With the onset of warm days, hungry for the winter in the sun, people are drawn to nature. What could be better than a barbecue in the fresh air? But it’s not always possible to leave a stuffy apartment. And I really want to feel the holiday and “dig in” the meat. Then the oven will come to the rescue. Fragrant, baked kebab will delight you and loved ones. In addition to the lack of a pungent smell of haze, it is no different from the classic version.
Preparation for cooking
BBQ cooking chicken at home has several advantages: poultry is easily digested, it is less high-calorie than pork, more tender and everyone will like it without exception. Chicken is pickled and cooked faster than pork and even veal. But it’s important not to dry it when cooking, otherwise the dish will be spoiled. Here are some rules of baking technology:
- For barbecue in the oven, the loin, hips, and wings are used. The pickling time depends on the meat chosen. Fillet is marinated for up to three hours, the remaining parts are up to five. If possible, you can leave it overnight.
- It is undesirable to cut the meat in too small pieces, it is likely that it will turn out dry. The optimal size is 3x3 cm.
- So that the meat does not dry out, a culinary sleeve or foil is often used.
- The onion is cut in half rings, it will also be baked in the oven. If you use skewers, you need to cut into rings so that it is convenient to string.
Choose and cook chicken marinade
There are many marinade recipes. The taste, softness of meat depends on it. Use vinegar, ketchup, tomato juice, kefir, mayonnaise, honey, soy sauce, mineral water with gas, etc. Properly selected spices play an important role. Any of the presented recipes can be varied by adding vegetables: tomatoes, peppers, eggplant. If you like baked vegetables, the dish will be just great. Do not be afraid to add vegetable oil to the marinade, even if it is not in the recipe. The meat will turn out juicy and will not dry out.
I will consider several recipes for marinade, and you just have to choose your favorite and enjoy the dish. Recipes are designed for 1.5-2 kg of meat.
Classic Vinegar Marinade
The classic recipe used for all types of meat.
table vinegar - 50-55 ml, water - 50-55 ml (mineral with gas), sugar, salt, spices, two (three) onions.
ordinary vinegar can be replaced with balsamic, apple. Combine everything, cut the onion in the form of rings or half rings.
Thanks to the lactic acid found in kefir, the meat will become even more tender. And spices provide a piquant taste.
kefir (450 ml), two (three) onions, salt, one clove of garlic, spices.
chop onion and garlic finely and mix with the rest of the marinade.
If you choose fillet for kebab, kefir is better to take bold. For other parts of the chicken you can use lean.
The chicken in such a marinade will turn out to be very tasty and tender. And it is prepared as simple as possible.
chicken, spices, mayonnaise (450 g), two onions.
salt the meat, sprinkle with spices (spices are taken to choose from, you can use a mixture for barbecue), pour a packet of mayonnaise. Onion cut into half rings or rings. Mix everything.
On mineral water
A very simple recipe.
mineral water (sparkling) - 1 liter, two (three) onions, 2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable), salt, spices, a little sugar.
in mineral water, dilute salt and sugar, add spices, oil and onion chopped with rings.
With soy sauce
The meat in such a marinade will acquire a piquant taste. When choosing the amount of salt, it is necessary to consider that soy sauce is salty.
sauce - 45 ml, juice of half a lemon, herbs (thyme, dill), spices, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, 2 onions.
chopped garlic and chopped herbs to the other ingredients, and chop the onions as you like.
In lemon juice
one lemon, vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons, salt, spices, onion - 2 pieces.
combine lemon juice with all components, cut onion in half rings.
The standard recipe for lemon marinade can be varied and added at will: two cloves of garlic, paprika, fresh herbs (cilantro, thyme), rosemary, red pepper.
In own juice
Often resort to pickling in their own juice. To do this, you only need salt, spices, black and red pepper. Meat must be marinated in its own juice for at least 24 hours.
Classic skewers of chicken in the oven on skewers
The idea of cooking barbecue skewers in the oven is simply great. When there is no way to feast on nature, on the grill, the oven will come to the rescue. The marinade recipe is given using soy sauce, you can cook any other.
- chicken fillet 1000 g
- vegetable oil 2 Art. l
- soy sauce 25 ml
- salt ½ tsp
- spices seasoning taste
- Wash the meat, cut into portions.
- In a container, mix vegetable oil, soy sauce, salt, spices. When salt, do not forget that soy sauce is very salty.
