- Never salt the vegetable while cooking, it is better to salt the already cooked dish.
- Do not remove the peel if you do not eat immediately, otherwise vitamin C is lost.
- Pour the dried root crop with hot water and set for a while. He will return to its former form.
- Do not pour the beet broth, it is good for health.
- Use beetroot leaves. There are most vitamins.
Beetroot is a therapeutic product that will become an excellent assistant for various diseases and their prevention. It is recommended to use it for such violations in the body:
- pain during menstruation;
- reduced immunity;
- low hemoglobin.
Eat the root vegetable raw and cooked. Drink beet juice, because it is even more useful. But remember, you can’t always eat beets with certain diseases, including:
- chronic diarrhea;
In other cases, try to pamper yourself with dishes at least twice a week, especially since you already know how to quickly cook it in the microwave.
The structure of the root includes vitamins, phosphorus, iodine, copper and minerals. Beetroot removes toxins and purifies the blood, normalizes metabolism and interferes with weight gain. Unlike other vegetables, it does not lose beneficial components under the influence of heat treatment.
I hope that you liked my ways of cooking beets in the microwave, and you will improve the diet with a healthy product without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.