Clothes, pubic or head lice are often parasitic on the human body. Getting rid of parasites is problematic. Therefore, I will tell you how to remove lice at home in a child and adults.
Head lice live in hair, which is clear by name. Tiny parasites, the size of which does not exceed 3 millimeters, have a grayish-white color. Their presence brings discomfort and prevents the creation offashion hairstyles.
Pubic lice live in the genital area. If you don’t try to take them out, they will quickly multiply and “occupy” other parts of the body: eyelashes, beard, mustache, chest and axillary hollows.
Bed lice like bedding and clothes. This species of lice is the largest. They bite where the body comes in contact with linen and clothing. And although the body is not their abode, they move on it for the blood that they feed on. Of course, compliance with hygiene rules prevents the appearance of lice, but sometimes even cleanliness is powerless against "unwanted guests."
Head lice appear after trying hats, which was previously tried on by a person infected with parasites. As practice shows, head lice prefer a female head, since long and thick hair is ideal soil for them. Girls also use combs and combs of friends, which increases the risk of infection.
You can infect the body with lice in other ways. It is about bedding and towels. Parasites are found in saunas, pools and saunas. Any contact with things of an outsider often becomes fatal.
Pubic lice are transmitted during sexual intercourse, through bedding and household items. Therefore, going to visit or visiting a public institution, be prepared for anything.
Now let's talk about the symptoms, the main of which is severe itching. Since head lice live on the head, itching is observed in the ears, on the back of the head and on the top of the head.
Itching in the pubic area is the first sign of pubic lice, and body lice irritate places in contact with clothing. Therefore, if the probability of picking up parasites is small, always keep folk remedies and special preparations at hand.
If you do not fight lice, boils and abscesses will appear on the body, as well as from flea, and open wounds - the door to the body through which infection seeps, which is dangerous for health.
Severe itching interferes with rest, good sleep and impairs concentration. Additionally, the person becomes irritable and loses his appetite. If you visited the site, then there are problems with lice. Do not worry, in the article you will find effective recommendations and tips.
How to remove lice at home
As practice shows, people who are faced with a problem are embarrassed to seek help. Therefore, they are interested in the method of removing lice at home.
You must admit that lice found on the body are unpleasant guests. But even their presence is not a reason for panic. Keep calm and take action against parasites.
There are several types of lice, each of which has a favorite habitat. They differ from each other in size, color and life expectancy.But there is a feature that is characteristic of all species - they carry various diseases, including typhoid.
Insecticides are the best drugs for controlling lice, but they are contraindicated for children, pregnant women, people suffering from allergies, asthma and lung diseases. The child can be shaved. What do adults do? Everything is simple. For the fight, it is recommended to use improvised folk remedies.
- Cranberry juice. Rub cranberry juice daily into your hair for ten days, and comb out with a scallop at the end of the procedure.
- Vegetable oil. Lubricate the part of the head covered with hair with vegetable oil. After that, wrap your head with foil for two hours. After the lice have expired, remove the comb.
- Tansy decoction. Buy tansy flowers at the pharmacy. Four tablespoons of the product pour a liter of boiling water and boil for a quarter of an hour. Wash the head with the resulting broth.
- Ledum and hellebore. In a small bowl, mix 50 grams of melted pork fat with rosemary and hellebore. Take two large spoons in the ingredients. Leave the resulting mixture for a day, then rub the mixture into the hair twice a day for 10 days. Since the listed herbs are poisonous, strictly follow the recipe.
- Polish for hair. Perform the procedure before bedtime in the fresh air. Cover your hair and scalp with varnish, wrap your head in a towel and go to bed. Cover your face and hold your breath during the procedure. Wash your hair in the morning and remove the lice with a comb. At this point, the parasites will be dead.
I add that the prevention of lice is reduced to compliance with hygiene rules and daily change of linen. Iron thoroughly after washing. Strive to live clean. Clean the house regularly. Lead a healthy lifestyle and refuse to use other people's things.
How to remove lice from a child
When children communicate with peers in a sandbox or kindergarten, mothers worry about a runny nose or a cold. But, lice catch careful parents by surprise. And when this happens, they are desperate to find information about removing lice from the baby.
Usually children acquire parasites in kindergarten. Worried mothers sin on children who are modestly dressed. They do not understand that lice appear even in a child with a clean head.
It is noteworthy that lice does not always appear after direct contact, which involves touching the site of infection. You can get them by using someone else's comb, towel or hat. That's why mothers are advised to periodically prevent lice in children.
- After each shampoo, comb the baby’s hair. Look at each part carefully.
- Wash bedding in hot water and iron with steam, paying particular attention to the treatment of seams.
- Explain to your child why you should not exchange personal items with your friends. We are talking about hats, hoops, combs, hairpins and elastic bands for hair.