- Put the meat in the marinade, leave for a couple of hours.
- Since the skewers are wooden so that they do not carbonize, they must be soaked for 2 hours in water.
- Prepare a container for the width of the skewers.
- String the meat and put it on the sides of the container, it should not touch the bottom.
- Pour the remaining marinade into the container, juice will drip into it.
- Bake at 180 ° C for about half an hour.
Serve immediately, use vegetables and greens as a side dish.
Juicy kebab in a jar
An unusual way to cook kebab.
- Bacon - 450 g
- Chicken meat - 0.9-1 kg.
- Juice of half a lemon.
- Water (mineral) - 170 ml.
- Onion - a couple of pieces.
- Wash the meat, cut into medium sized pieces.
- In a container of the appropriate size, place chicken, add onions, sliced in the form of half rings, season with spices, lemon juice and salt.
- To fill with water. Pickle 3-4 hours.
- Cut the bacon into thin slices.
- String the meat on skewers, alternating with bacon. The length of the skewers should be the height of a 3 liter can.
- Line the bottom of the can with onions.
- Place skewers in a jar vertically. Wrap the neck with foil.
- Place in a cold oven so that the jar does not burst.
- Cook at 180 ° C for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and gently remove the jar.
Crush with vegetables, herbs and sauce. Pouring can be prepared to your taste.
How to make chicken skewers in a sleeve or foil
Thanks to the sleeve or foil, there are more guarantees that the chicken is baked evenly and does not dry.
- Sugar - 15 g.
- Hips - 0.6 kg.
- Oil (vegetable) - 25 ml.
- Onion - a couple of pieces.
- Juice of half a lemon.
- Soy sauce - 45 ml.
- Skin the hips, remove the bones. Cut into pieces of the required size.
- Put in a container, salt, sprinkle with spices, add sugar, sauce, butter and lemon juice, salt (taking into account that soy sauce). Mix everything.
- Peel the onion, cut into half rings. Add to chicken. Leave to marinate for 4-5 hours.
- Put the onion in the sleeve or foil, put the meat on top.Fix the sleeve, make several holes so that the steam comes out. Foil is good to wrap.
- Cook at 180 ° C for about half an hour.
- Open the sleeve or foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes so that the hips are browned.
Serve with vegetables and herbs. The recipe can be varied by adding tomatoes, mushrooms.
Tasty kebab on a baking sheet with vegetables
With vegetables, chicken will turn out great. What could be tastier than baked vegetables soaked in meat juice? But vegetables will add juiciness and piquancy.
- Chicken meat - 0.9-1 kg.
- Tomatoes (preferably cherry) - 0.3 kg.
- Garlic - a pair of cloves.
- Small onions - 3-4 pcs.
- Oil (vegetable) - 45 ml.
- Sweet pepper.
- Kefir - 170 ml.
- Spices, curry.
- Wash the meat, cut into slices of the appropriate size.
- Pour kefir, vegetable oil into a container, add salt and pour spices.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Peel the onion, cut into thick rings, add to the rest of the ingredients, mix. Let it brew for several hours.
- Soak skewers in water.
- Cut the tomatoes and peppers into pieces of chicken.
- Skewer, alternating with vegetables.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake at 180 ° C for about 40 minutes.
- If there are no skewers, meat with vegetables can be baked immediately on a baking sheet.
And if you put thinly sliced rings of potato under skewers, except for barbecue, you will also get a delicious side dish.
Calorie content depends on the part of the carcass and the components of the marinade. Cooked from a loin in a classic marinade, barbecue has a calorie content of 104.6 kcal per 100 grams. If you take the hips, the calorie content will be 185 kcal. If additional components are present in the recipe, for example, smoked brisket, caloric content increases to 205 kcal.
In the course of culinary experiments, some subtleties of preparation have been developed that will help you enjoy even more delicious dishes.
- You can add vegetables to pickled meat: eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms. Baked in the oven, they themselves are delicious, and even add sophistication and richness to the whole dish.
- If there is a “Grill” mode in the oven, you can safely use it.
- In order not to have to wash the baking sheet for a long time, cover it with foil.
Oven-baked chicken is not only suitable for a family dinner, but also for a festive table. And if she’s also aged in a barbecue marinade, you won’t drag this dish from her ears. Do not be afraid to develop and improve your marinade cooking options. The main thing is to choose the right spices, then success is guaranteed!