In today's article I’ll tell you how get rid of dandruff quickly and effective at home in folk and medical ways.
Dandruff is a problem whose existence is known even to children who are fond of television. Video clips constantly appear on the TV screen in which miraculous means against white particles in the hair are advertised. But no one names the causes of dandruff, which for many people remain a mystery.
Serious disturbances in the body, illness or reaction to an external stimulus are considered to be the cause of dandruff. With dandruff, a beautiful and fashionable hairstyle will not work.
Why does dandruff appear?
External and internal causes of dandruff are known. The first category is represented by various factors that have an impact from the outside. The second group is about weakened immunity, diseases and disorders. Let's talk about this in detail.
- Nutrition and lifestyle. Constant overwork along with stress contribute to dandruff. Often it appears in people who abuse sweet and fatty foods, bad habits.
- Impaired metabolism. Dandruff is experienced by people with impaired metabolism. This is due to the bonding of dead cells, which leads to the appearance of seals, which peel off over time.
- Microscopic fungus. Useful microorganisms that create natural flora live on the scalp. If the balance is disturbed, the fungi force the sebaceous glands to work more actively, which leads to the appearance of white particles in the hair.
- Hormonal disbalance. Usually in the body, hormonal changes occur at the age of 15-25 years. At this point, it is recommended to actively use vitamins and use the right cosmetics, otherwise the situation will worsen.
Now we will talk about external causes. The scalp suffers from the adverse effects of the environment and the person himself, especially for women who put their hair under more stress than men. That's because they use styling products, dry their hair with hot air, use curling irons and curls. These are not all external factors that contribute to the appearance of the problem.
- Hypothermia of the scalp. Low temperature affects the scalp badly. Staying outside in the cold season without a headgear leads to colds and dandruff.
- Using the wrong makeup. For healthy scalp, it’s important to use the right shampoo. Buying a product is better at a pharmacy or in a special store. All sorts of mousses and gels choose individually. If after application there are unpleasant sensations, a new jar will not hurt to set aside.
- Climate change. A sharp change in climate becomes a great stress for the body. Such changes instantly affect the condition of the scalp, which responds to dandruff.The negative reaction of the skin is caused by water, which in different cities is processed using different technologies.
There are many popular ways and recipes to combat dandruff. We will talk about them below.
Folk remedies against dandruff on the head
In terms of effectiveness, folk remedies against dandruff worthy compete with purchased ones. They include only natural ingredients, which is considered an undeniable advantage.
- Nettle. Miraculous plant helping make your hair healthy and strong. Nettle treatment should be persistent and long-lasting. To get started, make an infusion. Five tablespoons of chopped nettle, pour a glass of boiling water, put the container in a water bath and wait 10 minutes. Filter the infusion and rub daily into the skin until dandruff disappears.
- Mustard. Two spoons are required for one procedure mustard powder. Gently rub the powder into the scalp using circular massage movements. After a third of an hour, rinse the powder with water and wash your hair with shampoo.
- Air. Four tablespoons of chopped calamus root, pour 500 ml of water, boil and boil for 15 minutes at minimum heat. Cover the vessel, wait forty minutes and strain. Use the product to rinse your hair.
- Onion. Peel and chop the large onion to make pulp. It is recommended to rub the onion mass into the head, put on a plastic bag and a warm hat, wait a couple of hours. Rinse everything off. With regular and persistent use of onion remedies, the result will not be long in coming.
- Sage. A spoonful of sage pour boiling water and wait a day. Rub the infusion into the skin every other day. The product is suitable for dry hair owners. If the hair is oily, replace the water with vodka.
- Sea buckthorn. Helps Fight Dandruff sea buckthorn oil. Moisten a cotton ball with oil and apply on the head. Put a bag with a warm hat on your head and wait an hour. Rinse everything off using shampoo, and rinse your hair with a herbal decoction.
- Marshmallow. Pour one part of the marshmallow seeds with twenty parts of water and sweat in a water bath for about an hour. When the broth has cooled, strain and use to rub it into the head twice a day. Ten procedures will help solve the problem.
People who have tested these folk remedies in practice leave positive reviews. I hope that with their help you will also get rid of dandruff forever and return your hair to its original appearance.
How to get rid of dandruff by medical means
Dandruff is not a pathological phenomenon, but it often acts as a sign of many dermatological diseases, including seborrhea and psoriasis.
The solution to the problem begins with a consultation with a dermatologist, who prescribes suitable anti-dandruff medications, identifying the root cause of the appearance.
- Special shampoos. Such agents are based on an antifungal compound, since excess sebum, the release of which is accompanied by the development of dandruff, creates favorable conditions for the development of fungi.
- Drugs that slow down the renewal of skin cells. The composition includes sulfur with zinc salts.
- Normalization of blood flow in the scalp. In the manufacture of anti-dandruff products, new compounds are used, supplemented with protein and mineral supplements that normalize blood flow in the scalp and nourish hair follicles. In such products there are no dyes or preservatives, as a result of which the person used does not have allergic reactions.
