A hangover is a condition that occurs in a person after abnormal drinking. Since it does not bring much pleasure and gives great discomfort, many are interested in how to quickly get rid of a hangover at home.
A hangover goes hand in hand with reddening of the eyes, frantic thirst, headache, weakness and lack of assembly. Sometimes a person who relaxed last night experiences apathy, trembling, nausea and lack of appetite.
The cause of an unpleasant hangover is alcohol, which causes an increased formation of urine, which leads to dehydration, fatigue and headache.
Doctors say that a severe hangover is the effect on the body of the decay products of ethanol.
Effective ways to deal with a hangover
With the consequences of a hangover at home, remedies that are present in a home medicine cabinet or in the kitchen help to fight.
- Water. If you suffer a severe hangover - drink more water. This simple trick will help you deal with dehydration, quench thirst and accelerate the elimination of toxic substances from the body.
- Strong tea. If you experience mild nausea and lack of Assembly, drink a cup of strong tea. A warming drink is recommended even when intoxicated, as it is sobering.
- Light food. If nausea is not on the list of symptoms, lighten your stomach with light meals. Eat an orange, a slice of lemon or empty a glass of kefir. Use acidic foods to bring recovery closer, and lactic acid will accelerate the elimination of intoxication.
- Activated carbon. Often a hangover is aggravated by nausea. Then activated carbon will come to the rescue. Using a sorbent, speed up body cleansing. For ten kilograms of weight, take one tablet.
- Enterosgel. Coal has an alternative - enterosgel. The remedy is effective and helps to quickly alleviate the symptoms of a severe hangover.
- Glutargin. The drug is aimed at restoring and cleansing the liver. The decay products of alcohol are concentrated in this organ, glutargin will help.
- Citramon or Aspirin. To cope with a severe headache, aspirin or citramone will help. Do not forget that these pills adversely affect the gastric mucosa. For peptic ulcers or gastritis, refuse to use tablets.
The stores sell special anti-hangover products. There is no particular need for them, the composition of the funds includes succinic, ascorbic or acetylsalicylic acid and caffeine, and in terms of effectiveness they do not exceed citramon.
Fighting a hangover is also recommended folk remedies. These are pickle, soaked apples and sauerkraut. Fermented foods relieve hangover symptoms. It is possible to alleviate the fate without the use of drugs. Go outside and take a walk in the fresh air. In extreme cases, induce vomiting.
The best thing stop drinking or at least drink alcohol wisely. After all, such drinks harm health and destroy life.
Folk recipes in the video report
In any case, keep these tips with you. If necessary, they will help improve the condition, and if you can not alleviate the symptoms, consult a doctor.
Folk ways against a hangover at home
Traditionally, a strong hangover is preceded by a plentiful feast with a huge amount of booze. The condition is extremely unpleasant and is accompanied by headache, nausea, weakness, thirst, palpitations and other symptoms.
Fighting a hangover at the initial stage with the help of tablets is useless. Negative manifestations are due to poisoning of the body by the decay products of alcohol and disrupted systems. Therefore, it is recommended to treat a hangover using alternative methods by removing residual alcohol from the body and removing intoxication.
Let's talk about proven methods for self-treatment of a hangover.
- Empty stomach. If there is no thirst, drink plenty of water. For two hours, drink up to two liters of still mineral water or regular water with salt.
- Orange juice. Overcome a hangover quench thirst and orange juice helps eliminate dry mouth. If there is no juice on hand, replace with water and lemon juice and honey.
- Lemon Against Headache. If there is no nausea, eliminate the headache with a pill. If you feel sick, rub whiskey with lemon wedges or attach potato circles to your temples and fix with a bandage.
- Activated carbon. If you are very sick, take a sorbent. For ten kilograms of weight, take one tablet. Tomato juice with the addition of salt and ground pepper helps to cope with nausea.
- Herb tea. Tea with chamomile, mint and ginger helps to improve the condition. For brewing, use the ingredients in any quantity. Coffee with a hangover is not recommended.
- Ear rubbing. If a hangover goes hand in hand with nausea, vomiting, weakness, and trembling in the extremities, rub your ears. A glass of water with the addition of ammonia will help relieve intoxication.
- Cold and hot shower. A contrast shower is no less effective in this matter, and it is better to refuse a bath. At the end of water procedures, drink a cup beef broth or rice-based broth.
- Oat broth. The greatest load during a hangover is the liver. In the fight against toxins, a decoction of oats helps her. Pour a cup of grains with two liters of water and boil for an hour. Strain the liquid, add a pinch of salt and drink in the near future in small portions.
- Beverages. Perfectly shows itself in the fight against intoxication and thirst kvass, kefir, cucumber or cabbage pickle. The composition of the drinks includes trace elements that left the body during a hangover.
- stroll. Fresh air helps alleviate the condition, and walking increases blood flow and accelerates the elimination of toxins and toxins.
- Sauna. High temperature activates the sweat glands, which accelerates the removal of decay products and toxins.
Some struggle with the misfortune of drinking alcohol, including cocktails and beer. At first, relief is felt, but the approach does not eliminate intoxication, and an additional dose of alcohol increases the craving for alcohol and encourages alcoholism.
