New Year is a controversial holiday in terms of menu. While some put on the table a variety of treats, the second modestly fast. Regardless of category and finances, the holiday will take place anyway. At least there are delicious New Year's salads on the table.
People who don’t like experiments, improvisations and various innovations traditionally have olivier and Herring under a Fur Coat.
Fans of experiments are trying to update well-known recipes, come up with new salads that are not ashamed to serve pork or chicken.
New Year's salads recipes
The New Year's table is an integral part of the festivities, the main decorations of which are salads. Mistresses want to surprise guests and loved ones with wonderful dishes.
My first place is Tsarskiy salad. For its preparation does not require expensive products.
- carrot 2 PC
- eggs 3 PC
- potatoes 3 PC
- red fish 200 g
- Red caviar 2 Art. l
- dill 2 twigs
- mayonnaise (any fat content) 100-200 g
- Boil eggs, potatoes and carrots, carefully peel and cool.
- Put boiled carrots passed through the grater on the foil and carefully level. Grease with mayonnaise.
- Also put grated potatoes, lightly salt and grease with mayonnaise.
- Next come grated eggs and mayonnaise.
- Cut the fish fillet into strips and chop the dill. Then put the products on the foil.
- Salad, starting from the edge where the fish, wrap roll and send in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Before serving, cut the roll into slices, carefully lay on a dish and decorate with greens and caviar.
The second position in my ranking is occupied by the Little Mermaid salad. He is preparing in a matter of minutes.
- canned seaweed - 100 g
- canned corn - 100 g
- crab meat - 100 g
- eggs - 2 pcs.
- bow - 1 head
- lettuce, mayonnaise.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix seaweed and corn.
- Add the chopped onion and diced crab meat here.
- Add chopped boiled eggs to the mixed ingredients and mix.
- It remains to lay on lettuce leaves and decorate with mayonnaise.
I gave the middle ground in the ranking to the crayfish salad. I don’t know if you will like this treat, but my family is delighted with it.
- cancer necks - 200 g
- green salad - 100 g
- potatoes - 100 g
- eggs - 2 pcs.
- cauliflower - 100 g
- tomatoes - 100 g
- green peas - 50 g
- carrot - 50 g
- salad dressing and mayonnaise.
- Fold the cancer necks with claws into non-oxidizable dishes, pour plenty of salad dressing on them and leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Boil the vegetables. Cut cabbage, carrots, tomatoes and potatoes into cubes, mix, season with mayonnaise and lay out on a salad bowl. Place the crayfish on top.
- Around the resulting slide lay green salad, tomatoes, peas, carrots and cabbage.
- To prepare salad dressing, mix ground pepper, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and shake thoroughly.
The next salad is called Bullfinch. Even its name corresponds to the New Year theme.
- boiled potatoes - 3 pcs.
- bow - 2 heads
- boiled chicken - 200 g
- fried mushrooms - 200 g
- pickled cucumbers - 3 pcs.
- boiled eggs - 4 pcs.
- mayonnaise, cream cheese.
- Peel the onion, pour over water, chop and fry. Mushrooms, meat, cucumbers cut into cubes.
- Gently peel the eggs. Proteins leave for the last layer. Skip the other ingredients through a coarse grater.
- From the grated potatoes, make the first layer so that it resembles a bird. Better to do with wet hands.
- Lay other layers first. The order of the layers: potatoes, onions, chicken meat, mushrooms, cream cheese, yolk and protein. Grease each layer with mayonnaise.
- For decoration, take bell pepper and olives. Bullfinch can be planted on a branch made of cucumber.
Here is such a wonderful and at the same time simple recipe for a delicious salad.
Closes the top five Italian salad.
- duck breast - 250 g
- orange - 1 pc.
- radicchio salad - 1 pc.
- grapefruit - 1 pc.
- leaf salad - 50 g
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. spoons
- butter - a tablespoon
- olive oil - 4 tbsp. spoons
- salt and pepper
- Cook the marinade. In a bowl, mix olive oil with pepper, salt and lemon juice. Set the marinade for about half an hour and stir occasionally.
- Lubricate the duck breast with the infused marinade.
- Peel fruits, remove seeds and membranes and cut into slices.
- Rinse the salad, dry with a towel and chop.
- Fry the pickled and chopped duck breast in butter on both sides.
- Put lettuce on the dish, then pour dressing. After lay out the slices of the brisket mixed with citrus and pour the dressing.
I revealed to you 5 of my secret New Year’s recipes.
Video recipe Herring under a fur coat and Mimosa
Salad is a wonderful opportunity for the hostess to demonstrate ingenuity and imagination. I’ll tell you how I cooked New Year’s salads, how and with what ingredients I replace in case of absence.
- Poultry meat goes well with mushrooms, carrots and boiled potatoes. The delicate taste of meat is complemented by nuts, salad leaves and fruits: prunes, dried apricots, pineapples, apples and oranges. Based on these products, you will get an excellent salad.
- If there is no poultry meat, take squid meat. The main thing is to prepare it correctly. It is enough to dip the meat in hot water for 15 minutes. Seafood can lose taste if you overdo it during cooking. Scallops, shrimp and other marine life are thermally processed in minutes.
- Dishes from fresh lettuce leaves look wonderful. True, you can’t cook in advance, because they become soft, lose color and volume. If you want to preserve the vitamins and presentation of the leaves, tear them with your hands, and do not cut with a knife.
- If there is no drying for leaves, after washing, shake and place on a paper towel for a quarter of an hour. During this time, they will dry out.
- Season salads with leaves and herbs just before serving.
New Year's table setting
- On the New Year's table should be present vegetable dishes.
- Put meat dishes on a pillow of lettuce leaves. Use boiled vegetables for decoration.
- Decorate some dishes in the New Year's style. On a puff salad you can put a clock with vegetables out of vegetables.
- If you plan to make olivier, put on a plate a high slide and stick dill or parsley branches in it.
- Salads can be laid out as Santa Claus. Children will be delighted with such a dish, and adults will like it.
- Would you like to serve a beautiful and original dish on the New Year's table? Make a turkey salad in baskets made of oranges.
As you have seen, the herring under a fur coat and olivier has a wonderful replacement.If you intend to celebrate the New Year in an original way, try to move away from traditional treats and prepare something new.