Hello, culinary and sweets lovers! Today I’ll tell you how to make cheesecake at home. Hot dessert is characterized by a light, airy texture that will not leave anyone indifferent.
The first to start making cheesecake were the inhabitants of ancient Greece. However, Arnold Reben, the owner of a New York-based restaurant called Turf, is considered the author of the classic recipe.
A classic treat is based on creamy or curd cheese. But there are recipes for using different types of cheeses.
Classic Cheesecake Recipe
- cookies "Jubilee" 300 g
- butter 130 g
- cream cheese 450 g
- sour cream 450 g
- sugar 200 g
- egg 3 PC
- cinnamon 1 tsp
- First grind the cookies, as for the recipe for cocoa sausages. A coffee grinder or blender is suitable for this purpose.
- Combine cookies with softened butter and cinnamon. After mixing, a mixture resembling oily crumb is obtained. Put it in a round shape of a detachable type, distribute it on the sides and bottom, and send it to the refrigerator.
- Put the cream cheese in a deep bowl and beat with a mixer at minimum speed. In the process of whipping, slowly add sugar to the cheese mass and beat the eggs. Add sour cream to the mass and beat.
- Remove the previously prepared form from the refrigerator, carefully pour the cheese mass into it and level it.
- Wrap the bottom of the mold with several layers of food foil. As a result, the liquid from the water bath will not get into the form.
- Place the mold in a large-diameter container with hot water. It is important that the water reaches the middle of the side of the mold.
- I recommend baking dessert in an oven preheated to 160 degrees for 50 minutes. After the oven, turn off and open the door. After half an hour, take out a form with a treat.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, swipe along the sides of the mold with a wet knife and refrigerate for 5 hours. After the form, remove. Sprinkle the finished delicacy with cocoa and decorate using mint leaves, strawberries, raspberries and other berries. Click here for 4 New York cheesecake recipes.
Could you have previously thought that cheesecake at home is so easy to prepare? Now decorate any festive table with an excellent culinary masterpiece that will shock guests.
How to cook cottage cheese cheesecake
Cheesecake - A dessert representing American cuisine. It is prepared on the basis of cheese or cottage cheese by baking or in the form of an air souffle. Many culinary experts add vanilla, chocolate, liquor, fresh fruits and sweet additives to the treat.
The main element of the dish is a sweet cheese mass, which is spread on top of a layer of crushed cookies. However, it is often used as a basis plain sponge cake.
The technology for making cheesecake from cottage cheese is simple, but allows you to create a work of culinary art. Therefore, it is so popular among confectioners.
- Chopped Cookies - 300 g
- Ghee - 150 g
- Hazelnuts - 100 g.
- Blueberries - 500 g.
- Cottage cheese - 500 g.
- Sugar - 6 tbsp. spoons.
- Gelatin - 15 g.
- White Chocolate - 100 g.
- Cream - 150 ml.
- Grenadine - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- To make a cheesecake, combine chopped cookies with crushed nuts, melted butter and mix. Put the finished mass in a mold and tamp.
- Pour blueberries into a blender glass and chop. Beat and pass through a sieve. Combine the prepared berry mass with cottage cheese and mix.
- Into the resulting aromatic mass, add sugar, grenadine and pre-soaked gelatin. Beat the mixture to make the consistency thicker.
- Pour the finished blueberry cream over the cookies and smooth. Send the form with the dessert in the refrigerator for a third of an hour. Meanwhile, break the chocolate into small pieces and melt on fire, adding a third of the cream provided for in the recipe.
- Whip the remaining cream and add to the cooled chocolate mass. Cover the cheesecake with a delicious mixture on top. Remains to clean in the refrigerator for the night. During this time, he will reach readiness and acquire the necessary taste.
As you can see, cheesecake is being prepared without ovens and ovens, which is good for the chef. If you want to diversify the taste of goodies, add some liquor. As a result, it will receive unsurpassed taste.
New York Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake - a cult dessert. Despite the simplicity of preparation, it represents something more than christmas cake or pie. And this is against the background of the fact that cooking does not require hard-to-reach and expensive ingredients.
