The modern social world to achieve personal success requires high productivity and lightning fast reaction. But diseases that negatively affect all areas of life prevent one from becoming successful and happy.
One of these diseases is a cold, which, with seeming simplicity, turns a dynamic life into a loss of working capacity and a prolonged deterioration in well-being. The accumulated experience and developed medicine offer effective ways to recover at home and restore health in a short time.
Preparation and Precautions
Note that the flu can be easily confused with the common cold and, instead of recovering, get serious complications. It is not recommended that pregnant women and young children be treated at home. Any infection without qualified medical attention can be fatal. Some people, instead of outpatient treatment, suffer diseases on their legs, which leads to loss of health and the appearance of complications. It is important at the first sign of a viral or bacterial infection to seek the advice of a doctor and be treated fully.
Why do we catch a cold
The cause of respiratory diseases is the pathogenic virus that has penetrated the cells. In a healthy body, the infection is imperceptibly destroyed by the immune system, but in a weakened one, it quickly develops and spreads, causing a common cold. The catalysts for the process are hypothermia, decreased immunity, vitamin deficiency and other factors that cause weakening of protective functions.
Symptoms in adults and children
At the beginning of the disease, a person feels general weakness. Symptoms such as a runny nose, headache, sweating, and sore throat gradually develop. Sometimes redness appears on the mucous membrane, and herpes on the lips and nose. The condition worsens along with an increase in temperature, which sometimes reaches 39.9 ° C. Depending on the general condition, symptoms may or may not occur at all.
How to cure a cold in adults
The number and combination of drugs vary depending on the state of health, but the principle of treatment is always the same. Prescribe drugs that act on the virus, support the body, stop the symptoms.
- Tea with lemon, honey, currants or raspberries. Drink freshly prepared throughout the disease.
- A mixture of grated garlic with honey 1: 1. Take 1 tbsp. l three times per day.
- A cocktail of hot milk, honey, vanilla, allspice, cinnamon. The mixture is brought to a boil, insisted for two hours, drunk throughout the day.
- Mulled wine. In 1 liter of sweet red wine, add a little clove, sugar, sweet pepper, honey, sliced apple, slices of lemon, nutmeg. The mixture is brought to a boil, insisted for 25 minutes, taken warm until the condition improves.
- Vodka with red pepper. Eat half a pod of red hot pepper and drink 50 ml of warm vodka or make tincture with pepper.
- Antiviral - Tamiflu, Relenza, Amiksin, Arbidol.
- Antipyretic, analgesics - Ibuprofen, Paracetamol.
- Multivitamins - vitamins of group A, B, C, D, E.
- Antiseptics for the throat - Oralsept, Gramidin, Septolete, Ingalipt, Strepsils.
Methods of treating colds in children vary depending on physiological characteristics and age. Sometimes, what helps an adult can harm a one-year-old baby. You need to know about this when using drugs.
- Sweatshops - warm tea with honey, viburnum, chamomile, lemon, wild berries, linden or milk with honey (in the absence of allergies).
- Against a cold - warming the legs, flushing the nose with saline.
- Inhalation of 0.9% saline.
Potions and pills
- Antiviral - Anaferon, Aflubin, Engistol.
- Antipyretic - Paracetamol, Ibuprofen.
- Multivitamins - vitamins of group A, B, C, D, E.
- Antiseptics for the throat - “Orasept”, “Hexoral”, “Chlorophyllipt”, “Septolete”.
Is it possible to recover in 1 day?
The treatment does not require much time, but sometimes it doesn’t even take it, so a way was invented to recover in one day. If you adhere to this principle, the virus will be destroyed at the stage of the first symptoms. As soon as there are suspicions, the first symptoms, or there was contact with a sick person, the following steps must be performed.
- Drink an antiviral drug. Dosage is selected individually, depending on age and physiological characteristics. Details can be found in the instructions.
- Taking multivitamins, antipyretic, antiseptic drugs. You need bed rest, a healthy diet, plenty of water, including warm tea with lemon.
It is advisable to make inhalation with saline and hot foot baths with the addition of mustard powder. For irrigation therapy, you can use a solution of sea salt, a decoction of chamomile, calendula, eucalyptus, but only at a body temperature below 37.3 ° C. Hot foot baths are carried out twice a day at a body temperature of up to 37.8 ° C. Sea water, listed herbs can be added to water.
As a result, the symptoms will cease to develop, and the virus will be almost destroyed. But this will happen only when a person has good health. If the body is weakened or there is a chronic disease, treatment will not help so quickly.
How to quickly and effectively treat pregnancy
The main principle is not to harm the developing fetus, so the use of most antiviral drugs and procedures is unacceptable. Before starting treatment, you should consult your doctor! You can not take medicine, soar your legs, do inhalation. Antiseptic preparations in the form of sprays for the throat and nose can be used.
With the severity of the process, antipyretic and multivitamin preparations are acceptable. You can drink tea with lemon, honey, currants, raspberries, use cough lozenges with natural ingredients. All drugs that are purchased at the pharmacy must be authorized and safe for pregnant women.
Passive prevention is carried out throughout life. To do this, adhere to a healthy lifestyle, play sports, eat healthy food, observe the daily regimen. Active prophylaxis is carried out in the cold season, when the likelihood of contracting a viral infection increases. To do this, do seasonal vaccinations, take antiviral drugs, multivitamin complexes, immunomodulators in preventive doses.
Useful tips and interesting information.
Cold treatment is effective if you follow the rules and follow the doctor’s requirements. Any deliberate or unconscious deviation from the course leads to the spread of the virus, weakening of the body, poor health.
The generally accepted rules are based on the experience of people who have recovered, so they are effective. Self-medication or the use of ineffective agents leads to complications.
Cold on the lip or nose
The decrease in the protective functions of the body, under the influence of a viral infection, causes the appearance of herpes on the skin around the lips or on the nose. It can be easily eliminated with antiviral tablets and ointments that affect the herpes virus, in combination with traditional medicine methods.
Tools based on natural components, herbs are applied to the affected surface. Often, honey, toothpaste, decoctions of chamomile or calendula, oak are used for this. Used for cauterization of alcohol tinctures of medicinal herbs, propolis, even Corvalol.
What methods are better not to use with home treatment
Some methods are dangerous, they can even harm the body. It is not recommended to use potent, antiviral, analgesic, anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics without a doctor’s prescription. The most effective way is traditional medicine and simple cold medicine.
Timely prevention and effective treatment with folk remedies, together with medications, will prevent or quickly eliminate the disease.