- Means that normalize the exfoliation of dead cells. Rub the ointment, which is based on sulfur, into the scalp for several days. If the problem is accompanied by the release of a large amount of sebum, apply a solution of salicylic acid to the skin.
Familiardoctor recommends the fight against dandruff reinforce proper nutrition.Exclude spicy, sweet, fatty, spicy and fried foods from the diet, as such food activates the production of sebum.
Plant fiber should be included in the diet, which normalizes the digestive process and absorbs toxins. Drink plenty of fluids to restore water balance. For this purpose, boiled or mineral water without gas is suitable.
How to get rid of dandruff in children
At first glance, it seems strange, but dandruff worries even children. Its appearance in a child is preceded by a failure of metabolic or hormonal processes. Changes activate the activity of the fungus, which is accompanied by the appearance of white scales on the scalp.
Any discomfort is perceived more acutely by children than by adults. External irritants inflict a huge trauma on the psyche of the child. Traditional medicine comes to the rescue of parents.
Consider the recipes with which you will get rid of dandruff in a child, saturate the hair with useful substances and provide nutrition.
- Walnut leaves. Pour a glass of water into a small saucepan, pour two tablespoons of leaves, bring to a boil and wait 120 minutes. Rub the resulting drug into the scalp, wait twenty minutes and rinse. Repeat the procedure after a week.
- Bran mask. Pour boiling water over one cup of bran, wait a little and apply gruel on the skin with massaging movements. After an hour, wash your hair under a towel.
- Yarrow Broth. Combine half a liter of water with four spoons yarrow herbs and boil for 5 minutes. Wait a little and strain the broth. Treat your head daily with this home remedy for 60 days.
- Yogurt and kefir. To wash your hair, it is customary to use shampoo. I propose replacing this purchased product with kefir or yogurt. Apply any of the dairy products listed above to your hair, and rinse off after half an hour.
- Castor and tincture of calendula. Pharmacy tincture calendula mix with castor oil in equal amounts, and then rub into the hair roots. With regular use, the result will appear shortly.
Folk medicine men recommend using rosehip tea, currant berries and sea buckthorn to combat dandruff. They contain many trace elements and vitamin C, which are necessary for the scalp.
Types of Dandruff
As practice shows, for many people this aesthetic problem arises with the onset of puberty. During puberty, the human body produces testosterone, a hormone that affects hair growth.
- Dry. The scalp covers the entire scalp. The reason for the appearance is a reduced separation of fat and poor skin hydration as a result of activation of the fungus, which appears with increased physical and mental stress, with a lack of vital trace elements. As a result, the exfoliation process is accelerated and a large number of scales appear. They separate easily, make hair dirty and roll onto clothes.
- Greasy. The result of the active functioning of the sebaceous glands. Excess sebum leads to the appearance on the head of a greasy and sticky film that closes the pores, irritates the nerve endings, does not allow air to pass through and causes itching. Against this background, keratinized cells stick together and form fatty lumps that are poorly exfoliated.
- Thick greasy dandruff. It is accompanied by a decrease in the elasticity of the skin and the expansion of the mouth of the sebaceous glands. The epithelium saturated with fat is rejected and blocks the excretory ducts of the sebaceous glands, which leads to the appearance of a horn plug. If it is squeezed, a thick greasy mass is released. In this case make a hairstyle will not work.
- Liquid fat dandruff. The skin is shiny, and the sebaceous glands produce a lot of sebum. The hair is extremely oily and covered with yellowish scales.The skin is covered with ulcers, as a result, the chemical properties of sebaceous secretion change and lose their sterilizing function.
Any kind of dandruff adversely affects the production of sebum, which protects the head from microorganisms that produce oleic acid, the penetration of which into the skin causes irritation of the upper layers. As a result, the turnover of epidermal cells accelerates.
The composition of the skin includes flat dead cells, which from the lower layer of the epidermis slowly move to the surface of the skin. Under them, new cells appear, displacing old brethren. The remains of cells fly off the skin during water procedures or in contact with clothing. The duration of the update period is one month. During this time, the cells dry out and become thin and transparent.
When the cycle is reduced to ten days, the cells do not have enough time to dry. As a result, they become sticky. When they reach the surface of the skin, they stick together and form lumps that cause itching. This process is not accompanied by bleeding, inflammation, or redness.
How to prevent dandruff?
All people face dandruff, but more often it brings inconvenience to owners of oily hair. This is due to disturbed activity of the sebaceous glands.
There are preventive methods that help to avoid the appearance of dandruff. It is about a healthy lifestyle and basic principles of hygiene. Thanks to this approach, protect yourself and your hair.
Stick to diet. Reduce the use of fried, fatty, sugary and allergenic foods, give up soda, get rid of bad habits. Drink a lot of water, as the liquid accelerates the cleansing of the body and normalizes metabolism.
Use less styling, and be sure to rinse it off before going to bed. Use prophylactic shampoo at least once a week.
Good luck and let your hair always be healthy and beautiful!