Even a novice cook can cope with a culinary task. The main thing is a recipe and a set of products. To prevent the cheese filling from becoming cracked, room temperature ingredients are used. That's the whole cheesecake secret that goes well with cocoa or tea.
- Shortbread Cookies - 100 g.
- Butter - 30 g.
- Cream Cheese - 480 g
- Fat cream - 150 ml.
- Sugar - 50 g.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- First prepare the base. Grind shortbread cookies, combine with softened butter and a few tablespoons of water. Thoroughly mixing, get a moistened mass, which lay on the bottom of the parchment covered with detachable shape and form a cake. Send the dessert base to the oven for ten minutes. The temperature is 180 degrees.
- To prepare the filling, mix the eggs with sugar, vanilla and cream. Add cheese to the resulting mass and beat with a mixer until a creamy and lush consistency is obtained. Put the finished filling on top of the cake.
- Release excess air from the filling. To do this, slightly raise the form above the table and drop it sharply. Repeat several times. As a result, the mass will be compacted, and the voids in the cheese filling will disappear.
- Bake a cheesecake in a water bath so that the temperature is evenly distributed. Pour practically boiling water into the container. Bring the cheesecake to readiness at a low temperature, otherwise the souffle will quickly rise and become covered with cracks.
- At a temperature of 150 degrees, keep the dessert in the oven for 90 minutes. Then turn off the oven, but do not rush to get the treat. I recommend doing this after 3 hours, after putting the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- To decorate the finished dish, I recommend using icing sugar, icing, grated chocolate or fresh berries.
Before cooking the New York cheesecake, watch a workshop by Jamie Oliver. Thanks to the training video, you can do the job perfectly. An experienced chef will tell you a few ideas about decorating a dessert.
How to make cheesecake without baking
An American cheesecake based on cottage cheese or cream cheese is baked in the oven. However, the British, contrary to tradition, make the dish differently and dispense with baking.
- Cookies - 200 g.
- Milk - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Honey - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- Cream - 200 ml.
- Butter - 50 g.
- Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Cottage cheese - 400 g.
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Bananas - 3 pcs.
- Sour cream - 100 g.
- Gelatin - 8 g.
- Vanilla sugar - 1 teaspoon.
- Combine crushed cookies with milk and butter. After mixing, put the mass into the mold, covering it with greased parchment. Flatten everything carefully and press down a little. Send for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Mash the peeled bananas and pour the gelatin in a small bowl with lemon juice. Once it swells, move to a saucepan and heat to dissolve.
- Combine the banana mass with gelatin, mix and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Constantly look at clockotherwise it’s jelly.
- Mix the cottage cheese passed through a strainer with lemon zest, honey and sour cream. Beat the resulting mixture slightly. Do the same with a mass of powdered sugar, vanilla sugar and cream. Mix the mixture with banana puree.
- Mix the finished stuffing and put on top of the cookies. As such, the cheesecake should stand in the refrigerator until morning.
The recipe provides for the use of a variety of cookies, and instead honey add - cocoa powder. As a result, instead of a banana delicacy, you get a chocolate cheesecake.
Cheesecake is a dessert dish that can resist any festive pastries. According to gourmets, it is impossible to imagine a delicious life without a treat that melts in your mouth. I do not advise eating a dish daily, it will ruin the figure.
There is information that a similar dish with the cheesecake described in the article was prepared by the Greeks BC. Chefs of those times mixed flour with honey and whipped soft cheese. The resulting mixture was placed in small molds and cooled. Later, berries began to be used for decoration, and nuts appeared in the composition.
After some time, the recipe for a culinary masterpiece was borrowed by cooks from other countries. As a result, they began to cook in the Scandinavian countries and on the territory of modern Britain. In 1929, a cheesecake caught the eye of Arnold Reben, the owner of a famous restaurant in New York. Having tasted a piece of “cheese pie”, he prepared it himself, making adjustments to the recipe. The result was a classic cheesecake recipe.
I hope the story about making cheesecake turned out to be useful and interesting. Good luck in the kitchen. See you!