The word barbecue is associated with nature. It so happened that the meal is usually prepared when a family or friendly company leaves for the forest, in the river, in the country or simply in nature. Such a holiday does not do without barbecue. And in the smell of the dish the smoke from a fire or barbecue is caught.
A weekend in nature does not always happen, but you want to eat meat. Especially, this desire arises in preparation for the winter holidays: New Year, Christmas, Epiphany. For those who live in a private house, you can cook kebab without any problems. He pulled the barbecue into the yard and all things. And if this is an apartment, there are difficulties.
However, everything can be simplified if instead of using the barbecue the oven. Of course, the taste will be slightly different - there is no smell of haze, and it may turn out to be overdried, but if you withstand the technology, you will get a tasty and juicy dish.
Preparation for cooking
To properly and tasty cook kebabs in the oven at home, you should carefully prepare. It all comes down to solving three main tasks:
- Choose quality meat.
- Prepare dishes and utensils.
- Master the technology, which includes: the choice of ingredients and their quantity, temperature of the oven, baking time.
Meat selection and preparation
Tasty and juicy kebabs can be prepared only from good meat. The product is selected based on the following conditions:
- The best option, fresh, and ideally - a pair. Do not use frozen for these purposes.
- Choose neck, shoulder blade or filet.
- The meat should have layers of fat, which give the finished dish juiciness and softness.
Before use, clean the meat from veins, films, wash thoroughly and dry well with a paper towel. Then it needs to be cut. To make the kebab juicy, it should be cut into pieces, weighing about 45-50 grams. You can start pickling.
For cooking barbecue in the oven, ordinary dishes can be used. First of all, find an enameled marinating container. To place the barbecue in the oven, you will need a grill and a baking sheet, which are located one above the other. So that the meat on the grill does not burn, it is lubricated with vegetable oil.
Temperature and cooking time
To get a juicy kebab with a crispy crust, the temperature in the oven should be within 250 degrees. Skewers with raw meat are placed in a preheated oven. It should be placed in a place where the highest temperature. In this case, the crust forms quickly, and the juice will be retained inside.
The total time from the moment of placement in the oven to full readiness is 20-25 minutes. It all depends on the temperature. If the thermometer does not display correctly and the temperature is less than 250 degrees, the time may increase up to 40 minutes.
This stage has many positions. The decision on the type and quantity of spices depends on the individual taste of family members, friends and relatives.
Pork is a high calorie foods. The value changes depending on the part of the carcass that is eaten. This can be a shoulder blade, loin, brisket and other parts.For example, 100 grams of fresh loin is 180 kcal, and the calorie content of 100 grams of brisket is already about 550 kcal.
Nutritionists argue that the energy value of the finished barbecue also depends on part of the carcass. The neck is 340 kcal, the ribs are 320 kcal, and the ham is 280 kcal.
We choose and prepare the marinade for meat
Marinade recipes can not be counted. However, some cooking rules are common to all:
- For marinating use only glass or ceramic dishes.
- Do not take several foods containing acid. Such an ingredient should be one.
- Garlic is best used grated, and finely chopped onions and herbs.
- Mixing meat and marinade is recommended by hand. It will be uniform and the kebab will be better pickled.
- Salted meat with coarse salt.
- If herbs are used for marinade, they are laid with twigs. If they are crushed, they quickly burn out and distort the taste of barbecue.
Marinadov is a huge selection, let's look at the most popular.
One of the simple recipes to cook quickly. The time for pickling red meat is 8-9 hours, white - 5-6 hours.
- The process begins with preparing the onion. It is cut into rings and half rings, placed on the bottom of the dishes. Then salt and pepper.
- The next layer is made of meat. It is stacked onion. Pieces are not placed tightly to each other. Also salt and pepper separately.
- Then the onions are laid again, followed by a layer of meat. There can be as many as the number of products allows.
The volume of onions, salt, pepper is selected according to the taste preferences of family members, guests and friends.
Universal marinade. Suitable for any meat. Exposure time from 6 to 12 hours. For such a marinade, you need onions and low-fat kefir.
- For each kilogram of meat, approximately 0.5 kg of onion and half a liter of kefir are taken. Onions should be finely chopped.
- First, 1 teaspoon of hops-suneli and ground black or red pepper is added to the onion.
- Then he warmed up his hands with spices.
- For final preparation, meat is added to the onion, and all this is thoroughly mixed.