According to history, the Romans fought a hangover with raw owl eggs, and the British during the reign of Elizabeth the First used wine in which frogs were soaked. In the 18th century, alcohol aficionados relieved the symptoms of a hangover with warm milk mixed with soot.
Today, such ways of dealing with a hangover make you smile. People have created less sophisticated methods that have proven effective over many years of use.
If in the evening a person drank high-quality alcohol, with a large amount of drunk, a hangover cannot be avoided. Alcohol, breaking down in the body, poisons decay products, including fusel oils and acetaldehyde.
Alcohol causes the most damage to the liver, since this organ is responsible for neutralizing toxic substances. If tequila, brandy or rum to drink properly and within normal limits, the liver will cope with the task and, through enzymes, will convert alcohol to carbon dioxide.
At the initial stage of treatment, refuse food, and after eliminating the signs of nausea, drink an egg, eat a little cottage cheese or vegetable soup.
After a fatal moment for two days, it is not recommended to eat spicy foods, canned food and smoked meats. Choose liquid and low-fat foods, a rosehip broth and dried apricots.
How to overcome a hangover at work
A hangover during working hours is hellish flour. Drowsiness, thirst, headache, nausea - an incomplete list of things that do not allow you to concentrate on duties and make you look forward to the end of the working day.
A few tricks that come in handy if you don’t drink alcohol in company or corporate parties.
- Come up with a good reason for rejection. Tell partners that treat the liver and the procedure is incompatible with alcohol.
- It is impossible to avoid a stormy feast when a venerable guest is at the table. Then take the initiative in your hands and lay the spill on yourself.
- When spilling alcohol, take control of the amount of alcohol in your glass. Do not completely empty the glass. Eating properly and well, protect yourself from extreme intoxication.
If you can not resist the temptation, the next morning will overtake a strong hangover. Everything is fine, if not for work. In such a situation, simple ways to deal with a hangover are ineffective, because after the morning rise there is no time for their use. Take the following recommendations.
- Renounce public transport and go to work on foot or walk a few stops to work. A morning walk will provide access to fresh air, which will positively affect blood circulation.
- On the way to work, run to the store and buy a lemon. At work, make tea and drink while eating lemon slices. Drinking tea during working hours is not prohibited.
- If this does not help, look in the office medicine cabinet. Surely find drugs that will help overcome a hangover. In a glass of water, dilute a few drops of ammonia and drink it quickly.
- Look for aspirin in the medicine cabinet. One tablet will make the blood more fluid, relieve headaches and improve well-being.
- If a feast is planned in the evening, and the next morning you have to go to work, try to take an anti-hangover before the feast. This simple action will make the morning "less cloudy."
- If there is nothing at hand, and the condition worsens, drink plenty of water or mineral water. After providing the body with fluid, speed up the removal of toxins.
If the methods are ineffective, and your health continues to deteriorate, call an ambulance. Perhaps alcohol poisoning is so strong that you won’t be able to overcome it without professional help.
The listed and described methods and alternative methods will help to cope with a hangover syndrome. But I sincerely hope that you, as a sane person, will not reach such a state. Do not forget, health is the only thing that cannot be bought for money.
Why does a hangover occur?
The final part of the story will be dedicated to the causes of a hangover, its factors and ways to avoid a hangover.
- Poisoning. When alcohol decays, toxic substances are formed that contribute to the formation of toxins. In this regard, Roma, tequila and vermouth are most harmful to the body. Using such drinks, we force the liver to process alcohol and impurities.
- Dehydration. A hangover is complemented by dehydration. It is caused not by a deficiency of liquid, but by its incorrect distribution in the body. After the feast, bags appear under the eyes, and the face swells.
- Impaired brain function. It causes acetaldehyde - the decay product of alcohol. The next morning, after a noisy feast, the nervous system gains high sensitivity. As a result, even a quiet sound or dim light annoys a person.
Scientists have proven that the body uses nutrients and vitamins to fight a hangover. With their help, he restores the normal performance of systems.
As practice shows, a sober lifestyle for society is utopia. It is difficult to find a person who does not drink alcohol. Fortunately, there are recommendations on how to avoid a hangover.
- Do not drink alcohol on an empty stomach. Before the feast, be sure to have a snack and drink absorbent in advance. Five charcoal tablets are enough.
- Eat rice, potatoes, pasta. Avoid a strong hangover helps food, which includes a lot of carbohydrates. No less effective is protein food. Fish and meat dishes slow down the absorption of alcohol. Forget about fatty foods temporarily, otherwise the liver will receive a double load.
- Sweets speed up the absorption of alcohol. During the feast, do not click on grapes and desserts.
- Do not rush with alcohol. Take a break in which to dance, have fun and chat with friends.
- Do not mix drinks. If you started drink cognac, end the celebration with the same drink. Remember, vodka is less likely to cause a hangover than wine and cocktails.
I hope I managed to consider in detail the issue of getting rid of a hangover and nausea at home and at work. Be sure to adopt these recommendations. If you follow the culture of drinking alcohol, you don’t have to use advice in practice, and noisy feasts will leave only pleasant feelings.