So, the child has lice. Usually, after they are discovered, mothers go to the pharmacy and buy chemistry: shampoos, ointments and aerosols. They believe that getting rid of parasites is real in a day. In reality, this is not so. But, following simple rules, you can quickly rid the baby of lice.
- Drugs sold in pharmacies are toxic. I recommend treatment after reading the instructions. Otherwise, the child will have a rash or allergy.
- Fight lice after washing your hair with combing out insects with a comb. Use your hands to remove the eggs.
- Do not disregard children's underwear. Boil duvet covers, pillowcases and towels and iron. Expose all garments to the procedure.
- Some expensive jerseys, including fashion skirts and blouses, do not wash in hot water. Hang them on the balcony for a week. During this time, the parasites will die due to lack of food.
- If you are going to connect traditional medicine to the fight, be careful.There are various folk remedies that are superior in effectiveness to pharmacy counterparts, but do not forget that they can damage the hair of a child.
- Kerosene is the most common remedy. It helps to get rid of lice, but it strongly pollutes the hair, which is difficult to comb. Do not use kerosene on a child’s hair in any case. The tool is toxic and poisonous.
- Apple vinegar dries hair and burns the scalp and is useless against nits.
- The safest remedies are essential oils. Add them to the shampoo, apply to the child’s head, not afraid for health.
There is no place in this matter of amateur performances. If you are not sure of the strengths and abilities, consult a doctor. So save the baby’s health, keep the hair and scalp safe and sound.
How to remove lice folk remedies
Everyone heard of the existence of blood-sucking insects called lice. Some have repeatedly been interested in the issue of eliminating lice with folk remedies, especially if purchased drugs were ineffective.
Even if a person follows the rules of hygiene, this does not guarantee that tiny parasites will bypass. But, as practice shows, lice are more affected by low-income people and people who are not friends with soap and detergent.
I will share time-tested ways to deal with lice. I hope they help you out, eliminating the problems and hassle.
- Salt and vinegar. The sensation of the presence of parasites in the hair is unpleasant. Fortunately, a solution consisting of a glass of vinegar, 40 grams of salt and a spoon of alcohol allows you to get rid of them. Apply gauze soaked with the product to the affected area. Keep lotion on your head for a day. In this case, change the compress several times.
- Kerosene. Toxic, use very carefully.
! Prepare a mixture of one part kerosene and ten parts vegetable oil. Process the hair with the resulting solution, then wrap the head with paper and secure with a towel. After 8 hours, wash your head and remove the lice with a comb.
- Cranberry. From ripe berries make juice and mix with a teaspoon honey. Rub the composition of the scalp. The tool removes nits.
- Burdock. The leaves of the plant, along with the stems, pour boiling water and wait thirty minutes. Strain the broth and use it to wash your hair. If there is no burdock, take the root of elecampane and prepare a decoction according to the described technology.
- Geranium oil. Add a little oil to the shampoo you are using. geraniums. Rub the head with the resulting lotion and wait an hour. Comb your hair with a comb and rinse with water. Next, wash with a solution, the preparation of which requires a few drops of oil, a liter of water and a half teaspoons of vinegar.
- Black cumin. Grind one cup of black cumin seeds and combine with a cup of apple cider vinegar. After filtering with a solution, soak the hair on the head and stay in the sun for about 20 minutes. Rinse your head after 5 hours. The course of treatment is a week with a daily procedure.
- Pomegranate juice and mint. Mix a few tablespoons of chopped mint leaves with a glass of pomegranate juice and boil for about 10 minutes. After this, grease the affected areas of the head. How to grow pomegranate at homeread on the site.
- Mercury ointment. The tool helps with lice, settled in the genital area. Select this area and wash using laundry soap. Then grease the affected areas with mercury ointment.
- Angelica. Mix a tablespoon of crushed angelica roots with a similar amount of white hellebore. Combine the resulting dry mixture with pork fat. For a portion of the mixture, take 4 parts of fat. The tool treat the affected areas.
If these methods help get rid of parasites, make sure that they do not return. To do this, overdo the clothes and bedding, after ironing.
In conclusion, I will add that lice are ectoparasites that parasitize on the surface of other living organisms, eat and live at their expense.
In the case of humans, they parasitize on parts of the body covered with hair. Usually found on the head. The scalp is thin, which facilitates the extraction of food - blood. Sometimes parasitic in other places, for example, in the genital area.
When pests bite through the skin, saliva is released that prevents blood coagulation. At the site of a bite, a person feels itching due to irritation.
For human health, lice are dangerous. By piercing the skin, they can introduce an infection into the bloodstream, provoking the disease. Lice multiply and develop rapidly during natural disasters. And no wonder, because at this moment people neglect the rules of hygiene.
An adult female louse lays up to hundreds of eggs at a time, of which young parasites appear ten days later. If you do not fight them at home, lice is actively developing.