Some shopkeepers don't like it. They like to brew beer at home. Brewing is done by companies and enterprises. On the shelves of stores there is a wide range of brands and varieties. People love this drink.
Beer is a low-alcohol drink with a bitter taste and hop aroma. This is the first drink created by alcoholic fermentation. The ancient Sumerians, who lived 9,000 years ago, brewed a drink from barley malt. According to assumptions, the predecessor appeared in the Stone Age. In those days, people made it by fermenting cereals.
Today, home brewing is popular, because a homemade drink is tastier than the purchased one.
I’ll tell you about the intricacies of cooking at home. Guided by tips, you will prepare refreshments in the kitchen. The main thing is to take the necessary ingredients: brewer's yeast, malt, hops and water.
Some buy special hops, I use homemade. I have a “female” hops growing in my country house, which I collect and harvest. Hops ripen in August. The collected raw materials are dried and crushed.
Malt is a germinated grain of wheat, barley or rye. I use barley. I brew beer from grain or malt extract. It is not easy to grow malt, I buy it in a store.
How to make beer from bread
European monks began brewing beer in the 12th century. Later, their Russian colleagues borrowed cooking technology. For a long time, home brewing was prohibited in our country, but with the advent of democracy everybody got this opportunity.
I will consider two time-tested ways of making homemade beer, and you, choosing a convenient option, prepare wonderful nectar.
Cooking is divided into 3 stages: cooking, fermentation and ripening.
You can buy a mini-brewery and a special beer wort to simplify the brewing process.
- sugar 200 g
- malt 400 g
- crackers 800 g
- hop 200 g
- yeast 35 g
- water 13 l
- peppercorns taste
- In a large bowl I mix 100 grams of sugar, 400 grams of malt and twice as many rusks.
- I pour two hundred grams of dry hops with boiling water and add a few peas of pepper.
- In 6 liters of heated water I breed 35 grams of yeast and add a mixture of pepper and hops. I am mixing.
- I leave the container with the resulting gruel in a warm room for a day. I don’t cover with a lid. Then I add 100 grams of sugar and pour 4 liters of heated water.
- I put the dishes on a small fire and cook for 4 hours. Should not boil.
- The next day I repeat the cooking. After draining the liquid, add 3 liters of boiled water to the slurry.
- After 60 minutes, the liquid is drained again and added to the first broth. Then boil the wort, remove the foam and filter.
- I bottled and cork tightly. Two weeks of aging in a cool place and homemade beer is ready.
- I pour three liters of water into the pan, add a kilogram of sugar, mix and bring to a boil. I put the container with malt extract in heated water for 15 minutes.
- At the end of the procedure, I pour the malt extract and sugar syrup into the dishes for fermentation. I am mixing.
- I pour 20 liters of pre-filtered water into the same vessel. The main thing is that the temperature of the solution is suitable for fermentation. This is 20 degrees.
- Add yeast.The procedure is very responsible, the quality of the homemade drink depends on the quality of the fermentation of the wort. Brewer's yeast is sold along with malt extract.
- I pour the yeast into the container with the wort evenly and as quickly as possible. Future drink is not recommended for a long time in contact with air.
- Tightly close the lid of the fermentation utensil so that air does not enter. After installing the hydrodoser - a rubber stopper that closes the hole in the lid. Pour chilled boiled water into the device.
- I move the closed vessel into a dark room with a temperature of 20 degrees. I stand the wort for a week. I don’t open the lid during fermentation.
- After the specified time, I bottled and added hops - a natural flavor. I put several hop cones in each bottle, and only after that I fill the bottles.
- In each bottle I add sugar at the rate of two teaspoons per liter. After the bottle, cork, shake and leave in a cool place for 14 days to ripen.
- After this period, the homemade foamy drink is suitable for consumption.
If you’re tired of store beer or don’t trust modern producers, use my recipe. By the way, you can present a glass of homemade beer to guests as new year present.
Hop beer recipe
The taste of home-made beer will surprise, because it differs from the purchased one, the home-made has a different level of quality.
- yeast - 50 gr.
- boiling water - 10 liters
- dry hops - 100 gr.
- sugar - 600 gr.
- molasses - 200 gr.
- some flour
- Grind hops with flour and sugar.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a vessel with 10 liters of boiling water, mix and insist for three hours.
- I filter the liquid and pour it into the barrel. I add yeast with molasses to this and mix.
- I leave to wander. Not more than three days.
- After pouring into clean bottles and corking.
- It remains to send the beer to a cold place for one week for ripening.
Homemade instant beer
- malt - 200 gr.
- hops - 200 gr.
- yeast - 35 gr.
- water - 10 liters
- I mix two hundred grams of grated hops with a similar amount of ground malt. I pour the resulting mixture into a bag of flax.
- Through a bag in a large container, pour boiling water in a thin stream. I mix in the bag, filter and cool 10 liters of solution.
- In a container with a solution I add 35 grams of yeast diluted in warm water. I leave wandering for two days.
- After the yeast sink to the bottom. Bottled homemade beer and cork.
- I send the bottles in the refrigerator for 4 days.
Own home brewery
Now you can make a drink at home. You are convinced that this does not require special equipment. With what to drink it, decide for yourself. In my opinion, homemade beer goes well with salted salmon.