Hibiscus tea began the conquest of our country recently, but today it is sold everywhere. In the article I will consider the beneficial properties of hibiscus tea, harm and contraindications, recipes.
Hibiscus (red tea, Sudanese rose, hibiscus) is characterized by an unusual aroma, burgundy color and sweet and sour taste. The raw materials for the manufacture are not tea bushes, but shredded leaves of the Sudanese rose - hibiscus.
- Beneficial effect on the body, due to the high content of vitamin “C". After drinking some tea, you can quickly quench thirst during the heat.
- Lowers body temperature in certain diseases. In many parts of the world it is used as a home antipyretic.
- Hibiscus flowers help lower blood pressure, so hibiscus is widely used by hypertensives. In terms of effectiveness, tea is not inferior to many traditional medicines.
- Strengthens the walls of blood vessels and positively affects their flexibility. In chronic low blood pressure, drink in moderate doses.
- The beneficial properties of hibiscus help in the treatment colds and infectious diseases. In a warm state it copes with a cold no worse than raspberries.
- Increases human performance, normalizes brain metabolism, improves mental activity.
- Tea is rich vitamins and amino acids that have a positive effect on appearance. Suitable for use as a natural face tonic.
- Natural antioxidant. Often included in night creams and face masks.
- Brewed petals of Sudanese roses should not be thrown away. Their use in food helps to eliminate toxins, deposits, metals and radicals from the body.
- Organic acids that make up tea break down fats and remove cholesterol.
I believe hibiscus should be included in the diet of every person who follows their health and seeks to diversify their nutrition.
Harm and contraindications for Hibiscus tea
It's time to consider the harm and contraindications of Hibiscus. It is hard to imagine that tea can harm the human body.
In truth, the Sudanese rose is not able to harm a healthy person. People with certain diseases, for example, diabetesmay harm some of the elements that make up tea.
- As I said, the drink normalizes the pressure. Therefore, hypotonics should be used carefully.
- Sudanese rose is rich in acids, so it is contraindicated in ulcers.
- Drink - an excellent choleretic and diuretic, effective until the formation of stones. If the stones formed cannot be drunk, otherwise sharp colic may appear.
- Many flower plants cause allergies, and hibiscus is no exception. Hibiscus is not recommended for people with allergic sensitivities.
- Doctors do not recommend this tea at the same time as taking anticancer, antipyretic and blood pressure reducing drugs.
- Hibiscus is an excellent tonic. With it, you can cheer up in the early morning and recharge the body throughout the day. Do not eat before bedtime, especially for people with insomnia.
Even healthy people should not abuse red tea. The daily allowance should not exceed three cups. The acids the drink is rich in have a bad effect on tooth enamel and can lead to toothache. To avoid such problems after drinking tea, the mouth should be thoroughly rinsed.
Any natural foods are good for the body in moderation. Even ordinary cucumber with moderate use is extremely useful, but if you oversaturated the body with the components contained in it, problems will arise.
Karkade raises or lowers blood pressure?
According to a widespread statement, hot hibiscus tea increases pressure, and cold tea lowers. In search of an answer, I had to resort to the help of a certified therapist. You will know what you think. doctor on this occasion.
- Sudanese rose may have a similar effect on some people. Scientific research has shown that red tea lowers blood pressure and temperature does not matter. Hibiscus in any form is an excellent prophylactic of hypertension.
- The doctor noted that the drink strengthens the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, has a beneficial effect on their permeability, which stabilizes the pressure.
- The effect of red tea on pressure is more significant than green. If Sudanese rose is constantly on the menu, pressure may drop by 10 percent over the month.
- Antioxidants contained in hibiscus lower blood pressure. They create a natural barrier that protects the body from the effects of radicals. Red tea reduces the likelihood of a stroke, heart attack and other heart ailments.
The ability of red tea to increase blood pressure caused the doctor doubts.
Hibiscus tea recipe
The hibiscus tea recipe, which I will share, is simple and quick. A drink prepared according to the recipe has an incredible taste and indescribable beauty in color. If you know other recipes, I will be grateful if you leave them in the comments.
- Tea roses - 10 grams.
- Cold water - 1 liter.
- Soak the hibiscus roses in cool water. The duration of the "water procedures" is at least two hours. Ideally leave overnight.
- Rearrange the pot with soaked flowers on the stove and bring to a boil. On moderate heat, I recommend boiling for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Remove the roses from the saucepan, and pour the drink into cups. If you only like sweet teas, add sugar. Do not throw away the flowers; find them a use in cooking by adding to a salad or other dish. Even after brewing, they are still useful.
To consume red tea in a cold condition, cool it in advance, and instead of sugar I recommend it natural honey. From this, the taste of hibiscus will improve, and the benefits will increase.
Can hibiscus during pregnancy
The benefits of red tea are beyond doubt. In all corners of the planet it is appreciated for its beautiful color, amazing taste, incredible smell.
Hibiscus promotes strengthening immunityIt helps prevent viruses, strengthens the body and fights obesity.
There are no people in the world with the same organisms in which the same metabolic processes occur. Therefore, when using any product, you should listen to the body and be sure to find out what can pregnant. Some girls use red tea to fight morning toxicosis, while in others toxicosis occurs precisely because of hibiscus.
Remember, tea is full of nutrients. If there is no intolerance, you can safely drink it, even in position. The main thing is not to abuse it.
Summing up, I’ll say that if the doctor didn’t forbid drinking red tea, you can periodically enjoy its incredible taste in reasonable quantities without fear. This will saturate the body with vitamin "C", relieve chronic fatigue, improve the functioning of internal systems and organs.
Karkade is an extremely tasty drink that will cheer you up and bring many benefits.