Women at different times and eras, claiming the title of a standard of beauty, had one feature - a beautiful and proud posture. At the same time, the rest were thinking how to stop slouching.
How did you manage to not slouch at home? To achieve this, one had to resort to various tricks, for example, in the countries of the east, girls learned to dance with a saber on their heads.
During the tsarist empire, cadet school cadets who stooped for 2 hours tied a board to their backs so that they would learn to monitor posture from youth. It was not easy to withstand the test; it was not for nothing that the event was called "heroic."
Today you can do without radical measures, as many simple and effective ways have been developed to correct the posture of a girl and a man. However, some efforts will have to be made.
First of all, you will have to realize that stoop is a serious problem that compresses the chest and prevents the lungs from expanding completely, which reduces the flow of oxygen. Due to a lack of oxygen in the body, a person quickly gets tired, becomes irritable, and decreases working capacity.
Flatulence can lead to intervertebral hernia or pinching of nerves. If you spend whole days driving a car or sitting at a computer, the condition of the muscles and tendons worsens, and pressure on the vertebral discs increases.
Improper posture leads to physical inactivity and causes:
- muscle weakness;
- flat feet;
- decreased immunity.
Spinal curvature disrupts:
- nervous system;
With a beautiful posture, the walk is elegant and proud. As already noted, slouching is not only ugly, but also very harmful to health. No wonder parents since childhood have insisted that they should sit upright.
How to force yourself to stop slouching?
- Self control. Remind yourself to keep your posture as often as possible. This is difficult at first, but then it will become a habit.
- Place to sleep. Choose a hard pillow, but not high (some use special rollers), and the mattress is even and firm. High quality sofa. Orthopedic mattresses are for sale, you can use them.
- Mental and psychological state. Experts have proven that a person who stoops more often experiences emotional distress or emotional upheaval. Try to understand yourself or consult a psychologist.
- Proper severity distribution. If you have to go shopping, try to carry bags (bags) in both hands to evenly distribute the load.
Posture Correction Methods
The main way to correct your posture at home is sports. Sport strengthens the muscles of the back, helps lose weight, get rid of scoliosis and lordosis in the initial stages of the disease. You can do martial arts or choose dances and gymnastics, well correct posture swimming and fitness.
An individual set of exercises is selected for each, the implementation of which requires considerable willpower and perseverance. You need to do at least 30 minutes a day, for several months in a row.
There is a faster way to correct posture - wearing a corset. Only 6-8 months, according to doctors, and the result will be achieved. The corset is easy to put on under loose clothing, only it greatly restricts movement, as the tissue tightly tightens the body and fixes the spine. Corsets are the most effective and sought after means to stop slouching.A corset is bought after consultation with a doctor, because the degree of stoop is different for everyone.
Many do not pay attention to correcting posture and postpone the matter until later. Such a carefree attitude to the body leads to sad consequences. Therefore, control your actions, make sure that your back remains level, do not allow yourself to stoop.
If the legs do not reach the floor, use a special stand. No space should be formed between the back and back of the chair. Place a small pillow under your lower back, and keep your shoulders straight and relaxed.
Experts say that the person who corrected the posture getting higher, growth increases to 5 cm. This is a good argument to think about correcting your posture and to work hard on yourself.
Stoop exercises for women and men
Many argue that the most effective exercise is pulling up on the bar. The muscles are well strengthened both with standard pulling up to the chest, and pulling up behind the head. True, this exercise is more suitable for men, but women can easily move to the Swedish wall (ladder), with which you can correct your posture by hanging on your hands.
If it is not possible to use the horizontal bar or the Swedish wall, a set of exercises has been developed that will help keep your back straight, acquire a light and graceful gait, and avoid the manifestation of serious health consequences.
Over time, you will see the result, strengthen your back muscles and develop the habit of monitoring your posture. This will help a diary. Consider effective exercises to improve posture at home.
- Get up straight, put your hands back and squeeze into the lock. Try to raise your arms as high as possible (to the shoulder blades). Then, put your elbows and shoulders back, press on your back, leaning back your head.
- Lie on your back, arms apart. Support is the head and buttocks. Raise your back so that the fulcrum remains motionless. Exercise to perform 15 times in 3 sets.
- Having knelt down, take the heels of the feet in your hands, bend your torso back, lay your head back. Hold the position for as long as possible. 5 repetitions are done.
- Lie on your stomach, put your hands in the lock and put on the back of your head, as if you are going to pump press. Feet should be hooked on a wardrobe or bed, head and torso should be lifted as much as possible. At each lift, elbows should be pulled apart. Perform the exercise 15 times in 3 sets.
- Lie on your back, put a book or pillow under the shoulder blades so that the bend forward appears in the back. Pick up a load, for women - 500 grams, for men a load of 2 kilograms is allowed. With direct hands, raise and lower the load up to 150 times a day for several approaches. Exercise will help get rid of stoop and improve the shape of the chest.
- Exercise is performed while sitting on a chair. Put your hands on the back of your head, bend your torso back. Initially, make no more than 5 such deflections, later slightly increase the load.
- Sitting on a chair, connect your hands in front of you into a “lock”, turn it out and straighten it. Head down, breathe calmly and evenly. Tighten your back muscles as much as possible, relax your neck. Exercise helps with headaches.
- "Bridge". Try to make a bridge. Do not despair, if it does not work out the first time, be patient and persistent. It is not in vain that the sages said, "and the one who walks will overcome the road ..." Who got the “bridge”, the question of how to stop slouching will disappear by itself.
- The simplest exercise. Lean against the wall with your heels, buttocks, shoulder blades and head touching the surface of the wall. It strengthens the abdominal and back muscles. Standing against the wall until you get tired, but at first no more than 3-4 minutes. After doing it, stretch and walk around the room with a straight back.Use the exercise every opportunity, it does not harm.
- Exercise helps relieve stress. Pull the head into the shoulders as deep as possible, try to reach the shoulders with earlobes. To look directly, it is better to choose a certain point and fix attention on it. The breath is even and deep. In this position, be no more than 40 seconds, then slowly exhale and relax. Exercise is good for those who have sedentary work. Perform before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Pass behind the back from hand to hand (one hand from below, the other from above) a pencil or pen. Such an exercise is performed both standing and sitting. A good warm-up during long work at the computer.
- Walking around the room with a small pillow or book on his head. Helps to improve posture and develop a good gait.
- The back of the cat's posture develops muscles of the back, in which the back bends and bends. Initially, do the exercise at least 5 times, then increase the load.
Do not forget, the back should be straight and the head raised. When walking, do not lower your head down, do not look under your feet, because this is where the stoop begins.
Alternative medicine helps stop slouching. Osteopathic doctors, using manual therapy, help the body turn on additional reserves and self-repair.
There are also devices that will help correct posture. In extreme cases, resort to surgical intervention. But it’s better not to start up and bring to such a state, but to pull yourself together and engage in stoop. It is not for nothing that the spine is called a “health stem”, because a lot depends on the condition of the back.
With the smallest violations of the structure of the spine, the whole body can suffer and a serious disease can develop. With your head proudly raised and shoulders squared, boldly stride towards your dream.