- And finally, the contents of the container is poured with kefir.
Classic pork skewers in the oven on skewers
- pork 1 kg
- wine or apple vinegar 1.5 Art. l
- onion 2 PC
- mayonnaise 3 Art. l
- salt, spices taste
- Pork is peeled, washed, cut into small pieces of 45-50 grams each and placed in a deep container.
- Onions are cut in large rings, transferred to a container with meat.
- The contents are seasoned with spices and mixed thoroughly.
- Vinegar and mayonnaise are poured, mixed again. It is better to do this by hand, the process will turn out to be uniform.
- Prepared ingredients are left for 3-4 hours for pickling.
- After finishing, the pieces are strung on wooden skewers, interspersed with onion rings. Then they are laid out on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
- A baking pan with a barbecue is placed in a preheated oven to a temperature of 250 degrees. The baking time is about 25-30 minutes. During this time, turn the skewers several times so that the pork is evenly baked.
Juicy pork skewers in a jar
The ingredients can be any, including those listed in the above. It depends on the personal taste of everyone.
- Pork is washed, dried and cut into slices the size of a walnut.
- Poured with prepared marinade and mix thoroughly. Pickling time is 30-60 minutes.
- Before putting meat on skewers, slices of bacon should be sliced so that the slices alternate between themselves and onions.
- A clean three-liter glass jar is taken and a layer of the onion remaining after the marinade is laid on the bottom.
- Skewers with strung meat, about 4-5 pieces each, are placed in the container. Closed by foil. Make sure that the jar on top is dry.
- A barbecue filled jar is placed in a cold oven.The hot pot can burst. The oven turns on and warms up to 180-200 degrees. Baking time is from 60 to 80 minutes.
- The jar should be removed only after turning off the oven, having previously cooled it. This is necessary so that the glass does not burst due to the temperature difference.
How to make barbecue in a sleeve or foil
The technology for cooking pork and marinade is practically no different from previous recipes. Naturally, in each case, individual ingredients may be added or their quantitative composition may change.
- One hour before the beginning of the kebab baking, it is necessary to cook pickled onion. For this, the vegetable is cut into rings, poured with boiling water, sugar, salt, and vinegar are added. Leaves for pickling.
- After marinating meat and onions, they fill the sleeve or foil. To do this, first spread the onion in an even layer over the entire plane. Pork is stacked on top of the onion. After that, the sleeve or foil is well wrapped, tied, and several punctures are made.
- The prepared sleeve is laid out on a baking sheet, previously covered with baking paper, and placed in an oven preheated to 250 degrees.
- The availability time is from 1 to 1.5 hours.
The method of preparing barbecue on an onion pillow is practically no different from the recipe in the sleeve. Meat is selected, prepared and marinated in the same sequence. Only the ingredients and their quantity can change.
- While the pickling process is in progress, an onion pillow is prepared. The peeled onions are cut into large rings and laid out in a separate bowl. Salt, granulated sugar, vinegar, and vegetable oil are added there. Then it is mixed and allowed to marinate.
- After marinating, pork is placed on a pre-prepared pan. At the bottom of the pan lay a foil. The sheet should be large so that it turns out to cover the barbecue.
- Onion is placed evenly on the foil. On top of the onion pillow are pieces of meat that are tightly covered with foil. Everything is ready for baking.
- The baking sheet is placed in a preheated oven to 200 degrees. Ready time about 50 minutes. If the kebab is baked, the foil opens and for 10 minutes it is kept open.
Before cooking, it’s harmless to listen to some tips.
When cooking pork in the oven, it is not always possible to make it juicy. In order not to overdry, remember the following rules.
- Choose meat with layers of fat. It will melt and give juiciness.
- During cooking, periodically turn the skewer over so that the pork is fried on all sides evenly. Every 5-10 minutes, pour the kebab with marinade or clean water.
To make the meat soften faster and become juicy, it is recommended to add ingredients with high acidity to the marinade. For this, kefir, kiwi, wine vinegar or lemon juice are suitable.
Shish kebab is a common dish that is mentioned in world culinary. Cooking it at home is not so difficult. For many men, the cooking process is not only on the shoulder, but also in joy. Some even boast of having their own recipe.
There are so many cooking options that it is impossible to remember everything. Cuisines of different nations are very different from each other. And barbecue recipes change in most cases due to the variety of spices that add spice to the food. Therefore, before choosing the right one, read the characteristics of the seasonings.